• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Nice choice. Congratulations, Duke of Wellington!

Congrats, Duke! Well deserved, of course.

Congratz Duke! :)

Congratulations, Duke of Wellington!

Thank you for the award naggy! It is quite an honour to receive this again after such a long break. I do feel though I haven't done enough to deserve this award given that the time constraints that come with leaving university and getting a job have left me with precious few moments to actually read AARs as much as I want to.

For those of you who don't know my reading habits, I tend to check out AARs primarily from the EU series of games. This is the period of history that interests me most and the games that I'm most familiar with. I tend to enjoy gameplay and history book AARs most of all although the odd narrative does draw me in from time to time. Comedy is always a bonus, but an element I sometimes feel isn't used enough throughout AARland. Don't get me wrong, it's certainly out there but I wouldn't complain if a few more AARs were started with comedy as the main motivation.

So what AARs am I actually reading right now? I'm following quite a few but I'll name by top three here in no particular order.

naggy's Monopoly - a Hansa AAR is always an interesting gameplay AAR. Well written, concise, witty and naggy is quite the expert at EUIII so I'm constantly learning new tactics.

CatKnight's Beyond Tannenberg III: The Last Crusade comes highly recommended. Playing as the Teutonic Knight's CatKnight weaves a highly plausible and in depth, yet readable, history book AAR centred on the knight's struggles to convert, conquer and just plain survive.

Last but not least, Storey's Venice against the Ottomans is a great gameplay AAR that, surprise, surprise fetures Venice fighting the Ottomans (and most of Europe) very frequently. Highly recommended for those who like an AAR that is amusing, clear, frequently updated and easy to follow.

Congratulations, Duke of Wellington.

Thanks for the recommendations! It's always nice to know what others are following and what they think is a good read (especially the fans of the week who by nature are more voracious readers than the rest of us)!

So after a week it is time to hand this on once again. As always not an easy choice with so many great fans out there. However it has to be one so the award this week goes to a first time winner.

None other than -
kaiser_wilhelm.jpg
muffin.jpg

Congratulations KaiserMuffin!

I'm in almighty shock. I shall do my best to choose the one who follows in my footsteps wisely, whilst trying to live up to Duke of Wellington's magnificent precedent!

The AAR's I'm currently reading... number around 10 at any one time, so I shall simply save you from reading through my subscriptions list and simply read around. You'll know the ones I like, - I can't shut up about them.

Congratz, KaiserMuffin! :)

Nothing better than autocratic baked goods. Congratulations, KaiserMuffin.