+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 343 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 27 52 77 102 ... LastLast

Thread: Fan of the Week: red_KLG

The Fuehrer of the Dance Mettermrck's Avatar
    HoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the Americas
    Darkest HourDeus VultDiplomacyEast India CompanyEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryGalactic AssaultHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineIron CrossThe Kings CrusadeLost Empire - ImmortalsMagicka
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiVictoria 2
    Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword

Congratulations, Farquh!

476 was just the beginning...
    The Eagles of Avalon - An EU2 AAR

War in Mexico, the Three Terms of President Lindbergh, and a Red Europe
    The United States: 'Advantages without Obligations' - A HOI AAR
    (completed) pdf - now with epilogue!

200k clubHoI AnthologyEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiRome: Vae VictisEU Rome Collectors Edition
    EU3 Collectors Edition500k club

Well done, Congratulations Farquharson
    EUIII AAR: The lilies of France
    Awarded Best Character Writer of the Week 25. Feb 2007
    Awarded WritAAR of the Week 22. April 2007

HoI2 AAR: Enig og tro til Dovre faller – A Norwegian AAR
    Awarded WritAAR of the Week 25. Sept 2005
    Awarded Weekly AAR Showcase 25. Jan 2006
    Awarded Fan of the Week 26. March 2006, 7. October 2007 and 10. November 2008
    Boer War AAR: Joe’s War- a Boer War AAR

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: Rome

Well thankyou jwolf for this honour which I'm sure I don't deserve in the slightest! Alas, it has been conferred upon me the very week I have lost my Internet connection at home, so I certainly don't feel like the forum's "Fan of the Week" this week! Anyway, I'm afraid this is just a very brief post from work - I will compose a slightly longer one at home tonight and post it tomorrow along with my nomination for next week's Fan of the Week.
    Fide et Fortitudine
    Currently writing a CK AAR: The Hidden Cross - a tale of the Byzantine Empire and the Bryennios Dynasty

My Inkwell - links to all 20 Farquharson AARs

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Europa Universalis: Rome

S. Latitude 47° 9′, W. Longitude 126° 43′
    Blog Entries
    Congrats, Farquharson.
    The Rodina and the Shackles of Humanity - A Soviet HOI3 AAR

"The Italians have a saying, Lemon, 'Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.' And, although they've never won a war or mass-produced a decent car, in this area they are correct." - Jack in 30 Rock

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: Rome

Well, I didn't get time to compose the afore-mentioned epistle at home, so this is just another quickie from work. First, thanks to all for messages of congratulations, but more particularly thanks to all those writAARs whose work I have enjoyed over the last couple of years. I don't have time to make a list of my favourite AARs, alas, so I will mention just one name, that of Paranoid Tsar whose offerings have regularly brought tears to my eyes as I double up with laughter. It will be no surprise that I tend to like humorous AARs best, but I have also greatly appreciated a number that have been more of the game-play instruction variety. I have learned a huge amount (as have many of us I'm sure) simply by reading about what others have done, and what yet others have said about it. So - thank you all!

And now for my nomination for this week's Fan of the Week. And the lucky winner is... someone who has always been a regular poster in my own AARs as in many others that I have read, founder member of the AARA, a man whose addiction to AAR-reading drives him to recklessly put his job at stake by clandestinely perusing the forum while at work, ladies and gentlemen I give you...

Draco "Reckless" Rexus!

* Deafening applause *

EDIT: I have just realized that DR was awarded this title back in August 2004 but since others have been nominated more than once I will stick with my decision - congratulations Mr Rexus!
    Last edited by Farquharson; 24-01-2006 at 12:10.
    Fide et Fortitudine
    Currently writing a CK AAR: The Hidden Cross - a tale of the Byzantine Empire and the Bryennios Dynasty

My Inkwell - links to all 20 Farquharson AARs

200k clubCrusader Kings IIDeus VultFor The GloryEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    Hey, once a fan, always a fan. A Draco Rexus certainly fits that bill. Doubling up on the acknowledgement is just icing on the cake. A certainly deserved nod! Congrats Draco!
    Northumberland Lives - new AAR for EUIV

And check out the Guess the Author thread - back and active!

The fAARq & Forum Rules
    Find all my AARs listed in The Ink Well

Visit my blog at Hear the Hurd

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDiplomacyEuropa Universalis 3
    Hearts of Iron IIIEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband

Blog Entries
    Congrats, Draco! A Fan of the Week must get a proper Fan; I hope you like this one;

4x WritAAR of the week, Best Character Writer of the Week (for Fu Manchu), June 28th 2006
    Where the Iron Crosses grow (Completed) PDF OscAAR for Best Completed HOI AAR
    Master Plan of Fu Manchu (Completed) PDF
    Empire of Fu Manchu (In progress) PDF x1 Weekly AAR Showcase, AARland Choice AwAARds;Fav.HOI1/2 AAR & Fav.HOI1/2 Narrative,Q2 2006 & Q3 2007
    The Eagle and the Lion (On hold) Golden Readers Choice HOI2 AwAARd, AARland Choice AwAARds-Favourite HOI1/2 AAR, 2005 Q4 and 2006 Q1
    Knights of the Western Empire (On Hold)
    The III Reich in World War III (In progress)

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition

Blog Entries
    Well done, Draco!

"The Italians have a saying, Lemon, 'Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.' And, although they've never won a war or mass-produced a decent car, in this area they are correct." - Jack in 30 Rock

200k clubHoI AnthologyEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiRome: Vae VictisEU Rome Collectors Edition
    EU3 Collectors Edition500k club

Congratulations Draco it is certainly deserved. Good work
    EUIII AAR: The lilies of France
    Awarded Best Character Writer of the Week 25. Feb 2007
    Awarded WritAAR of the Week 22. April 2007

HoI2 AAR: Enig og tro til Dovre faller – A Norwegian AAR
    Awarded WritAAR of the Week 25. Sept 2005
    Awarded Weekly AAR Showcase 25. Jan 2006
    Awarded Fan of the Week 26. March 2006, 7. October 2007 and 10. November 2008
    Boer War AAR: Joe’s War- a Boer War AAR

The Fuehrer of the Dance Mettermrck's Avatar
    HoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the Americas
    Darkest HourDeus VultDiplomacyEast India CompanyEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryGalactic AssaultHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineIron CrossThe Kings CrusadeLost Empire - ImmortalsMagicka
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiVictoria 2
    Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword

Way to go, Draco! Well deserved.

476 was just the beginning...
    The Eagles of Avalon - An EU2 AAR

War in Mexico, the Three Terms of President Lindbergh, and a Red Europe
    The United States: 'Advantages without Obligations' - A HOI AAR
    (completed) pdf - now with epilogue!

Would-be King of Dragons Draco Rexus's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne

Within spittin' distance of the Capital of the Free World
    Well, I can only say that I am overcome and humbled.

You gotta love a place that points you out and says something nice just 'cause you like to read and get away from it all (also known as getting away from the dull tedium of work! ).

I must thank Farq for his thoughtful nomination, as well as everyone else. Especially Yogi for that wonderful... ah, fan of nature . To bad it won't fit in my office cubicle. Although I can only imagine the looks I'd get from my boss (she who shall be known as Brumhilda) and my shrill co-workers (they who shall be known as the harpies). You know what? On second thought, I'm gonna try to get that fan in here. Thanks, Yogi!

Okay, back to reality. Again, thanks one and all, it makes a guy feel all warm and fuzzy.

Besides saying that I'll find the next winner in a few days, anything else I should write? Are have a given a fair approximation of a Hollywierd idol?
    Here... Here There Be Dragons!!
    Women, knights, arms, loves
    Courtesies, bold deeds I sing
    For King and Country - An evil Empire or a benevolent monarchy? You decide!
    Official Byzantine Courtier - as certified by Judas Maccabeus
    Glorification Of Saint Draco Rexus, Patron Of Britain And Dragons! - Thanks to asd21593

They say the best men are moulded out of faults And, for the most, become more better for being a little bad.
    Measure for Measure, Act 5, Scene 1
    Proud Member of the enlightened The Spendid Paradoxian Monarchist Group

200k clubAchtung PanzerHoI AnthologyCities in MotionCrusader Kings II
    Deus VultEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineLeviathan: WarshipsMagicka
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiThe Showdown Effect
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Warlock: Master of the ArcanePride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Congratulations on a very well-deserved honor. I'm sure that, if this award sticks around long enough, you'll make the list again. C'mon, you can be our AARland Tom Hanks, cleaning up the Oscar-equivalent Fan of the Week awards time and time and time again...

See you around in some AAR thread soon.

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus Vult
    DiplomacyDungeonlandEuropa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For The GloryHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineLegio
    Leviathan: WarshipsMagickaMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: Rome
    SengokuSword of the StarsThe Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneWar of the Roses
    Pride of NationsCK2: Holy KnightEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Oh God. Draco's fan of the week again?

:sigh:

There goes the neighborhood.

:sigh:

Congrats Draco! You're definitely one of the greatest fans in AARland, even if it's just to get away from Brunhilda
    Active:
    Random World Order(EU4, Random)

Past:
    Beyond Tannenberg IV: The More Things Change(EU4, Teutonic Order, COMPLETE (Defeated))
    Beyond Tannenberg III: The Last Crusade (EU3, Teutonic Order, COMPLETE (Corrupt Save))
    Resurrection: Rebirth of the United States COMPLETED!
    CatKnight's Inkwell

Crusader Kings IIHearts of Iron IIIEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Victoria 2Rome: Vae Victis

"I want to take a moment," Pietr Van Rensselaer said, "to congratulate my good friend, Draco Rexus, for winning this week's Fan of the Week award! I have no doubt he's earned the award, for he's been a long time fan of mine, and also has given endless encouragement to my cousin, Rensslaer, who writes stories in this forum. But there's one more person who would like to make her appreciation known, personally." He stepped back so he could better be seen, and gestured to the front row. He grabbed the mike once more, said, "May I introduce Doctor Reinicke Herz, Professor of European History at the University of Denver!" then stepped away to add his applause to the cheering of the audience.

A tall, petite woman with her long, black hair in a pony tail bounded to the stage with energy, her hair bobbing all the way. "Draco," she said in a quick, cute voice tinged with a slight German accent. "I know that you are a particular fan of mine, and I wanted to thank you." She flashed a bright, winning smile at the embarrassed young honoree. She was enormously beautiful, which attracted a few whistles from young men in the crowd.

"As you know," she went on, "I hold a special place in my heart for anyone who is as interested in Prussian history as I am. And I know that you are, as evidenced by the many comments and questions you contribute in class."

"I want you to know that I've made another 'special guest appearance' in the AAR, and it's titled, 'Oh, It Herz Right There - A Live Guest Massage'. It's just been posted, and I've dedicated it in your honor! I hope you'll come on over and 'check out my site'... so to speak."

"Maybe we can go out for coffee some time, and we can leave the regular, mundane lesson plan behind." She winked at Draco, then left the mike to a roar of cheering, and returned to her seat.

Congratulations, Draco!

Renss
    Last edited by Rensslaer; 26-01-2006 at 07:59.
    Serenity - (V2 v1.3) - An isolationist Japan tries to stay out of everybody's way (Updated July '13)
    Kriegsgefahr (Impending War) - (HOI3/SF/HPP) - Germany attempts to remain at peace! (Updated Apr '13)
    Locarno - Italy vs. Germany (HOI3/SF/HPP) - What if Mussolini stood with France against Hitler?
    The Die is Cast (Roman Civil War) - Caesar will make a name for himself! (Updated June '12)
    Império Novo - An Axis Portugal AAR for HOI 3 (Updated May '13)
    Fire Warms the Northern Lands - A Prussian Victoria 1 AAR (Awarded the VictAARian Cross for Jan-Jun 2006)
    Castles In the Sky (Vicky 1) * Sforza!!! - A Milan AAR (EU III) (Updated May '13) * I Am Siam (V2 Minor) (tied for Silver VictAARian Cross for Best AAR completed in 2011) * A Long Time Ago... (HOI 1 Argentina)* Check Rensslaer's Inkwell! (list of online writings)

Congratulations Draco Rexus! ! !

truly a deserving member of the double winners of this award 'club'! ! !
    B an 0:-), make someone happy, :-) GhostWriter :-)

"Freedom has many difficulties and democracy is not perfect, but we never had to put up a wall to keep our people in." . . . - John Fitzgerald Kennedy, Berlin, 1961

"Refusing to forgive is like drinking poison and expecting the other person to die." - not sure

thanks for the 6.10.10 update Valdemar ! ! : HOI1 *First Resistance* check it out ! !

HOI2 Cat War – Alternate USA AAR, By Amona ; discover this now ! !

Alien Space Bat Judas Maccabeus's Avatar
    200k clubDeus VultEU3 CompleteHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Majesty 2Victoria: RevolutionsRome GoldVictoria 2Mount & Blade: Warband

Ah, yes, Draco has been a loyal reader through most (if not all, my memory of early times is more than a bit fuzzy) of "The Eternal City", despite my on again-off again updating style, with long breaks without warning. Now that is the sign of a good fan, and very encouraging.
    SHEEP ARE THE FUTURE

While Thou Shalt Flourish Great and Free (Saxon England, pt. 3) (Started 11 October 2010)
    Scenario progress: Base maps complete, pops and diplomacy in progress.

Would-be King of Dragons Draco Rexus's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne

Within spittin' distance of the Capital of the Free World
    It is that time again, friends, neighbors, readAARs and writAARs for the next Fan of the Week.

All I can say of this particular young rascal from Down Under (the land of 'roos, dingos, Bruce, and Fosters ) is that as a writAAR, I couldn't ask for a more loyal, energetic and thought provoking readAAR than my choice for the next Fan of the Week, the one and only:

therev

Step forward, and take a bow!
    Here... Here There Be Dragons!!
    Women, knights, arms, loves
    Courtesies, bold deeds I sing
    For King and Country - An evil Empire or a benevolent monarchy? You decide!
    Official Byzantine Courtier - as certified by Judas Maccabeus
    Glorification Of Saint Draco Rexus, Patron Of Britain And Dragons! - Thanks to asd21593

They say the best men are moulded out of faults And, for the most, become more better for being a little bad.
    Measure for Measure, Act 5, Scene 1
    Proud Member of the enlightened The Spendid Paradoxian Monarchist Group

Mombotian Marshal Oranje Verzet's Avatar

Moving around till I find a nice place to rest my feet
    congrats Ozzie!

Crusader Kings IIHearts of Iron IIIEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Victoria 2Rome: Vae Victis

Therev! Or is it "There the Fifth"? :-)

Congratulations! I've seen you around some of the same AARs I read.

Dingos? I used to have a pair of dingos... 'course those were boots. As I recall, they didn't nip at my heels.

Rensslaer
    Serenity - (V2 v1.3) - An isolationist Japan tries to stay out of everybody's way (Updated July '13)
    Kriegsgefahr (Impending War) - (HOI3/SF/HPP) - Germany attempts to remain at peace! (Updated Apr '13)
    Locarno - Italy vs. Germany (HOI3/SF/HPP) - What if Mussolini stood with France against Hitler?
    The Die is Cast (Roman Civil War) - Caesar will make a name for himself! (Updated June '12)
    Império Novo - An Axis Portugal AAR for HOI 3 (Updated May '13)
    Fire Warms the Northern Lands - A Prussian Victoria 1 AAR (Awarded the VictAARian Cross for Jan-Jun 2006)
    Castles In the Sky (Vicky 1) * Sforza!!! - A Milan AAR (EU III) (Updated May '13) * I Am Siam (V2 Minor) (tied for Silver VictAARian Cross for Best AAR completed in 2011) * A Long Time Ago... (HOI 1 Argentina)* Check Rensslaer's Inkwell! (list of online writings)

Blog Entries
    Congrats, Therev.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 343 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 27 52 77 102 ... LastLast