• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Well done Shuma, congratulations :)

congrats shuma on the award

Congratulations Shuma!

Congratulations Shuma ! ! :cool:

Congratulations, Shuma!

Also, apologies to all for not updating the index for a while. I've just got 30 things distracting me. I know it makes it ####### the new fans because it's hard to tell who's received the award recently.

Soon to be updated!

Rensslaer

Oops! The whole week I thought about how I have to pass this on during Sunday, and then yesterday I completely forgot about it. Sorry!

Thanx again to Jimbo for nominating me, and to all who offered congratulations. Although it is usually great fun, it is sometimes difficult to keep up with a lot of AARs, and motivation to post comments is sometimes hard to find, but I'm very glad my efforts haven't gone unnoticed. :)

There's one more thing before I name this week's fan. The opening post of this thread suggests that the FoTW should list some of his favourite AAR's, and I'd like to do this now. Although I generally read and enjoy a lot of the CK ones, and the occasional one outside it, I do off course have favourites of my own. Here are _some_ of them, ones that I think deserve more attention than they have been getting.

-CSK's Know Your Enemy. This AAR already received accolades the past week with CSK being named WritAAR of The Week, but I'd like to take this opportunity to nudge in that direction all the people who haven't checked it out yet. It is a really intriguing narrative loosely based on one of his games.

-Coz1's The Eagle In Winter. Another well spun tale of court intrigue, which I pointed to some time ago when passing on the WritAAR award to Coz1. It finally had an update this week.... woh.. I didn't comment on it :eek: ..was 4 am when I read it... will do it ASAP! :D

-ComradeOm's The de Lusignan Dream - Cyprus 1337. I also pointed out this AAR before, in the bAAR just as it opened and this tale started. It is a history book styled AAR about the de Lusignan re-conquest of the Holy Land. It is the author's first work on these boards, but it is one of the best written ones I've seen, truly a joy to read.

-GBIT's The Children of the Nile - A Fatimid AAR. As the title says, this is one of the rare (if not the only) CK-AARs from the Muslim perspective. It is also a well written history book, which has sadly been cut short by disk drive problems. Still, what was written is a nice read, and I urge you to check it out.

I'd also like to remind everyone of the Guess -the-Author thread. The next round is about to start and more writers are needed to fill the available slots. And then I'd like to urge all the fans on this board to offer comments on the stories and help the writers improve their craft.

Uh.. another long post from me. It is finally time to pass this on. This fan has never received this award before, which I found somewhat shocking as I checked out the list some time ago. Although not as prone to spamming people's threads as I am, he is always there to offer encouragment to new writAARs, something that certainly meant a lot to me as I started my own work. He should also be recognized for the help he offers in the CK general area and its public beta forums. This weeks Fan of The Week is:

Veldmaarschalk

Congrats! :)

Hey, congrats Veld. I still remember you being the first to comment when I started to write and encouraged me to go on. A truly great fan we have here!

And, a little nitpick Shuma, it isn't based on a game at all. I look up the names from the name list and the ages of the main characters from a game played up to 1082. That's it.

Yet another readAAR. Thank you sir, and congrats! :)

Congrats, Veld! Long time coming (too long) and so completely deserved! I was surprised to see this is only your first nod for this. :eek:

Thanks for being a great fan and may the winds continue to blow. :)

Holy Peperna. I was about to say this must be your third or fourth run as FotW. How'd we miss you for so long!?

Congrats Veld!!

Congratulations, Veldmaarschalk! I see your name all over the boards. Well earned.

Vann

Congrats Veldmaarschalk on your award