• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Congratulations Brandenburg III ! ! :cool:

Good to see you back, GhostWriter! :)

Thanks coz1...

I looked through the first posts of this thread and the old one and hadn’t found any lost traditions other than posting a picture of a fan CatKnight instigated on the first page of this thread. In lieu of me painting my cheeks red and holding my hands behind my back, I thought I’d go ahead and list what I’m fans of: great guitar licks, almost anything tapping on the keys of a piano, Southgang’s “Tainted Angel” (copy and paste if Brandenburg III brought you here ;) ), classic literature, cigarettes, whiskey and wild, wild women.

I was surprised by this award because I don’t often comment due to the few new AARs I read. Often I wait until an AAR is completed since so many crash and burn. Those immediately below are a few I'm subscribed to.

The Shortest Road to Damascus by aldriq

Ireland, Ascend! by demokratickid

Empire of Fu Manchu by The Yogi

“How the heck do you play this game?!” A simple tutorial AAR by Ironhead 5

I’ve been peeking my head into a few newer HOI2 AARs now and again trying to decide whether I’d want to subscribe. The decision will be made after I'm sure they won't be forgotten or ignored.

I thought you said conquering the World was easy with ETHIOPIAAR???
by tedski

Sweet America: A Fallout AAR by Iceman2508

Downfall: The Empire’s Last Stand by CaptRobau

It’d be almost sacrilege if I didn’t provide a few forgotten HOI2 AARs from long ago, along with a few from Victoria. After all, finished/completed AARs are my favorites to read:

HOI2​

Empire of the Sun (Restarted) by OprahAteMyBaby is a good, early, solid Japan AAR lasting no more than three pages. Although there were a lot of “short” AARs back then whether they were successes or failures.

Changing sides- An Ukraine '44 AAR by General Roca I’m still in the process of reading this (reading online is a long process for me and older AARs take a backseat to those I’m subscribed and to the library) but I’m liking it so far. Another one from 2005.

To put up a fight - USA in The Korean War by Oranje Verzet A Korean War AAR set in a history book format. Another 2005 AAR :cool:

Victoria​

Santa Ana is Drunk, And So Am I: A Drinking AAR by coz1 I first read this a long while back but while looking for Mexican strategies, I again came across this AAR. And I read through it again. Needless to say it’s a drinking AAR and I wish more people would do them. Sure you could go to the originators coz1 mentions (MrT and Paranoid Tsar) in his first post but they know how to hold their liquor. Where’s the fun in that? ;) Oh, and if you’re looking for a Mexican strategy... you’re not going to find it here.

The Crown of Europe - A Danish AAR. by TekcoR This is a coherent AAR I found after trying to find ways to allow for Denmark’s survival (going well so far with the recent annexations of Ryuku, parts of Siberia, northern Germany and Cambodia!) and I skimmed through it. I’m going to go in for a reread later on to give it the attention it deserves.

To sum it up, a good way to get me to read your AAR is for you to comment on my AARs. Although you must have your AAR in your sig otherwise I probably won’t know it exists. And there may have been a few AARs I left out of my subscriptions but that’s for space and to allow for a few older AARs who no longer receive any love. So bring some scented candles, a bottle of wine and turn on your computer for a few late nights. There’s some good stuff here.

PS I stay away from HOI2 Germany AARs like the plague! (The black one ;) )

PPS Ghostwriter responded to something geared toward me in funky looking bold letters? My work here is done.

Nice work, congratulations Brandenburg III.

Congratulations!

A good writAAR is a good ReadAAr, after all.

I’ve been thinking over the last few days about who ought to receive this week’s Fan of the Week award. At first I began by setting up a big board with names stuck to it and I was going to throw darts at it but my neighbor simply refused to hold the board up for me. *sigh* Then an idea popped up and I started putting a bunch of names into a bowl but my goldfish was none too happy! Lastly I developed a mathematical solution which ended up having nothing to do with finding someone suitable but I was able to tell Dionne Warwick the way to San Jose.

Ultimately I decided to find someone whose been around my AARs for a while, and if you follow the mesh I create, you must be a fan of AARs. But I really have to question your taste. :p

aldriq

2m765xj.jpg

By the way, here’s your fan which I shamelessly stole from Singleton Mosby.

Congratulations aldriq!

And thanks so much for finding that pic, Brandenburg III - I liked it so much, I added it to the first post. :D

EDIT - I realize I am also remiss in thanking Brandenburg III for mentioning my lost Mexican AAR. I beg to differ, sir. There are plenty of strategies presented in the AAR...you just had to read them backwards. :p This is NOT what to do. ;):wacko:

Last edited:
Congratulations!

Congrats aldriq :D

Congratulations aldriq :)

Congratulations :)

Congratz Aldriq!

Congratulations aldriq ! ! :cool: