• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
And the fame just keeps on growing.. Congratulations PrawnStar!

Hello all,

My thanks to the Chief for the honour - that he makes me fan of the week is something that makes me smile since he's consistently commented at length and with insight into my AARs. I'm sure this award should be going the other way :)

I'm going to nominate one of our newer, quieter members but someone who's been putting forward insightful and interesting comments all through my AAR - Barsoom

Congratulations Barsoom, nice choice IMO!

Thank you, all,

This is an unexpected honor. I'm flattered to be picked by you, PrawnStar, and endorsed by you, Malurous. Of course I've pretty much only posted in your AARs (excepting a compliment here and there). As a newcomer to AARland and an impatient person by nature, I've spent most of my time catching up on completed AARs, where I've restrained my urge to give praise in order to prevent thread resurrection. I'll do my best to earn my title ex post facto - and select a nominee - by reading some more current ones.

I'll take the opportunity to give thanks to the authors of some very enjoyable AARs that I've mostly not had the chance to comment on before.

Did I say impatience? I mean impatience as in "next update, please"; I do have the kind of patience to sit down for a long read. Love them, in fact. As a reader of literature, I like thick, complicated novels that teach me something I didn't know (say, Neal Stephenson) or make me laugh (say, Neal Stephenson). As a reader of AARs, my tastes are pretty much the same. So gameplay and comedy AARs, particularly very, very long ones. Malurous' 70 pages of Children of the Sun is a good start, with a promise of more to come. I don't think PrawnStar has been accused of making his AARs too short either (I caught up on his old ones before daring to comment on the new one). Fyregecko is well on his way to a veritable epic. Nothing beats a succession AAR for length, so I'd like to also give thanks (outside of this forum, unfortunately) to Wiz's Hohenzollern, Fintilgin's Jerusalem and enlightenedbum's rotating-chair Carolingians. One day I'll learn to mod sufficiently to do a succession game myself.

CK2 is too new to have given rise to really long AARs, but it is my favorite current game and in any case two CK2 AARs deserve mention. Naggy's Parmesan Cheese is wonderful - update, please. Please? And Werewhale's Saltborn made me a laugh out loud more frequently than anything since I first read Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. You know you can always find a way to turn a single novel into a trilogy into a quadrology. A feat equalled in AARland only by morningSIDEr's resurrection of Caesar Stuart.

Thanks, all.

Congratulations Barsoom!

*Throws a stick at Enewald.*

My nomination for fan of the week will have to dragonizer. Having promised to read current AARs to earn my title, I've indeed spent a bit of time on the forum and I've been struck by the number of threads he left his mark on. dragonizer is a prolific reader whose comments are usually short, to the point and complimentary.

don't know what to say. Have been reading AAR's since 2007. never had internet at home till 3 months ago, To reg. games.
Just trying to do my part to help with games I love.:laugh:
Thank You Barsoom this is an honor I never expected.

Well done dragonizer, you've been active for such a short time but you've still managed to post some of the more memorable comments in my AARs, and of course you're very visible elsewhere as well. Keep up the good work, you're doing your part very well. :)

Well deserved congrats, dragonizer! With the rate at which you comment on AARs it was only a matter of time until you received this award.