+ Reply to Thread
Page 102 of 350 FirstFirst ... 2 27 52 77 92 100 101 102 103 104 112 127 152 177 202 ... LastLast
Results 2,021 to 2,040 of 6993

Thread: Fan of the Week: DensleyBlair

Crusader for Fun and Profit Murmurandus's Avatar
    200k clubCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneMarch of the EaglesNaval War: Arctic CircleRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuSword of the StarsVictoria 2Mount & Blade: Warband500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

Meerhout, Flanders, Belgium - Born in Brugge;)
    Blog Entries
    What? Again?

Oh, well, congratulations... again... I guess... again...
    "May the Earth tremble with Beer... euh, Fear"

"Never change a winning avatar..."

"Si hoc legere scis, nimium eruditionis habes."

Ubisoft EUII 1.09 ~ Strategy First Victoria 1.04 ~ Paradox CK Deus Vult ~ Paradox HoI2 Doomsday ~ Paradox EUIII Complete ~ Paradox EU: Rome Gold

Currently being a loser in Hattrick as FC MMDS (316966) as you could read here .

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest Hour

Blog Entries
    Congratulation, canonized, and everyone before him.
    Hello there...

Blasted Conniving Roman General_BT's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: RomeVictoria 2CK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    A well deserved honor! I swear, I've seen canonized's comments pop up in more AARs than...

...something.

Metaphors and the English language have failed me again. Maybe I should return the language for a full refund, or trade it in for another one. I heard Polish is relatively bug-free...

I digress. Congratulations, and well done!
    Awards
    My AARs:
    The Good One - Rome AARisen, a Byzantine AAR (Third map epilogue, 5-02-2012!)
    Table of Contents
    The Funny One (In Theory): Vikan Vojislavljevic is a Fool (Dead)
    The HOI2 One (Dead): Two Alexanders: Greece in the Age of Conflict (HOI2-Doomsday)
    The Teenage Girl One: Dear Diary, by Helene Palialogos (NEW UPDATE 06-10-10!)

200k clubHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: Chronicles
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    March of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of Darkness500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The Republic
    Crusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: CharlemagneEUIV: Art of War

You might very well think that ; I couldn't possibly comment
    Huzzah ! Fan of the Week ! And no , not my tenth time =P I only had it once before ; silly mr. duggy ! But what can I say in this week of being fan of the week ?

Well first , a big thank you to TheExecuter for honouring me with this ! En Taro Adun ! Perhaps one of the reasons TheExecuter chose me for Fan of the Week was because I like to hang around his AAR (The Last Mission) . This was not some freak coincidence of fate ! In fact , when I first stumbled over there , there was no doubt in my mind that I should stick around and be a commentator . TheExecuter weaves a tail , despite his busy busy schedule , that grips you from the get go with lucid dream descriptions and an almost nostalgic recollection of a time gone by . But no , by no means is it "just another" AAR but in fact embraces a psychological drama that spans ideologies and geography with enough suspense to keep the spice and chemistry just right . TheExecuter's AAR is a well balanced work and I would highly recommend it to anyone out there who is looking for a narrative AAR that is neither mercenary in its treatment of the time period nor lacks the germane touch of such a time .

Second , just like any beauty queen asked what they'd like to do with their accomplishment , I'd like to say that I want to use this to encourage writers to read other AARs . And to do it with gusto .

I find that my system works well for me . That is , since I do a weekly interview segment , I basically read an AAR a week . (Most recently , I just finished reading trekaddict's amazing alternate history piece and this week will be finishing up DerKaiser's California AAR for this weekend) . Now , some people may definitely not have time for such a rigorous schedule . And trust me , it can be difficult at times (I had to read Mettermrck's Eagles of Avalon in a week and I tell you , that was both enjoyable and hard ; like mountain climbing !) but I think this system has advantages for these reasons:

A. It allows one to focus on one storyline at a time . That way , you don't lose too many memory elements from each as you read AARs
    B. It allows you to quickly catch up with an author's work . I think a lot of you out there will recognize that as an author , we sometimes have the weird privilege of having those readers who are *constantly* trying to catch up and we never hear any comments from them on a regular basis .
    C. It allows you to interact with the author immediately . After having read up on an author's work , not only do they feel edified , but you have a natural basis to comment regularly .
    D. It does not let any other author down since they know you are not currently reading their work and thus won't be hounding you to catch up .

I know that this system may not be applicable to everyone but I hope it gives some people an alternative on how to read AARs in AARland . I am not advocating tunnel vision ; in fact , as soon as you finish an AAR , while you keep up with it with that author's regular updates and comment (please please comment !) you should be finding another AAR project to read in the following week or so .

One more thing I'd like to urge all readers out there to do . COMMENT AS YOU GO ALONG ! At least for me , I enjoy such company and I'm sure many authors out there will love to see what new people think of previous chapters !

I'd also like to emphasize that it should be authors who are seeking comments of their own who should be taking the initiative to go out there and read . The population of AARland is growing and one might think that that limits the market size of people reading . Not at all because people seem to forget that authors should be readers too . Naturally no one is forcing you , but I think that's the beauty of AARland - to socialize and to be as much of a giver as a receiver .

And so lastly , in keeping with precedence of the award , I suppose a little about myself now that I've done my communal duty:

I'm a student (sophomore/junior depending on when those silly AP and IB grade reports finally finish transferring from my old uni) at Franciscan University of Steubenville in Ohio although I'm , by virtue of residence , just your average libertarian orange county boy . I am staunchly and proudly Roman Catholic (although I would really love to be Byzantine Catholic sometime ; too bad that takes a special permission from both my diocesan ordinary and the Byzantine one ; yech , red tape . There should be an EU-pass style thing for Rites) . Anyway , I'm an English Major concentrating in Western Lit . I haven't been on the forum long - just a few months over a year - and have been in AARland shorter ; February will be Timelines' anniversary (I hope to see you all there at the party !!! Avernite ForzaA and Grubnessul are bringing the booze they said . Go Hollanders !) . I started commenting on AARs and became an avid fan of AARs , ironically , after I started writing . I hadn't read any other AARs (except to browse briefly what kind of types of AARs there were out there) when I started writing and I wish if I could turn back time (and give myself more time back then) i'd read some immediately when I started writing . As it was , I didn't bother reading until certain kind folks (insert grayghost and warlord club plug here) came about and were so nice and receptive that I wanted to check out what they were writing as well . So it just goes to show you that commenting on other peoples' work will definitely help you out !

I'm a follower of Aquinas when it comes to his philosophy on comments . That is to say that although it is self-serving (apparently) to comment on other people's work (Aristotle's view of bettering the self) , Aquinas hints that it is through loving something greater than ourselves and leaving the self that we fulfill the self . Anyway , that's a tangent . I tend to ramble on .

So I hope you all have a good week . I'll be choosing the next Fan of the Week in the next few days as per the usual schedule !
    DANGEROUS LIAISONS
    The New Short AAR about Seduction , Manipulation , Intrigue , Mystery , and Revolution .
    -~= =~-
    T I M E L I N E S : What if Spain Failed to Control the World?
    Seventeen AARLand Choice Awards: Favourite Overall New WritAAR Q1 2007.
    Favourite Overall EU3 AAR: Q1 2007; Q2 2007; Q3 2007; Q4 2007; Q1 2008; Q2 2008; Q3 2008; Q4 2008
    Favourite Narrative EU3 AAR: Q1 2007; Q2 2007; Q3 2007; Q4 2007; Q1 2008; Q2 2008; Q3 2008; Q4 2008

Three Times WritAAR of the Week: 4 March 2007 13 May 2007 & 28 March 2008;
    Twice AAR Showcase: 9 Dec 2007, 14 Jun 2009; Twice Best Character Writer: 9 Dec 2007, 13 Sep 2008

Editor in Chief of The AARlander

EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Europa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    Dear God, depending on Dutchlanders for your booze...

Ubisoft EUII 1.09 ~ Strategy First Victoria 1.04 ~ Paradox CK Deus Vult ~ Paradox HoI2 Doomsday ~ Paradox EUIII Complete ~ Paradox EU: Rome Gold

Currently being a loser in Hattrick as FC MMDS (316966) as you could read here .

200k clubHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: Chronicles
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    March of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of Darkness500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The Republic
    Crusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: CharlemagneEUIV: Art of War

Quote Originally Posted by Murmurandus
    Dear God, depending on Dutchlanders for your booze...
    Haha , does my favourite Belgian have an alternative suggestion ?
    DANGEROUS LIAISONS
    The New Short AAR about Seduction , Manipulation , Intrigue , Mystery , and Revolution .
    -~= =~-
    Favourite Overall EU3 AAR: Q1 2007; Q2 2007; Q3 2007; Q4 2007; Q1 2008; Q2 2008; Q3 2008; Q4 2008
    Favourite Narrative EU3 AAR: Q1 2007; Q2 2007; Q3 2007; Q4 2007; Q1 2008; Q2 2008; Q3 2008; Q4 2008

Twice AAR Showcase: 9 Dec 2007, 14 Jun 2009; Twice Best Character Writer: 9 Dec 2007, 13 Sep 2008

Europa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by canonized
    Haha , does my favourite Belgian have an alternative suggestion ?
    Euh, NOT depending on the Dutchies? First of all, they're greedy and secondly they have lousy beer...

But anyway, enough stereotyping for the day...

I'm actually looking forward to your nomination, canonized...

Paradox QA Paradox Dev Team ForzaA's Avatar
    200k club500k club

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Murmurandus
    Euh, NOT depending on the Dutchies? First of all, they're greedy and secondly they have lousy beer...

But anyway, enough stereotyping for the day...

I'm actually looking forward to your nomination, canonized...
    ...I think murmur is volunteering to bring a sample of Belgian beer...
    Error in war on error on line 1.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by ForzaA
    ...I think murmur is volunteering to bring a sample of Belgian beer...
    And waffles, definately some Belgian waffles too.

(btw, I never promised anything. I deny it all!)
    ICQ #331727773
    canonized on 11/08/2007

Overall Best WW player is Avernite with 7 wins overall (Dec 2006-sometime 2007)

jonti-h:No-one's perfect
    General Jac: Except Avernite , that's why I kill him every game

Jopi: I'll vote Avernite. He's a hard player to read, and therefore always dangerous.
    Avernite: Avernite is a very mean person because he always comes up with great ideas

Congratulations canonized ! !
    B an 0:-), make someone happy, :-) GhostWriter :-)

"Freedom has many difficulties and democracy is not perfect, but we never had to put up a wall to keep our people in." . . . - John Fitzgerald Kennedy, Berlin, 1961

"Refusing to forgive is like drinking poison and expecting the other person to die." - not sure

thanks for the 6.10.10 update Valdemar ! ! : HOI1 *First Resistance* check it out ! !

HOI2 Cat War – Alternate USA AAR, By Amona ; discover this now ! !

Pantomacatalasecesionanis ta

Blog Entries
    Thinking about something really original to write...

Mmmmmh...

Er.....

Congratulations?

No, already said...

Well, as soon as we (Peti, Ximenez and me) have some idea, we'll return...

...with our red garnments...

Oh come on, Cardinal!!!
    "Pequeño Padawan Kurtizacoal, por qué me has salido tan cabrón?" - me dijo mi Maestro.
    Palo Dixit: posible Anticristo, vacalentacialanonanista, Culé y Salido que provoca manifas por donde pasa.
    Palo Dixit redux: Escatológico bipolar

AARs en curso o acabados -Ongoing and finished HoI2 AARs-
    WritAAR of the Week:16-03-07/5-04-09/13-09-09/19-09-10/28-10-11 - Fan of the week 25-03-07/29-10-07/06-04-08/29-12-08/13-09-09 - Canonized 02-12-07 - Best Character WritAAR of the Week:03-04-09- Showcased 01-05-2010/10-12-2010 - Mi blog: Polvo de diamante (1) [Actualizado 18/11/2014]

Maharaja of Fenno-Scandia Ahura Mazda's Avatar
    Europa Universalis 3Hearts of Iron IIIEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions

I don't really have anything "original" to write either...

But the title IS well deserved!

200k clubCrusader Kings IIDeus VultFor The GloryEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    Nice going, canonized. Congrats!
    Northumberland Lives - new AAR for EUIV

And check out the Guess the Author thread - back and active!

The fAARq & Forum Rules
    Find all my AARs listed in The Ink Well

Visit my blog at Hear the Hurd

Now it's time to pass on the torch !

I'd like to say that it's been a wonderful week and I hope everyone has enjoyed it as well . I'd like to bestow the award on someone who has yet to win it to get some new blood in here . He has been a wonderful and constant force on my AAR and on many AARs out there . Today we shall honour Mr. Woodhouse aka English Patriot !

So why English Patriot ? Several reasons , really . One is that he's always ready with a comment whenever he's around (vacation time notwithstanding) . That's perhaps the cornerstone of any good fan . But it's not just that . Mr. Woodhouse , being an author himself , takes time out of his schedule to read a plethora of AARs and participates in them with cogent commentary . More than even this , one of the reasons why I thought English Patriot rose above the pack is because he has participated in my AAR as a guest author several times . Not only that , but he even went so far as to use elements of my AAR in his work (with my permission of course) which , to an author , is one of the highest forms of fandom . It is one thing to be a commentator and then another to be so involved with one of your subscriptions that you enter into its universe . I am flattered and humbled ! To that end , I think for this one who has yet to win this accolade , this is well deserved and I'm sure all of Mr. Woodhouse's friends will agree to this . Well done , old man ! You have always been a great friend and an inspiration . I hope we can continue our friendship far into the future .

It was a tough decision this round for me . There were many other great commentators and friends . Mijn Hollanders are still strong supporters now that we have ForzaA and Avernite tag teaming . comagoosie , one of our newcomers , even writes poetry and makes drawings for us ! RGB always a constant source of encouragement . Our Tempus buddies , naturally . But thank you all and special mention to all of you . I did not forget about any of you (yes yes , including you my good Murmurandus . You too are among these XD . Belgian Pride !) . Naturally grayghost and Grubnessul are up there but they had already won the award at least once before . I want you all to know that it is for fans like you that I am deeply moved and continue to write . I can only hope that your strength will add to mine as I move into these next few seasons . Timelines is only as strong as the will of its readers and so far you all have willed it to be a great time .

I want to reach out to the lurkers and especially those who are catching up . Please leave a comment ! Our community and friends are friendly and we would love to see what you think about past chapters . Good fight , Good night !
    DANGEROUS LIAISONS
    -~= =~-

Blog Entries
    Congrats EP! Well deserved.
    Current AAR's: The Manchurian Candidate...on hold.
    Founder and charter member of The Warlord Club
    Fan of the week 02/26/07 & 06/04/07
    WritAAR of the week 03/12/07
    Character Writer of the week 07/15/2007
    Favorite AAR HOI1/2 Q2 2007
    Favorite Narative AAR HOI1/2 Q2 2007
    I was canonized on 03/18/2007 & canonized again 07/15/2007
    Honorary Fellow in the Tempus Society

"Gold does not always get you good soldiers, but good soldiers can always get you gold." Machiavelli

200k clubHoI AnthologyEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiRome: Vae VictisEU Rome Collectors Edition
    EU3 Collectors Edition500k club

Well done English Patriot. Congratulations
    EUIII AAR: The lilies of France
    Awarded Best Character Writer of the Week 25. Feb 2007
    Awarded WritAAR of the Week 22. April 2007

HoI2 AAR: Enig og tro til Dovre faller – A Norwegian AAR
    Awarded WritAAR of the Week 25. Sept 2005
    Awarded Weekly AAR Showcase 25. Jan 2006
    Awarded Fan of the Week 26. March 2006, 7. October 2007 and 10. November 2008
    Boer War AAR: Joe’s War- a Boer War AAR

Stupid and without purpose Charle_88's Avatar

Congratulations English Patriot!
    "Good people drink good beer."
    - Hunter S Thompson

"In the begining the universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."
    - The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
    88 is my birth year. It has nothing to do with loud German politicians and sexy facial hair.

(Interim Avatar)
    Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome

congrats EP!
    The Ebony Cross and the Sacred Eagle (Ongoing)
    ---Favorite History-Book AAR, Eu3 (Q2 2008)
    ---Weekly AAR Showcase, 1/13/08
    Charter member of "The Warlord Club"

Awards:
    Fan of the Week: 3/4/07, 4/29/07, 6/18/07, 2/19/08, 4/11/08
    WritAAR of the Week: 5/20/07
    I was canonized! 4/21/07

My ink well thingy...

"Look behind you Mr Caesar !" Atlantic Friend's Avatar
    HoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyDiplomacyHearts of Iron IIISemper Fi
    Victoria 2

At my favorite pub, swirling AAR ideas around...
    Congratulations indeed, English Patriot !

Ordnung muß sein Supermoderator Veldmaarschalk's Avatar
    77 games registered

200k clubCrusader Kings IIV2 BetaCK2: Holy Knight500k club

Congratulations English Patriot

+ Reply to Thread