• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Bloody hell! Another one? :eek:

Thank you very much Tanzhang - I'm that I'm glad that you appreciate my commentary, although, obviously, without all of the great AARs that people write, I would never have found myself in this position. So, I'd like to say a big thanks to everyone in the community for all of the work they put into their stories :)

EDIT, Having read the first post: Being a narrative-oriented writAAR myself, I like a good narrative story, in which I can completely immerse myself with the help of a solid plot and characters. At the moment, one of my favourite such AARs is Wyrd Bið Ful Aræd, for which the author, Lanlier, won the Best Character Writer Award the week prior to me.

Two other AARs I enjoy at the moment are both by NewbieOne - Land's End, and The Lives of the Saints, which are both very different in terms of style, but consistent in terms of quality. One great thing about the latter is Newbie's meticulous detailing, adding links to any characters mentioned to give the reader a) an idea of context, and b) an opportunity to learn more about the interesting ones :)

Go check them out!

[Oh, and I'm a he :)]

Last edited:
Congrats Densleyblair!

Congratulations DensleyBlair!

Aside from your fanship in other AARs, I would like to personally thank you for voluntarily posting the AARland banner - before I even told you to :D

No problem - I did actually get a PM, but I would have done so all the same :)

Congratulations, DensleyBlair!

Congrats, DensleyBlair

Congratulations DensleyBlair! Good job sweeping these awards lately. ;)

Congrats Densleyblair!

Likewise, you fully deserve it!

Congrats, DensleyBlair

Thank you all :)

Congratulations DensleyBlair! Good job sweeping these awards lately. ;)

Thanks - let's hope that the standard of my work is deserving of such recognition in the future :)

Thanks a lot :)

--​

Now, it seems that Sunday has rolled around, and it's therefore my turn to pass this award on. I'd like to think everyone for their kind congratulations before I go, and long may the AARs keep coming!

Like the Plato-esque cave dweller I am, as you may have noticed, my water-cooler of choice is the Crusader Kings 2 sub-section. Therefore, it is about this area of the community that I am best informed, and, at the risk of the award becoming stuck in one sub-section, it is from this area that I will be nominating my successor.

So, without further ado, I hereby choose mike the knight as the next recipient of this award. Mr the Knight is very active on my There's nowt as queer... AAR, always with some feedback on updates, for which I am very grateful.

Congratulations! :)

Congratulations Mike!

Congrats to Mike. That was well deserved if I may say so. Mike has been very supportive with both of my two current AARs. Basically, if it hadn't been for the tandem of him and DensleyBlair, the previous nominee, I'd have gone without comments between updates quite a lot in Land's End and Lives of the Saints wouldn't be the same. Mike has been trying his hand as an AAR author too, so how about you guys go and give him some loving in return.

So, once again, congratulations!