• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
There's a nice meaty acceptance speech. :)

I can't say anything about writing or keeping up the LibrAARy, but as far as your comments on commenting (hmm - that could've been phrased nicer), I largely agree. I'm sure that any writer would prefer a monosyllabic blurb (Dan Cook's 'More! :D' comes to mind) to the dead vacuum of no response at all, but beyond than that, it seems reasonable to expect a reader to put in a little effort and some words as to why s/he liked the update.

So, even though you berate yourself for not following as many AARs as stnylan (but that's like saying you can't run as fast as Husayn Bolt), you clearly know how to support your favorite authors. That's what this award is about and you clearly deserve it. :)

I always try to comment more than 'good update' unless of course I miss the update would it be too unnoticeable. :(

I always read what people write. It's about understanding what they write and what they want you to understand between the lines.

You guys really think I try to comment in every AAR on these forums? :rofl:
I only comment the best ones I think deserve my comment. :cool:

Congratulations Robou!

Well done , robou ! Always a welcome guest in any AAR :D

Ok, time to pass it on. I won't beat around the bush. This man might not comment on everything, but looking at my AAR he has proved loyalty as a reader. Despite long periods of absence from the entire forums, he always endeavours to catch up on CAF from whatever his position. Last time he had to read through over 1/2 the AAR to do so. So, many congratulations:

English Patriot​

First pat on the back is here :)

Congrats EP! A great writAAR and a great readAAR too!

Congratulations, EP!

very well done old bean ! A great fan definitely !

Well, this is certainly unexpected, and I have to pass thanks to Robou for deeming me worthy of the honour. And, indeed it is a very great honour, for on reflection, as a WritAAR in AARland, I am always very happy to have fans of my own, but also, as a fan of the many excellent works contained within, I am always very happy to try and pass on the same feeling I get when someone comments on my AAR. But also, I get a great deal of enjoyment out of being a fan, it is one thing being able to read AARs, but it is another to be able to talk directly with the author. How many of us, when watching a film or reading a book, have wanted to scream at the characters, 'Don't go in there!'? Reading and commenting, and striking up real dialogue with the WritAARs is something very rewarding indeed for both fans and WritAARs. The ability to chat, influence and even become apart of people's AARs is something very enjoyable indeed. I've had a few cameo's in canonized's Timelines, and I know capibara did an excellent job with it in his Italy AAR. Interactive AARs also give fantastic scope for fan-writAAR interaction, and I'd always love to be a part of these more if I had the time to spare.

But alas, time is never on my side. Canonized and I often say when writing our own updates 'So many things, so little time'. I do try and keep up with the AARs that I read, sometimes it's a struggle for sure, I've fallen behind on a few, but when time allows, it's never an effort to catch up, there are so many absorbing stories here in AARland I honestly wish I could spare the time to just sit and read. So, in short, what little reading and commenting I can do, is utterly deserved. It would be a crime not to read what I can in AARland, and although I can't always give the most meaningful comments, I know how rewarding it can be even to see someone say 'Subscribed'

So what are the highlights of my modest reading list?

Well, for narrative, I always check out Timelines in EU3, Rome AARisen in CK, Crossfires and Weltkriegschaft in HOI2, and the Golden Nation in Vicky for History, I go for Carefully Applied Force in Vicky, From Rus to Russia in EU3 and for comedy, always The Adventures of the Crovan Clan 2 in EU3.

I can heartily recommend these AARs, and likely any you'd pop into across AARland

So once again, thank you for the honour, and thanks for writing such compelling AARs!

Well done English Patriot, congratulations :)

Congratulations

It's a tough job, finding fans that are prolific enough that warrant the Fan of the Week, and finding fans that aren't so prolific that they haven't recieved it countless times (nod to Coma & Enewald :D), but I believe I've found someone that I'd certainly consider Fan of the Week.

I'd like to pass it on to Kampf_Machen, who from what I have seen, certainly makes an effort to find and read AARs, and is always happy to comment and take a part in each AAR's community.

So, Congratulations Kampf_Machen, thanks for being a fan :)