• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Congratulations!

Congratulations Stabber! Don't forget to name a successor next week!

Congratulations TheBromgrev

Thank you Chris Taylor for the nomination of FotW, and thank you all for the congratulations.

I must admit that it was strange to be bestowed with such a nomination having a modest 44 posts to my name.
I guess I have followed a common route by first beeing a lurker, then advancing to posting on a subject that intrigue you, and then you're hooked.

The best bit with beeing nominated is the opportunity to give something back to the people who really enrich the games we all adore.

According to the statues of this award we are encouraged to say something about the AAR's that we find interesting, so here goes.

The first AAR I started to read was Uriah's "Rank and File". It is fantastic. Uriah has an abnormal attention to detail, and coupled with storytelling talent and computer skills "Rank and File" is one of the best out there.

Eqqman is another writAAR that I am fond of. His originality is shown in his British "No Peace for AAR time". "Kneel Before Zog" is way out of the box. Playing a micropower without...anything but preying on the "Puppet nation" option is both entertaining and original.
The last AAR Eqqman is working on is "Springtime for Hit-LAAR, or, diplomacy will only take you so FAAR." A comedy AAR that I have high hopes for.

CptEasy has a whole series of MP AAR. I find these to be brilliant. The input from his fellow players give that extra flavour to make it a good read.
I have not played MP but the "Carnage" series by CptEasy is as good adverticement as can be.

Valentian has made 3 AAR focusing on building Sea, Land and now Airforces. I find these to be very informative and interesting. The long term planning that Valentian advocate adds another layer to gameplay, and from what I can gather, is essential reading for anyone who wants to play in MP.

I nominate TheBromgrev as fan of the week.

TheBromgrev has made several AAR's but "Teutonic dreams" was the one that caught my interest. His work with naval plans, and the HPP has been inspiring to read.

I find TheBromgrev has an unusal flair for commenting on various "types" of AAR. Be it a roleplay based, traditional gameplay based or even a game aimed at testing or optimisation. It is for this ability rather than one singular post (such as I won it last week) that I nominate TheBromgrev.

In closing I would like to highlight that I only have HOI 1,2,3 +SF & FtM. So for all who comment on other formats I'm sorry and better luck next week.

Last edited:
I nominate TheBromgrev as fan of the week.

TheBromgrev has made several AAR's but "Teutonic dreams" was the one that caught my interest. His work with naval plans, and the HPP has been inspiring to read.

TheBromgrev has managed to encompass a good grip on the game engine, but allowed for roleplay. It is particulary his work for fun/roleplay motifs over optimised solutions that has won him my nomination.

In closing I would like to highlight that I only have HOI 1,2,3 +SF & FtM. So for all those writAARs who writes for other games; I'm sorry, and better luck next week.

You do realise that this is Fan of the Week, not WritAAR of the Week, right?

Congrats TheBromgrev.

Congrats TheBromgrev!

Great "acceptance speech" Stabber. :)

Congrats TheBromgev!

Eqqman is another writAAR that I am fond of. His originality is shown in his British "No Peace for AAR time". "Kneel Before Zog" is way out of the box. Playing a micropower without...anything but preying on the "Puppet nation" option is both entertaining and original.
The last AAR Eqqman is working on is "Springtime for Hit-LAAR, or, diplomacy will only take you so FAAR." A comedy AAR that I have high hopes for.

Thank you! Comedy is always that easy to write since things that seem funny to you aren't always equally funny to your readers.

I find TheBromgrev has an unusal flair for commenting on various "types" of AAR. Be it a roleplay based, traditional gameplay based or even a game aimed at testing or optimisation. It is for this ability rather than one singular post (such as I won it last week) that I nominate TheBromgrev.

A very well-deserved nomination, TheBromgrev is a very positive presence in the forums. Congratulations! Maybe now we can persuade him/her to explain what a `Bromgrev` is, exactly... hehe.

Congratulation The Bromgrev!

Thanks everyone! As to what my forum nickname means, well that's a secret ;)

Choosing the next person to take up the title of Fan of the Week is always difficult. While I do wander around the AAR forums for other titles, I spend most of my time in the HOI3 forum. After quite a bit of consideration I've decided to nominate Saithis for Fan of the Week. Saithis is quite active in the HOI3 AAR forum as well as the CK2 one, not only keeping her AARs updated and responding to reader comments but also making the rounds between other AARs of various styles as well.

Last edited:
Nice choice, congrats Saithis!

Huh, this isn't an award I ever expected to get. Still, thanks to TheBromgev for the nomination! And thanks to everyone else. :)

I wasn't a very active fan in the past but a few months ago I made a decision that I should put as much effort into other people's AARs as my own fans had put into mine, and start following some a bit more seriously. Thanks again! :D

Congratulations Saithis!