• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Congratulations Maj. von Mauser!

And also Congratulations to our new Fan, Sokraates!

Thanks for keeping up the fanship!

Rensslaer

Congrats Sokraates! Cool name. :cool:

As has it has become the habit during summertime, I am very late to collect my crown. At least my holiday went well: kids are still alive and my wife is still married to me.

A special Thank You goes out to Maj. von Mauser. Not only for nominating me but also for sending me a PM. Otherwise I might never have known about this honor. :D

Hmm ... so which AARs do I read now? Looking at my control panel, my subscriptions are numerous (around 200) but I'm only actively following around a dozen. Some are already finished (e.g. Golden Horde - Scourge from the East ), some I still need to catch up (e.g. Permanently Operating Factors - A Soviet LAN AAR, I dont' post comments when I'm not up to date), so my comments are currently reserved for e.g. (in no special order) The Fight bAARk. USA AAR. 1945 onwards (once Reado continues this, that is), The Adventures of the Crovan Clan (a great start towards a Mega Campaign) Trouble in the East - WIF Japan AAR and The Setting Sun - Gotterdammerung, Japan 1944.

And then there are two AARs that in my eyes deserve a special mention: Robou's excellent 'I'm sorry, but you're not the only one...' (where I haven't commented yet, since I need to catch up) and the revolutionary and much too neglected Paradoxian Idol (also for Crusader Kings and Europa Universalis III). I strongly advise every true fan to visit those and contribute with comments and songs.

Should anyone be interested to read something in good old paper form, I suggest Water Margin (which I also read now).

Once again, thank you all for the nomination/congratulations. I will now take some time off (mentally speaking) to think of a worthy successor.

Just one final note, since germanpeon commented on my nickname: it is derived from "Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure", where Bill and Ted encounter Socrates. Every time they pronunce his name, Socrates corrects them, putting the emphasis on the "a" instead of the "o". So its "Socraates" instead of "Soocrates". And since the Greek didn't pronounce "c"s as "k"s, it would be "Sokraates". Voila. My nickname.

Congratulations Sokraates ! ! :cool:

Congratulations Maj. von Mauser ! ! :cool:

BOTH well deserved ! !
:)

Alright everybody. Listen ... er .. read up! Sound the fanfares, roll the drums, undress the virgins for here comes the announcement you have been waiting for all week long:

The Name of the new Fan of the Week

will be announced after a short commercial break ...

Did everyone click on the image? Fine, then the name of the new Fan of the Week is ...

4th Dimension

Congratulations!

Enewald said:
*undresses*

Anyways, gratz who-ever-you-are 4th Dimension!
Are you shure you picked the right person? Because as he said, I'm not that known or active.

But now that you or better say he chose me, now you are stuck with me.
LET THE THOUSAND YEARS OF 4th Dimensional Reich begin.
Oh ... WHAT... one week! ....
Okay...
LET THE one week REICH begin...

So let's get over with tradition now.

What AAR's do I read.. Wheu.... I read a lot of them.
I like Comedies the most... As long as I can get the joke (and sometimes it's tough because I don't understand some that draw form more recent American pop culture), so some of favorite ones of mine are the triple Knytling /Crovan/GodWINson madness in CK (all tough I'm a HOI player, never played CK in my life). Sadly the just ended, so I'm in short supply in Comedy AARs. That's not to say there are no more good ones. I'm currently reading: Uniting Russia by Stefke which combines my two maybe most favourite things, reviving Russian empire, and INSANITY of an nation that's in shambles, and there is also: Crazy Counsilors and mad meetings by Keisok which is a sort of rippoff of the maybe the only man capable of dethroning (but relay dethroning) legendary Le Ran from his throne of ultimate HOI comedist, Blue Emu's The Game.
Now that we are finished with Comedyland (not that there aren't other good ones, but these first came into my mind (or were written by fellow countrymen and are good and need more viewers (what can I say, nepotism was allways big in Montenegro))), or were updated in recent days (couple of days is quite enough to throw an AAR into 2nd page of unknown in my subcribtion list, so the moraly of the story is uptade often, or have anoying fans who demand MOAR each day :D).

Let's go on into Story/History part of the land. There for me rule the sneaky Comnenids from Rome AARisen, resurgent 30s French lead by conservative Croix de Feu de la Roque on his crusade against Bolshevism and Nazism in Atlantic Friend's exelent Crossfires AAR, the resurgent Russians from Imperial Russia - The Golden Age AAR which is using Kaiserreich mod and is mostly story driven, Hrabrost AAR, another Kaiserreich AAR, featuring a Serbia out for REVENGE, Rise of Euroasian Alliance, Myth/Discomb AAR's and so on and so on. I could go like this forever.

In Gameplay section I mostly favour, the titanic effort in Fatherland where it's basicaly Germany vs the rest of the world, featuring 1000 div armies, "Alone" – Britain, VH+, a multimedia AAR featuring real strugle for survival and actual Italian army that made trouble.

Oh and I allmoust forgot. For all you vampires out there, the AAR that promise plenty of blood, gore and stabing Actingguy's Butterfly device also featuring Time Traveling, Crusading and 100% not metal butterfl... "She is going to kill us alll!!!" . . . WHO SAID THAT
Drip

Drip

Klik

What was that!

KLik Klik

Drip

Screeeeeeecht TUngh

Dip

Who's there

Drip

Drip

Drip