• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Congratulations Loki! Contrary to what you may think, I'd say your 5th (I think...) FoTW award is well deserved - your "acceptance speech" just now on the importance of comments to AARs and AARland proves that in my mind.

well deserved loki. and certainly no need to be self conscious about prioritizing your need to take care of business on the homefront...you've more than earned the recognition you get here..

Congratulations loki100!
Congratulations, loki100! :)
Indeed, very well deserved.:) Congratulations loki!
Well deserved congrats, loki100!
Congratulations.
Congratulations loki100.
Congratulations loki100 :D
Congratulations, loki!
That's certainly true, Ricardo Rolo! I see Loki100 EVERYWHERE! Including in those little-visited fora, which I make it to too infrequently.

Congratulations Loki100!

Renss
A very deserved nomination for one of the most involved forumites out there... Congratulations loki!
Congratulations Loki100, one of the most regular commentators in almost every AAR I read, an excellent choice for this award.
Congratulations, Loki. The quality and amount of feedback you provide is commendable.

Thank you all, still undeserved on the basis of current activity, but very cheering nonetheless

Tell me more?

There are 3 multi-player AARs between myself and Narwhal where we wrote posts on the same period. Two were designed as 'how to' (one for the new AJE and one for the older Wars in America). The idea was that I'd present a view of the game as someone new (I often find i can learn from watching someone work it out) and Narwhal as an expert (so you get to see how it fits together as well as how the AGE-based games work). its also, though I say it myself, funny, with lots of allegations as to just who shot whom, or burnt donw what. Problem is to migrate them to the AGEOD forum we'd have to work at the same time as it only makes sense with the main posts (& feedback) in order. Having just spent 2 weeks rescuing my Pride of Nations AAR I realise that isn't going to happen - which I think is a loss as people still use it as an intro to the game system.

I must say Loki, I am not around as much as I used to be and your presence has been certainly felt over the past year and change. Nice work cleaning up the fAARq and all else. :) Very well deserved!

thank you, the fAARq was a wonderful resource but had seen little tlc for a while, so all I did was to add some extra stuff and clean it up a little. 90% of it is as you left it.

Congratulations! Always ready with a supportive comment or a helpful tip, be it AAR or game-related. Oh, and the oft-times obscure Scotland banter is an added bonus. :)

och, I'm not too bad at the use of Scots ... at least you now know what 'chuntering' means, think of it as an exploration into the wierder ends of English based dialects (or Old German as is more the case).

Congrats Loki. Even if you don't comment on my AARs. ;)

Ah, the perils of time ... I'd love to read more, when I was a DM I found I was spending all my time quickly scanning, deleting ad-bots (one nice thing about not being a dm is I can no longer see where they were deleted from) and the occasional bit of human written lunacy. Add on helping new writers with things like screenshots and doing much else became near impossible. My fantasy was more to read when I stood down but in truth I've had next to no spare time not taking up with a few projects.

Congratulations - and well deserved. "Well played, that man!"

thank you, and its great to see 'Special Providence' shifting gears yet again and maintaining its status as one of the contemporary classics of this forum.

My belated congratulations Loki100. I've started a job where I actually work and am immersed from the start (only now!) in Malurous' Inca MEIOU AAR.

It is well deserved.

Ah and there is another classic. By the time I discovered it, it was over 150 pages and too daunting for me to start, but his Gentlemen in Germany is another gem ... a gem that would be enhanced by an update I think (hint hint)

Congratulations Loki! Contrary to what you may think, I'd say your 5th (I think...) FoTW award is well deserved - your "acceptance speech" just now on the importance of comments to AARs and AARland proves that in my mind.

Thank you, I think that when you opt to write in the quieter corners you really notice just how important the comment process is. Equally if you write on other forums, you come back and notice much more how rich the interaction process here is ... and how important that becomes.

well deserved loki. and certainly no need to be self conscious about prioritizing your need to take care of business on the homefront...you've more than earned the recognition you get here..

again thank you, but yes one of the perils of freelance is both a permanent panic over cashflow and every now and then just taking on too much.

Ok, that is a long set of thank yous etc, but I really appreciated both the award and the comments, as I say all the more for my relative silence for most of this year.

Now I need to pass this on (doing it early as I'm off ski-mountaineering later today - though looking out the window it looks like i could stay and do it in Glasgow at the moment). Looking over the past records I note I gave it to Derehan a while back when I had a previous award. Well thinking about it, I'd like to repeat that. His work on bringing the AArlander back to life and organising a wonderfully disparate range of authors is indicative of the type of effort that makes this forum work. And, just to develop that theme, we should thank all the people who do things - the mods, the libraarians, anyone - that again make this place work.

So leave lots of thanks to your new fan of the week - Derehan

Congratulations, Derehan! Anyone crazy (;)) committed enough to reanimate the AARlander and thereby contribute to that special culture that still prevails in AARland deserves all the kudos (and more) that I can offer.

Congratulations, Derahan. I'd like to personally thank you for sticking with me on In the Footsteps... and, of course, for your work with The AARlander.

Very well deserved, Derahan! Now MOAR POLANDBALL! :D

Congratulations, Derahan!

I, also, have been enjoying the AARLander, which I've been able to catch more often than not, of late. I was dreadfully short on reading time before that, so I could not support the newspaper projects as I would like to have.

Rensslaer

Congratulations, Derehan! Anyone crazy (;)) committed enough to reanimate the AARlander and thereby contribute to that special culture that still prevails in AARland deserves all the kudos (and more) that I can offer.

Thanks alot! I will admit I'm a little crazy ;)

Congratulations Derahan.

Congratulations Derahan -

They who are about to write, salute you!

Thanks alot guys!

Congratulations, Derahan. I'd like to personally thank you for sticking with me on In the Footsteps... and, of course, for your work with The AARlander.

Thank you so much, always a pleasure!

Congratulations Derehan, looks to be very well deserved :)

Ah, well, if you say so, thank you!

Very well deserved, Derahan! Now MOAR POLANDBALL! :D

Ah yea, thanks alot, as for Polandball it is on hold as I got no time to spend on it atm.

Congratulations, Derahan!

I, also, have been enjoying the AARLander, which I've been able to catch more often than not, of late. I was dreadfully short on reading time before that, so I could not support the newspaper projects as I would like to have.

Rensslaer

Thanks alot to all of you! :)

Congratulations Derahan, another very deserving winner. I've hugely enjoyed reading the AARlander recently, and appreciate the huge amount of work that must go into organising it. Looking forward to seeing the changes unveiled!

Kudos to you Derahan, and the fine job you do with the AARlander. Well deserved.

Some incredibly deserving winners here lately. Congrats loki - you know how much I respect what you do and you're a modern day cornerstone of AARland, DM or no DM. :) And congrats Derahan, I haven't said enough about your revived AARlander in the past, but it is very much appreciated.

I've started a job where I actually work and am immersed from the start (only now!) in Malurous' Inca MEIOU AAR.

I'm very happy to hear that, read slowly and with any luck I'll be updating again by the time you've read what's there now. :p

Ah and there is another classic. By the time I discovered it, it was over 150 pages and too daunting for me to start, but his Gentlemen in Germany is another gem ... a gem that would be enhanced by an update I think (hint hint)

The length might seem daunting but it's as easy a read as, well, anything is. ;) Anyway thanks for the mention, seems that I can't read any thread on these forums these days without someone mentioning updates, I may have no choice soon (and of course you just might have some inside information on that project...). :D

Congrats Derahan.

Congrats Derahan! It's great to see the AARlander getting some attention! :)