• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Quirinus308 said:
The single fan who made the greatest impact for me as a writer was my friend Renslaer. Having a writer of his caliber reading and commenting about my little AAR really encouraged me alot.
I'd like to thank you, Quirinus, for warming my heart with this comment! Naturally, I'm proud to have been of assistance or encouragement to a writer such as yourself!

But I am only following in the tradition of those who have helped me! Coz1 -- from day 1! -- was always very encouraging to me in my writing.

And there are a number of other really talented writers, like Stnylan and JoshWeber (who is sadly lost to us) and Draco Rexus (though this was before anyone knew he was a great writer!) who were faithful fans who sustained me from the very beginning of my writing in this forum! There are others I greatly respect who have stopped by more recently.

It is inspiring to have support from such people, and I'm glad you're taking the lesson to heart as you take a new cohort of fledgling writers under your encouraging wing! :D

Congratulations, again! Looking forward to see who your new choice will be!

Rensslaer

Rensslaer said:
But I am only following in the tradition of those who have helped me! Coz1 -- from day 1! -- was always very encouraging to me in my writing.
And I repeat your thanks for such nice words by saying the very same...my tradition was getting a comment from the likes of MrT, Lord Durham and Storey and the sadly now absent Bismarck on my first work in 2002. To get a comment from them was like a gift. It's fans like that that make this place keep moving. :D

About time for a new one too, yes? ;)

I was allowing until Tuesday, as Quirinus received the award late. Then I offered some grace...

But Quirinus has not logged in for 3 days. And I've e-mailed him, as well, with no response.

I'm suspecting the worst! -- A vacation! :rolleyes:

If you are around, Coz, and have someone in mind, I might defer to you to choose the next one. I have chosen a few recently. Brasidas, you would be welcome to choose another instead! Whoever comes first!

But if not, I will still think on it today. And if we don't hear from you I will try to post one. Though I know I've been catch-as-catch-can through the various fora lately, as I try feverishly to finish my own story!

By the end of the day, we shall be crowned by a new Fan! And hopefully will not come away too bruised from the experience. ;)

Rensslaer

You know, I just had a brainstorm.... And I know exactly who deserves to be Fan of the Week right now...

Now, I would say Coz1, as a means of congratulations for his just becoming a "Demi-Mod" -- basically getting the official title for a job he's been doing much of for many years... But Coz has received this award more than once, and more recently...

But there is another person whom this brings up...

Mettermrck is a person whom I hope is familiar to us all! I think he's certainly made the rounds, and commented in many an AAR. I've certainly seen him in the AARs I follow. Plus he's a writer of magnificent works!

But Mettermrck is also such a good guy!!! Mettermrck has always been very friendly and gracious -- he has been a good member, hasn't let his writing abilities go to his head -- he's a great guy to have around!

And that's partly why Mettermrck was also made a "Demi-Mod" not too very long ago!

And as Demi-Mod, Mett helps us ALL out! He's zipping here and there, to and forth and fro, making changes and updates to help us in our quest for great reading and writing... Don't think it's not a lot of work! He has to put his own desires for reading aside so he can do all these things, too!

Anyway... Mettermrck has not received the Fan of the Week Award since 2004. And that is certainly an oversight for a personality who contributes so much to these Fora!

So... Congratulations, Mettermrck! Step on up and tell us about yourself and your Fanship!!!

(oh, and would you mind changing the title to reflect your new honor??) ((snickers))

Rensslaer

Congratulations, Mettermrck! Reading the AARs that you and Yogi produce cemented my continued presence on these boards.

Vann

An outstanding choice for the new Fan! Congrats and well done, Mett! :D

Congrats, Mett!

Very good choice!

A brilliant and superb choice. Congratulations Mett :)

My apologies to all for my absence

As Renslaer so accurately guessed, I am in fact on vacation. I thought I had received the award early, and had until this Sunday to pass on the award, but as I read it appears I received the award late, and needed a new nominee several days ago.

However Mettermrck is an excellent choice, and I want to also add my congratulations to the long list...

so congratultions

Quirinus308 said:
My apologies to all for my absence As Renslaer so accurately guessed, I am in fact on vacation. I thought I had received the award early, and had until this Sunday to pass on the award, but as I read it appears I received the award late, and needed a new nominee several days ago.
Hmm... Actually, I think you may be right! We try to make it a week, tending toward Sunday, but since the schedule sometimes gets messed up I try to arrive at a compromise between the two.

I do apologize! As perhaps you had someone in mind and meant to pass it on in good order. Sorry about that.

When this award comes open again with someone missing their chance (as happens about every third time, I'm finding, I shall seek you out and allow you to make your choice then!

Renss

Congrats, Mettermrck!

Congratulations, Mettermrck! :)

Congratulations Mettermrck!

Wow, well I am real humbled by this award. I've often told those forum-mates I chat with that I feel like I never comment enough in AARs. There's so many great works out there in the ever expanding AAR community, that to even follow your personal favorites is a challenge, let alone seek out new gems. Fans are just as important as authors in AARland, and I'm pleased to be recognized in both capacities. To be a demi-Moderator is to be a fan. :) So thanks to all the authors whose works I've admired over the past years. I look forward to what comes ahead. With EU3 and Victoria: Revolutions coming, the AAR community will only be invigorated!