• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
My contrafibularities, DB! :D Well deserved, for such an active forumite!

A most worthy winner! :)

Well, I must say, this is a wonderful and wholly unexpected surprise. I pop in to offer my congratulations to our next laureate, only to find that that would be very vain of me indeed! :D

While I'll look forward to the pleasure of thanking each of you individually next week along with announcing my successor, I will thank DKM straight away for his generosity. If anything, it's a nice affirmation of the fact that Michael Gove has failed in his ploy to deprive 14-16 year olds of any free time.

My sincere thanks to you all. I'm truly honoured. :)

Clearly Densley is the Enewald of our times... or the stnylan, whichever comparison one finds to be more complimentary.

Well, I must say, this is a wonderful and wholly unexpected surprise. I pop in to offer my congratulations to our next laureate, only to find that that would be very vain of me indeed! :D

While I'll look forward to the pleasure of thanking each of you individually next week along with announcing my successor, I will thank DKM straight away for his generosity. If anything, it's a nice affirmation of the fact that Michael Gove has failed in his ploy to deprive 14-16 year olds of any free time.

My sincere thanks to you all. I'm truly honoured. :)

How dare you insult the glorious Gove! Many shames! ;)

Though I tried to find someone who's never received the award or hasn't received any lately and who participates in multiple Game sections, I was unfortunately unable to find such a person thus I nominate DensleyBlair as "Fan of the Week!" I've seen him around AARland and though I know he's received it 3 other times before, I feel he is greatly worthy of this award.

My sincerest thanks once again, DKM. To be nominated for a fourth time really does mean a great deal. :)

I for one find it an excellent choice, and congratulations to DensleyBlair!

It's very good of you to say so. Thanks Av. :)

Congrats Densley :)

Thanks a lot A_Dane! Good to see you again. :)

My felicitations!

Cheers Enewald!

Congratulations, you unseemingly productive and active member of the community, DensleyBlair! (Envious of your ability to be everywhere at once and write AARs as well, me? Nah... ;))

Job's a good one. :)

If by 'write' you mean 'update once every six weeks or so', then fair enough. :D

Thanks a lot for your kind words, Stuyvesant. It's always good to see you around.

My contrafibularities, DB! :D Well deserved, for such an active forumite!

Why thank you, GÜG. Nice to see someone has assumed the role of contrafibularitor pro tempore. :)

A most worthy winner! :)

It's nice you to say so! Thanks a lot, Nikolai. :)

Congratulations to another deserving recipient.

Cheers MysterX!

Clearly Densley is the Enewald of our times... or the stnylan, whichever comparison one finds to be more complimentary.

I couldn't possibly comment – though I'd take either comparison in the spirit in which it was intended. :)

Congratulations Densley, very richly deserved

Thanks Seel! It's always a pleasure. :)

Congratulations, Densley! You are the best!

Wow, thanks kaufenpreis! Nice of you to say so – especially considering I'm not sure we've met before (in which case, it's a pleasure to make your acquaintance. :))

Congrats Densley

Thanks tnick! I promise I'll catch up with your AARs one day! :)

How dare you insult the glorious Gove! Many shames! ;)

'Glorious' isn't the word I'd use... ;)

Congratulations Densley! A much deserved award, as the previous posters have noted!

Thank you very much, Crimson Drakon! It's AARs like yours that make being a fan a pleasure. :)

Similarly, to those authors whose work makes being an AARlander such a pleasure: I thank you all. :)

Before I reveal our next laureate, I'd like to take the opportunity to highlight a few of my favourite pieces of work at the moment, as is sporadic tradition in these parts. I can't possibly list them all, so here's a handful from my subscription list in no particular order:

As I alluded to above, Crimson Drakon's Al-Iqritiya – the Saracens of Crete is a great read. It has just finished (in wonderful fashion) though worth checking out nonetheless. Bofbof's Chronicles of the House of Karvuna is similarly enjoyable.

Tommy4Ever's Freedom is a Noble Thing is not only always excellent value, but also the second part of a mega-campaign, so there's still plenty of action ahead to enjoy. Now that we've hit the nascence of the Scottish Whig/Tory dichotomy, things have become very exciting indeed.

Out of a patriotic duty, I have to mention the recently-started Tales of Wales by Mr Miyagi10301, which is one of the more postmodern AARs on offer nowadays. Saxon125's The Pendragon Chronicles is offered for reading in of a similar spirit.

For their respective attempts to revive the Sengoku and March of the Eagles sub-forums, I also have to highlight MysterX's Noobunga's Ambition and Ab Ovo's Dispatches from the Pitti Palace.

And finally, I have to mention two of my favourite blasts from the past: CatKnight's sublime magnificent octopus Resurrection: Rebirth of the United States, which is essential reading for any narrative fan; and Tanzhang's United We Shall Remain, which remains a tantalisingly unfinished gem, and the gold standard for all Victoria II history book AARs of a political bent.

And now that my self-indulgence is over (huzzah! I hear you cry,) it's time for our next laureate to be revealed. I will admit, this person isn't one who would necessarily come to mind if one were asked to name some of the great fans of our age. Naturally, he does offer comment on AARs, but perhaps is not as prolific a reader as others.

Why, then, is he deserving of nomination?

Well, he's got one very important factor working for him; namely, that he is a firm supporter of mine. I don't means to belittle this award at all by simply using it to reward those who read my work who may otherwise not be elected laureate, but in this instance, I think it is more than justified. Our next recipient is someone who, no matter how long a period of leave he may take from the forum, I know will always come and offer me encouragement sooner or later – and I value this greatly. It's always nice as an author to know that one has such a loyal and dedicated core of readers and, for me – more than those on whom I can count to comment on each update – our next awardee does a fine job of representing them.

Therefore, I ask that you all offer your warmest and most sincere contrafibularities to my successor: The B!

Ah, The B! A good fan that. Of course, I know him mainly as an AAR writer, but I've seen him around. Congratulations!

Thanks tnick! I promise I'll catch up with your AARs one day! :)

I haven't been writing very much in fact updated them for the first time since September, so shouldn't be too hard to catch up :p

And many congratulations to The B

Thank you very much Densley! I really am honoured to receive this award, it was not something I expected.

I am certainly not the most frequent commenter as I spend most of my time available tinkering with my own AAR or reading others. But you can be assured that if I've dropped a comment on anyone's AAR, I will stick around, lurking!

Densley's AARs - particularly his current Victoria 2 one - have always caught my attention and I always like to offer words of encouragement now and then, especially since he often comments so insightfully on my own. And yes, my breaks can be long but I will always return!

I'm very tired now but was so pleased to receive this award I had to comment. I'll see if I've left a load of mangled words tomorrow!

Congratulations, The B!

Congrats, The B!