+ Reply to Thread
Page 160 of 346 FirstFirst ... 60 85 110 135 150 158 159 160 161 162 170 185 210 235 260 ... LastLast
Results 3,181 to 3,200 of 6915

Thread: Fan of the Week: DKM

200k clubHoI AnthologyCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis: Rome

Congratulations AP!
    Stand up, all victims of oppression,
    For the tyrants fear your might!
    Don't cling so hard to your possessions,
    For you have nothing if you have no rights!
    Let racist ignorance be ended,
    For respect makes the empires fall!
    Freedom is merely privilege extended,
    Unless enjoyed by one and all.

Romanorum Imperator Augustus asd21593's Avatar
    Europa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteVictoria: Revolutions

Congrats, Alfred Packer!
    My AAR Library
    -not writing at the moment-

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: Chronicles
    Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisRise of Prussia500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Blog Entries
    Imagine my surprise at being named fan of the week! (an honor I've never held before). My surprise mostly stemmed from the fact that I am a lousy commmentator. For example, I read rcduggan's HOI2 narrative on Tibet (the name escapes me at the moment) right up to the day it died, and loved it, and never told him so. Same with demokratickid's Ireland Awake! and Kurt Steiner's Book of Deeds (the latter still ongoing).

safferli's What if the Pope Had 200,000 men is also one of my all time favorites, and I think I could count the comments there on one hand. The same goes for Furor Normannicus, Thrones, Mongolia Calls the Captain Deng, The World is Not Enough, and some dozen others.

I just don't know how demokratickid, stnylan, pharlge and others can manage to write, read and comment in so many AARs...frankly, you all astound me and if you notice your page view go up by 1 after an update, well that might just be me!.

Bringing back the CK LibrAARy was actually kind of fun...I got to add in a few things I wanted to see (like a complete AAR list) and it was also a way to give back to a game and an AARLand that has given me so much pleasure. There are moments when I contemplate trying the same with HOI, now that CK is only going to require monthly updating. That is a bigger beast though, so who knows...

Anyway, I will enjoy my week in the sun and I will spend that time reading and enjoying your fantastic works.

Thanks AARLand!

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3

Congratulations, Alfred Packer!
    Return to Glory: A Germania AAR
    WritAAR of the week for the week of 6-10-07, Favorite New Writer Overall for Q2 2007, Best Character Writer of the Week 7-18-08

The Grand Duchy of Hesse-Darmstadt: A History

The Father of AARland Lord Durham's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae Victis

Congrats AP!
    Current AAR: The Sons of Ragnar Lodbrok: In the Shadow of the Great Old Ones

Follow the link to read The Pariah. For more Lovecraft style horror, try The Crane Horror and my Holmes/Lovecraft story The Case of the Galloway Eidolon. All are free to read in the Lovecraft eZine.

Available: The Saglek Incident in the anthology Sha'Daa: Pawns and Witiko in the anthology Bigfoot Terror Tales: Vol 1

Also: Plains of Hell in the anthology Lawyers in Hell & Colony in the anthology Rogues in Hell, continuing the HUGO award winning Heroes in Hell series, edited by Janet Morris

For a complete list of my AARs go to The Ink Well. Visit my Website for news, reviews and story excerpts.

Captain 10th S.C. SouthCarolinian's Avatar
    Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDarkest HourHearts of Iron III

congrats!!!

The All-American American Fizzzay Money's Avatar
    Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDiplomacyEU3 CompleteHearts of Iron IIIVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: Rome

Blog Entries
    congrats Alfred.
    I'm really sick of the megathreads

Cisár všetkých Slovákov demokratickid's Avatar
    Deus VultEuropa Universalis 3Hearts of Iron IIIVictoria 2Mount & Blade: Warband

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfred Packer View Post
    Same with demokratickid's Ireland Awake!
    Thanks! I never knew you liked it! Now, you're forced to comment! That's what being fan of the week does to you...
    Current AAR: Das Vereinigte Königreich von Mitteleuropa - Last Updated: October 19, 2011
    My illustrious Inkwell is right here for your enjoyment!
    AWARDED: Irish Shamrock Cookie by King_Richard_XI
    I'VE BEEN CANONIZED

Europa Universalis 3Hearts of Iron III500k club

Congratulations, Alfred Packer!

Vann
    "Don't hit if it can be honorably avoided, but never hit softly." --Theodore Roosevelt

Crusader Kings IIHearts of Iron IIIEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Victoria 2Rome: Vae Victis

Congrats Alfred Packer!

You know... As someone who comes from the land of Alfred Packer (the historical one), I am curious as to how you came by the name, and decided to take it upon yourself!

For those of you who don't know..... Hmm... Nope, I'll not bias Alfred's story! (no - don't look it up, let's wait to hear Alfred's take )

Rensslaer
    Serenity - (V2 v1.3) - An isolationist Japan tries to stay out of everybody's way (Updated July '13)
    Kriegsgefahr (Impending War) - (HOI3/SF/HPP) - Germany attempts to remain at peace! (Updated Apr '13)
    Locarno - Italy vs. Germany (HOI3/SF/HPP) - What if Mussolini stood with France against Hitler?
    The Die is Cast (Roman Civil War) - Caesar will make a name for himself! (Updated June '12)
    Império Novo - An Axis Portugal AAR for HOI 3 (Updated May '13)
    Fire Warms the Northern Lands - A Prussian Victoria 1 AAR (Awarded the VictAARian Cross for Jan-Jun 2006)
    Castles In the Sky (Vicky 1) * Sforza!!! - A Milan AAR (EU III) (Updated May '13) * I Am Siam (V2 Minor) (tied for Silver VictAARian Cross for Best AAR completed in 2011) * A Long Time Ago... (HOI 1 Argentina)* Check Rensslaer's Inkwell! (list of online writings)

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: Chronicles
    Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper Fi

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rensslaer View Post
    Congrats Alfred Packer!

You know... As someone who comes from the land of Alfred Packer (the historical one), I am curious as to how you came by the name, and decided to take it upon yourself!

For those of you who don't know..... Hmm... Nope, I'll not bias Alfred's story! (no - don't look it up, let's wait to hear Alfred's take )

Rensslaer
    Well, way back in 1999, I was registering for a message board and "jcovington" was taken. I had just read an amusing story about how in the late 1980's, Congressional Republicans introduced a measure to rename the Congressional Cafeteria "The Alferd Packer Memorial Lunch Room." (back in the good old days, when the two parties could make still make silly jokes at each other) So, I picked that for the username, speed fingered and transposed the e and the r and never really worried about it. I've used it ever since.

The Real Alferd Packer was convicted of cannibalism in the 1870s and was set to be executed only to have it commuted to life in prison on a technicality (apparantly, he ate the people when Colorado was only a territory and was caught when it was a state, which created some sort of jurisdictional questions).

Also, at his trial, the judge is reputed to have said "Damn you Packer, you Republican son of a bitch, there were six registered Democrats in this county and you ate five of them!"

Later, his life was made into a musical, which is insane, but quite funny. All in all, the real-life Alferd Packer has added such joy to my life - not just the real story of his life, but also the Congressional joke and the Trey Parker movie, that just typing the name into the logon screen brings me happiness.

(everything in quotes is paraphrased)

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCrusader Kings II
    Darkest HourDeus VultDungeonlandEast India Company CollectionEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III Collection
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneImpireEuropa Universalis III: In NomineIron Cross
    Leviathan: WarshipsThe Kings CrusadeMagickaMajesty II CollectionMarch of the Eagles
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuThe Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Rome: Vae VictisWarlock: Master of the ArcaneWar of the RosesEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

Wow, that's one of the best stories behind usernames I have heard/read on these forums!

Cisár všetkých Slovákov demokratickid's Avatar
    Deus VultEuropa Universalis 3Hearts of Iron IIIVictoria 2Mount & Blade: Warband

Blog Entries
    That's hilarious and midly disturbing, Alfred...
    Current AAR: Das Vereinigte Königreich von Mitteleuropa - Last Updated: October 19, 2011
    My illustrious Inkwell is right here for your enjoyment!
    AWARDED: Irish Shamrock Cookie by King_Richard_XI
    I'VE BEEN CANONIZED

Crusader for Fun and Profit Murmurandus's Avatar
    200k clubCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneMarch of the EaglesNaval War: Arctic CircleRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuSword of the StarsVictoria 2Mount & Blade: Warband500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

Meerhout, Flanders, Belgium - Born in Brugge;)
    Blog Entries
    Mildly disturbing???

Anyway, congrats...
    "May the Earth tremble with Beer... euh, Fear"

"Never change a winning avatar..."

"Si hoc legere scis, nimium eruditionis habes."

Ubisoft EUII 1.09 ~ Strategy First Victoria 1.04 ~ Paradox CK Deus Vult ~ Paradox HoI2 Doomsday ~ Paradox EUIII Complete ~ Paradox EU: Rome Gold

Currently being a loser in Hattrick as FC MMDS (316966) as you could read here .

Blog Entries
    Okay, since I've been on pretty sporadic the last couple of weeks, I am going to pass this off early rather than late and give the next winner a few bonus days in the Sun.

This is a tough one to choose a successor for. Many of the people I thought of first have already won this award (some, more than once! - which they deserved), so I decided to choose someone who, so far as I know, 1 - hasn't won before, 2 - exhibits great taste by (as far as I know) not actually reading anything I write.

I see him posting in other AARs I read, he has a cool user name, and he shows a real love of AARLand as a commentator, as a Librarian as as keeper of the ACA archive (which seems to be quite a lot of work)

I give you: The Swert!

200k clubHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: Chronicles
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    March of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of Darkness500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res Publica

You might very well think that ; I couldn't possibly comment
    Congratulations Swertsome Well deserved !
    DANGEROUS LIAISONS
    The New Short AAR about Seduction , Manipulation , Intrigue , Mystery , and Revolution .
    -~= =~-
    T I M E L I N E S : What if Spain Failed to Control the World?
    Seventeen AARLand Choice Awards: Favourite Overall New WritAAR Q1 2007.
    Favourite Overall EU3 AAR: Q1 2007; Q2 2007; Q3 2007; Q4 2007; Q1 2008; Q2 2008; Q3 2008; Q4 2008
    Favourite Narrative EU3 AAR: Q1 2007; Q2 2007; Q3 2007; Q4 2007; Q1 2008; Q2 2008; Q3 2008; Q4 2008

Three Times WritAAR of the Week: 4 March 2007 13 May 2007 & 28 March 2008;
    Twice AAR Showcase: 9 Dec 2007, 14 Jun 2009; Twice Best Character Writer: 9 Dec 2007, 13 Sep 2008

Editor in Chief of The AARlander

Detective Lt., Police Squad Eams's Avatar
    Arsenal of DemocracyDarkest HourEU3 CompleteHearts of Iron IIISemper Fi

Congratulations!
    "Taking over the world with the USSR isn't a mission... it's just a passtime." -blue emu

o=||==Official=Poet=Lauerate=of=Suenik==||=o

Proud recipient of one phargle-O==|======-

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCrusader Kings II
    Darkest HourDeus VultDungeonlandEast India Company CollectionEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III Collection
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneImpireEuropa Universalis III: In NomineIron Cross
    Leviathan: WarshipsThe Kings CrusadeMagickaMajesty II CollectionMarch of the Eagles
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuThe Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Rome: Vae VictisWarlock: Master of the ArcaneWar of the RosesEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

gratz swert!

200k clubCrusader Kings IIDeus VultFor The GloryEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    Congrats Swert!
    Northumberland Lives - new AAR for EUIV

And check out the Guess the Author thread - back and active!

The fAARq & Forum Rules
    Find all my AARs listed in The Ink Well

Visit my blog at Hear the Hurd

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings II
    Commander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus VultEast India Company CollectionEuropa Universalis 3EU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineLead and GoldThe Kings CrusadeMagicka
    Majesty 2March of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Semper FiSengokuSword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordRise of Prussia
    EU Rome Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    Congratulations!
    Faith in Humanity Meter - ||||||||||
    The Ink Well

Let's Play M&B Warband 1257AD!

+ Reply to Thread