• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Well done, Congratulations Farquharson :)

Well thankyou jwolf for this honour which I'm sure I don't deserve in the slightest! Alas, it has been conferred upon me the very week I have lost my Internet connection at home, so I certainly don't feel like the forum's "Fan of the Week" this week! :wacko: Anyway, I'm afraid this is just a very brief post from work - I will compose a slightly longer one at home tonight and post it tomorrow along with my nomination for next week's Fan of the Week.

Well, I didn't get time to compose the afore-mentioned epistle at home, so this is just another quickie from work. First, thanks to all for messages of congratulations, but more particularly thanks to all those writAARs whose work I have enjoyed over the last couple of years. I don't have time to make a list of my favourite AARs, alas, so I will mention just one name, that of Paranoid Tsar whose offerings have regularly brought tears to my eyes as I double up with laughter. It will be no surprise that I tend to like humorous AARs best, but I have also greatly appreciated a number that have been more of the game-play instruction variety. I have learned a huge amount (as have many of us I'm sure) simply by reading about what others have done, and what yet others have said about it. So - thank you all!

And now for my nomination for this week's Fan of the Week. And the lucky winner is... someone who has always been a regular poster in my own AARs as in many others that I have read, founder member of the AARA, a man whose addiction to AAR-reading drives him to recklessly put his job at stake by clandestinely perusing the forum while at work, ladies and gentlemen I give you...

Draco "Reckless" Rexus!

* Deafening applause *

EDIT: I have just realized that DR was awarded this title back in August 2004 but since others have been nominated more than once I will stick with my decision - congratulations Mr Rexus!

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Hey, once a fan, always a fan. A Draco Rexus certainly fits that bill. Doubling up on the acknowledgement is just icing on the cake. A certainly deserved nod! Congrats Draco! :D

Congrats, Draco! A Fan of the Week must get a proper Fan; I hope you like this one;

GardenofEden-Fan.jpg

Congratulations Draco it is certainly deserved. Good work :D

Draco says:

Draco_with_bookbag.sized.jpg

"If you don't update your AAR, then you may be on the recieving end of an Avada Kedavra. Understand?"

Well, I can only say that I am overcome and humbled.

You gotta love a place that points you out and says something nice just 'cause you like to read and get away from it all (also known as getting away from the dull tedium of work! :p ).

I must thank Farq for his thoughtful nomination, as well as everyone else. Especially Yogi for that wonderful... ah, fan of nature ;) . To bad it won't fit in my office cubicle. Although I can only imagine the looks I'd get from my boss (she who shall be known as Brumhilda) and my shrill co-workers (they who shall be known as the harpies). You know what? On second thought, I'm gonna try to get that fan in here. Thanks, Yogi! :rofl:

Okay, back to reality. Again, thanks one and all, it makes a guy feel all warm and fuzzy. :D

Besides saying that I'll find the next winner in a few days, anything else I should write? Are have a given a fair approximation of a Hollywierd idol?

Congratulations on a very well-deserved honor. I'm sure that, if this award sticks around long enough, you'll make the list again. :) C'mon, you can be our AARland Tom Hanks, cleaning up the Oscar-equivalent Fan of the Week awards time and time and time again... :p

See you around in some AAR thread soon. :)

Oh God. Draco's fan of the week again?

:sigh:

There goes the neighborhood.

:sigh:

:D Congrats Draco! You're definitely one of the greatest fans in AARland, even if it's just to get away from Brunhilda :)

"I want to take a moment," Pietr Van Rensselaer said, "to congratulate my good friend, Draco Rexus, for winning this week's Fan of the Week award! I have no doubt he's earned the award, for he's been a long time fan of mine, and also has given endless encouragement to my cousin, Rensslaer, who writes stories in this forum. But there's one more person who would like to make her appreciation known, personally." He stepped back so he could better be seen, and gestured to the front row. He grabbed the mike once more, said, "May I introduce Doctor Reinicke Herz, Professor of European History at the University of Denver!" then stepped away to add his applause to the cheering of the audience.

A tall, petite woman with her long, black hair in a pony tail bounded to the stage with energy, her hair bobbing all the way. "Draco," she said in a quick, cute voice tinged with a slight German accent. "I know that you are a particular fan of mine, and I wanted to thank you." She flashed a bright, winning smile at the embarrassed young honoree. She was enormously beautiful, which attracted a few whistles from young men in the crowd.

"As you know," she went on, "I hold a special place in my heart for anyone who is as interested in Prussian history as I am. And I know that you are, as evidenced by the many comments and questions you contribute in class."

"I want you to know that I've made another 'special guest appearance' in the AAR, and it's titled, 'Oh, It Herz Right There - A Live Guest Massage'. It's just been posted, and I've dedicated it in your honor! I hope you'll come on over and 'check out my site'... so to speak."

"Maybe we can go out for coffee some time, and we can leave the regular, mundane lesson plan behind." She winked at Draco, then left the mike to a roar of cheering, and returned to her seat.

Congratulations, Draco! :D

Renss

Last edited:
Congratulations Draco Rexus! ! ! :)

truly a deserving member of the double winners of this award 'club'! ! ! :cool:

Ah, yes, Draco has been a loyal reader through most (if not all, my memory of early times is more than a bit fuzzy) of "The Eternal City", despite my on again-off again updating style, with long breaks without warning. Now that is the sign of a good fan, and very encouraging.

It is that time again, friends, neighbors, readAARs and writAARs for the next Fan of the Week.

All I can say of this particular young rascal from Down Under (the land of 'roos, dingos, Bruce, and Fosters :D ) is that as a writAAR, I couldn't ask for a more loyal, energetic and thought provoking readAAR than my choice for the next Fan of the Week, the one and only:

therev

Step forward, and take a bow! :)

Therev! Or is it "There the Fifth"? :)

Congratulations! I've seen you around some of the same AARs I read.

Dingos? I used to have a pair of dingos... 'course those were boots. As I recall, they didn't nip at my heels.

Rensslaer