• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Congratulations Eber! :)

Congratulations Eber!

Thank you very much, comagoosie! And thank you to everyone else for the congratulations. The speech you made, comagoosie was very heart warming and I appreciate it.

There are so many great AARs on this wonderful forum, that it can become very tedious to choose which ones you will be willing to take your personal time to read and enjoy. Occasionally, you are completely unaware of a great AAR until you either see the amount of dedicated fans it may have, or accidentaly read a post that praises the AAR's accomplishments. I like to think that if a reader reads my comments on a particular AAR, they may be enticed to give the AAR a try.

On Vann the Red's request, I will list a few AARs that I have been reading and have completely been satisfied in every way during the delightful and often times surprising journey of reading.

In no particular order:

1) Regnum Iudaeorum - The Lost Ten Tribes Of Israel by crusaderknight - A truly spectacular tale of the Hebrew people during the age of the Roman Empire. Read about Jehu, the leader of the Hebrews as they try to find their place in a world that seems to only want to persecute and wipe out their people. A great historical account of the Hebrew people and a wonderful tale wrapped into one AAR.
2) For Rome's Honor by comagoosie - What can I say about this writer? He is young but his words speak diligence, maturity and experience that only a writer that has seen many years could do. This AAR is a delight to read especially if the Roman Empire tickles your fancy. This AAR is a must read in AARland.
3) Timelines: What if Spain Failed to Control the World? by canonized - Everyone knows canonized through one avenue or another. His work in Timelines as well as the community is a shining light that demands applause and respect. His writing is top notch, and deserves every praiseworthy comment that he receives. His AAR is masterful in every way. Take the time to read this tale, for if you do not; you will be missing one of AARland's great talents at work with only his first AAR to hit the board. His future AARs will have a chip on their shoulders with the work he is giving us right now.
4) A Greater Netherlands - IN Brabant AAR by FYROM - This Brabant AAR is great fun to read. I thoroughly enjoy Brabant's march to greatness as FYROM gives us many screenshots and detailed accounts on his decisions. FYROM is a new writer in AARland, but he already has made his mark in this amazing community.

These four works are only a handful of AARs that I read, but are ones that I believe deserve the most praise for their dedication and spectacular accounts for their respective countries. Thank you again everyone!

Congratulations, Eber! I wanted to also apologize for not passing on the award a few weeks ago as was my responsibility. Suffice to say, things have been rough this past month but I regret not being able to participate in AARland during that time. Glad to see more great readers honored. :eek:o

Well done Eber, congratulations :)

I wanted to thank everyone again for their congratulations on winning the award.

I know I am a day early but right now my life is a bit hectic (moving into a new apartment) so I don't know when exactly I will be back on and I want to do this properly.

Anyway, the next Fan of the Week has been a member on this forum for some time and has always had constructive and interesting comments for many different writers in more then just one game. I like to consider him a respected member of the community.

I present to you:

Qorten​

Congratulations, Qorten! Step down and say a few words. :)

Congrats Qorten! :D

Congratulations :D

First of all I wish to thank Eber of course. It's really a tremendous honor, getting that first award, feels like getting drunk or be on dope! :D

Like Eber, I don't follow all/almost all AARs out there. I don't have as much time on my hands as comagoosie, Enewald or stnylan seem to have. Honestly, I don't get how they do it. Especially when the OT'ers come in and the "Server busy" message appears. I can only admire them for their dedication. I try to follow as much interesting AARs as I can, mostly in the EU3 forum, and a very few on the CK and Rome forum. Once the ACA's come up I visit the Victoria forum again (my eyes! ;) ) to decide my votes for that game. I never got into the HOI AARs though. That period doesn't interest me that much. No doubt there are gems out there that I will never read.

A few of the AARs I read and comment on:

Chronicles of the Golden Cross (CK), by AlexanderPrimus, an outstanding CK narrative/history book AAR.
For Rome's Honor (Rome), by comagoosie, a fine representation of how Caesar's advance through Gaul might have been.
Opening the Papal AARchives (EU3), by Bingo Brett, an Alternative History of the Papal states that stays quite close to true history in some ways.
The Ebony Cross and the Sacred Eagle (EU3), by rcduggan, a history book AAR about the Teutonic Order, so very well written and developed, it's like reading a real history book.

So, thanks again to Eber and to everyone saying congrats here and most of all to those of you that comment!

Gratz Qorten!

And btw, it is best to comment aar during the middle of the day. :D
And commenting aars is not that hard if you don't have anything else to do. :p