• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Well done Petrarca, congratulations :)

Congratulations, Petrarca! :)

Congratulations, Petrarca!

I have PM'd Petrarca, on the assumption he doesn't know he's won. We'll give him an extra couple of days, then we'll move on if we don't hear from him.

Rensslaer

Well, I've been blissfully ignorant of this. Perhaps if Mett could have done more of the *nudge nudge wink wink* routine I would have known, but this isn't the place for recriminations: this is about the AARs and the people who both read and write them.

I haven't come close to writing an AAR since a few months after EU2's release, so I stand firmly in the readers' camp. I am not as profilic a reader as I wish, and much of what I read has only convinced me further that I can't match the quality of writing that I read. I have kept close watch upon Mettermrck and Yogi's AARs in particular as well as Vincent Julian's Prussian Moderation and anything that Judas Maccabeus writes.

I've done something different recently and made a conscious effort to read AARs in different styles. Rocketman's prematurely ended I am the Emperor and Shy Kid's Keep on Rockin' in the Free World have been the primary recipients of that attention. Prufrock's War on Christmas is something I think everyone should read in order to put a smile on our collective face and remember to do everything with a dash of verve and a dousing of creativity.

If you kind folks will excuse me, I have to pick someone else. There're a few people I have in mind but I want to make sure that they haven't been recently honored. Until tonight, I bid you all adieu.

Petrarca,

Just a reminder, you have until about noon tomorrow to make a choice for your successor...

If not by then, I will ask someone else to choose the next Fan of the Week.

Thanks!

Rensslaer

The new Fan of the Week

Rensslaer asked me to nominate a new Fan of the Week, so with all the appropriate fanfare I would like to nominate someone who seems to post in my AAR about as often as I do, the new fan of the week is...

Terraferma

So step up to the mike, and tell us a little about yourself.

Indeed. Congrats, Terraferma. May the winds of the Fan always keep you cool. :D

Congratulations! :)

Congratulations, Terraferma! :)

*steps up to the mike* Well this is indeed a spectacular surprise. I would first like to thank Quirinus for nominating me for fan of the week. I am very honored to have received it and also the admiration of the masses. By special request I will tell you a bit about myself, I like games almost any genre of games. When I was younger I was a big fan of sports and racing games and as I got older I began the transition to RTS games and shooters although I like almost any genre nowadays. As I immersed myself into tactical games, I began to get a glimpse of the ones that are alternate history in terms of storyline and the take over the world type objectives. I began to have a thirst for world war type games and anything that goes boom.

Then I came across Hearts of Iron 2 in a store, I looked at it and saw the lovely features it had and I went on to different forums asking fellow gamers if they have played it, to most it was a unknown. So I gave it a shot and man was I hooked, I began to explore the forums to talk to the people who like the same game as I do and I came across a new type of element here on the Paradox forums, AAR’s. They are an epic story of individuals that take the fate of the world in their own hands (At least on the computer :p ) and change the fate of the nation they decide to lead. With it they can walk the bold line of history or change history slightly or completely to however they see fit. These AAR’s are filled with awesome dialogue, very good resourceful pictures and even clever and humorous modified pictures (see Duke of Wellington’s Mongol AAR for EU2, among others :rofl: ), and these AAR’s are an art as they take time and patience to produce.

How good are these AAR’s? Because of specific AAR’s by Duke of Wellington and Quirinus respectively I will be playing EU3 when it is released and the expansion of Vickie when it is released. Because of the AAR’s of Lord E, Virgiltchicken, Pacer, Joel, Gjerg (your AAR was the first AAR ever I read upon), jju_57, Marchalk_Zjukov(another one of the first), Spitfire_Pilot, Sir Humphrey, and Earth Savior I liked HoI2 more and more. Thank you. If I forgot your name do not worry for you have already made a difference to me. But alas, as you can see I am a relative newcomer to the forums in comparison to many so remember that I have not had the luxury nor honor to witness the other great AAR’s of the past. I am for the most part inspired to do my own AAR for HoI2 but the same reason I am inspired by it is the same reason I would rather be an active reader of AAR’s because I doubt although with a little practice I can make my AAR’s as good as the greats. Again thank you for nominating me as fan of the week and if you are already asleep… you can wake up now :D . I hope this speech has given at least a moderate reflection of how much I enjoy and appreciate these AAR’s. Thank you, and I will be here all week! Oh and thank you GrimReaper and others (sorry cant remember all names...Blue Emu too thanks) for your insight on questions I may have had. :cool: Cheers Ladies and Gents

Now that's a fan, ladies and gents! :D Outstanding acceptance speech, Terraferma! :cool:

Very good, Terrafirma!

Congratulations!

Rensslaer

Good choice, a well deserving winner. Congratulations Terraferma :)

Many congratulations!

Congratulations Terraferma! !

I have enjoyed my week, I have enjoyed the admiration and praise and now it is time to choose another. He has posted alot more than I have overall and when i had selected him I learned that he had never been chosen, last I looked at least. I choose GrimReaper, step up to the mike and enjoy the fan of the week :D