• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Congratulations, misterbean!

So, here we are. my turn to nominate someone as fan of the week.
to be honest, I've been pondering this whole week long. you see, a serious case of stage fright has kept me from ever starting an AAR of my own. And this feels like a thread for writers, first and foremost. What to do?
In the end, I decided on someone we all know and respect. someone who never makes you feel left out. someone who never sounds condescending, even if the problem at hand is being able to upload a picture onto the forum, or who never sounds like he doesn't have time for his fans, when they installed the mod in such a way that they ruined the entire file.
so to turn things around, I wanted to announce that I'm a fan of our resident Hungarian computer wizard, Slan, and nominate him as fan of the week.

Oh, my... That really is me, isn't it? I mean WOW! :eek:

Well, what could I say... It's been an honour serving with you guys, and I expect it to remain so for a very long time still! :) Thank you!

And a very special thank you for misterbean, who has (to me at least) the most memorable nickname on the forum (because of the story behind it of course :p ).

(And now back to coding Qt...)

hah! didn't think anyone would remember that one. guess I made the right choice, then, didn't I?

Congrats Slan! :)

Congrats Slan!

Congrats Slan!

Congratulations Slan!

Definitely well deserved! Congratulations!

Slan was not only following my AARs, but provided important and detailed feedback about the HPP mod, which was much appreciated.

Renss

Congrats Slan! :)
Congratulations Slan! You deserve the award, that's for sure ;)
Congratulations, Slan!
congratulations Slan ... well deserved for all your contributions
Well deserved congrats, Slan!
Congrats Slan!
Congrats Slan!
Congratulations Slan!
Definitely well deserved! Congratulations!

Thank you all for your support and congratulations! :)

I'm really sorry for not being around for so long now and thus being unable to pass on the torch before! (It is somewhat unusual for me, but it is all in the name of a good cause! ;)) But here I am now to do the honours!

And my choice for the Fan of the Week is your friendly neighbourhood jet engineer, TheBromgrev. He's been my collague working on the HPP mod since almost the begining, but that alone wouldn't warrant the award. His recent (and not-so-recent) contribution to AARland on the other hand does: his epic battle against the Soviet hordes in Teutonic Dreams was a masterpiece and his latest project is also quite noteworthy. Not to mention his contribution to the CMP, a community project to help PI improve the vanilla map of Hearts of Iron 3.

P.s.: Again, sorry for stealing this spot for over a week, I really didn't mean to be late :rolleyes:

Congratulations.

Congratulations!