• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
A great many thanks to Stuyvesant, especially as it is not so long since I was last lucky enough to be chosen for this award (bribery works very well!). I have been spending an ever increasing amount of my time on this wonderful forum and I merely regret that I do not have yet more time to follow yet more AARs, as there appears a never ending stream of great work being started everyday. My sincere thanks to Stuyvesant once again and to everyone else for the many kind words.

I will choose my successor at the end of the week (I am very susceptible to bribes if anyone is interested in being nominated next for this award!).

How many comments do you desire?
I can give lots of them to you... ;)

Kudos morningSIDEr! You're a great fan and writer too!

A great many thanks once again to everyone who has left a reply.

My week is nearly up and it is thus time to pass on the award. There are a number of candidates I could and would happily pass this on to, guys like RGB, loki, Iain, naggy, Dewirix, Stuyvesant, Enewald and many, many others who could simply be given this award every single week. However I thought it best to pick someone not honoured with this title for quite some time and looking through the records I was shocked to note that my choice has not been named Fan of the Week for many years. This remains a mystery to me as I have noticed numerous comments left by my choice for a number of different AARs, on every board, always encouraging the writer with some friendly words. Anyway without further ado, my choice is CatKnight.

Congratulations!

Congrats CatKnight!

Wow! Thanks, morningSIDEr.

When it comes to being a ReadAAR and fan, stnylan is my hero.

I'm sure what I'm about to say is part nostalgia and reputation, but for a very long time it seemed to me he lived here. It didn't matter what you were writing about or where you hid your AAR, he would find you and offer some meaningful comment. He believed, as do I, that comments fuel AARland. Yes, by all means we're gathered here because we enjoy the games, have at least some appreciation for history, and like to write about our accomplishments, but I've seen writers get discouraged and AARs fail because of lack of comments.

I think, on some level, we're all here to interact with each other. Otherwise, why post?

I am not stnylan. I don't think I have that kind of energy, and oft times my thoughts are too scattered to offer meaningful insight. I come here almost daily however, and try to find some AAR I can lose myself in for awhile. It's been almost seven years since I came here, years full of breathtaking heights and crushing sorrow. AARland is my solace, my reward for putting up with that 'other' world for another day, and sometimes even home.

I think being a fan means trying to 'give something back' to the community. It sounds almost cliche, but it's true. I think all our volunteers are great fans, as well as mod developers who find new and interesting takes on the world for us to try.

Some of our finest fans however, the people I admire and smile at whenever I see their names flash on my screen, are those who find a handful of AARs they care for and encourages our writers with meaningful feedback. Ultimately I think it's about finding ways to make AARland a welcoming place for newcomers to join and veterans to settle.

I'll carry this award around with honor this week, for it's our fans that holds AARland together.

Congratulations, CatKnight!

Congratulations CatKnight! It's good to see your contributions recognized (and yes, I say that as someone who failed to do so pretty recently...). I enjoyed reading your acceptance speech: you said pretty much what I think about AARland and its denizens, just much more eloquently than I could. :)

Seven years in AARland, eh? Here's hoping you'll stick around for many more. Cheers!

Congrats! :)

Nice choice. Well done CatKnight! Congratulations :)

Congratulations, CatKnight!

Always appreciate your comments and readership!

Rensslaer