• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Congratulations Naggy! Well done:)

Congratulations naggy! :)

Congratz! :)

Congratulations, naggy.

Congrats naggy! Great choice.

It's time to pass the torch to someone else. (Bring your own pitchfork...)

Alexspeed has done a great service to the AAR community by hosting an AAR contest for Victoria 2 with a prize of GamersGate coins, which has been backed by Paradox with another prize to the top AARs. Anything that gives the AAR community is a boost - his efforts have led to some new writers with fantastic AARs (such as Letters from an Unquiet August).

He definitely deserves to be commended by the community for his efforts in starting and moderating the contest!

Indeed he does! Fantastic choice Alex, and, while I'm sorry I can't support you as a judge, I can support you in half-serious PMs and in this post. :D Congrats on Naggy's most excellent choice, and rest assured, if anyone does the impeaching around here, it won't be me. ;)

It's time to pass the torch to someone else. (Bring your own pitchfork...)

Alexspeed has done a great service to the AAR community by hosting an AAR contest for Victoria 2 with a prize of GamersGate coins, which has been backed by Paradox with another prize to the top AARs. Anything that gives the AAR community is a boost - his efforts have led to some new writers with fantastic AARs (such as Letters from an Unquiet August).

He definitely deserves to be commended by the community for his efforts in starting and moderating the contest!

Prologue:

Alexspeed *polishes his pitchfork*
He looks up and seems alittle nervous.
Then he takes the torch from naggy.
Finally he smiles to the rest of the townsfolk, *the smile seems just alittle too wide*
with a little insane sparkle in the far corners of the eyes, that could make some aristocrats nervous.
He sets on to speak...

"When i was a small fellow on the turf of my landowner, i dreamt of finally receiving a thing like this!
Now that i am finally awarded and honored with it,
it warms me inside like if i would sit on my grandfathers fire again when i was that boy."

*pauses and sheds a small tear from the eye*
"Lets head out and burn some rich persons manison with it!"

"This is madness... this is awesome... NO! This is AARwesome!"

------------------------------------

Excuse this small interlude, it was the moment of excitment that inspired me :D

A big thanks to naggy for honoring me with this award!

I have to capture this small moment of glory that was bestowed upon me, to say some words.
I try to keep it brief... :)

First i have to thank Paradox, not only for this forum,
but mainly for the great games they make that kept me entertained since many jears.
This was also one of the reasons that inspired me to start my contest in the first place,
i wanted to give something back to the community that i am a part of for so long time.
I also wanted to promote my mod of course, and i wanted to do something good for the AARland,
because i allways enjoyed it since i joined some years ago.

So my second thanks go out to the community of writers and modders that make this place so great and fun!
To my shame i was never a huge commenter on AAR´s, but i hope thats forgotten after this contest,
i shall do my best to comment from now on whenever i have the time for it.

I dont remember exactly what the first AAR was that i read (it was a EU2 AAR, that much i know),
but i remember one that i can never forget.
Its surly not great literature, but its funny and not very long.
Give it a read, the EU2 AAR subforum welcomes any visitor! :)

Beware the White Blob! from Capt Janszoon

My third and last thanks go out to everyone who helped me with my contest,
either by participating as a writer or as a judge, or by commenting on them.
My dear friends, this wouldnt have happened without your time and inspiration
and neverending effort to bring life to this forum!

Keep it up writers & readers! I want to see more of your stories & comments!
Its YOUR place, make something out of it! Share your stories and your wisdom!

I wrote in the first post of my contest posting, that i dont had the time to write a AAR,
and therefore i organise that contest... lets just say i was alittlebit wrong with my assumption... :D
The time i spent on organising this contest would have been enough to write atleast one AAR, if not more.

So who knows, maybe i will find the courage and time to actually write an AAR too sometime?
I hope when the time comes you all will be there to read it :)

I am truly excited and i cant wait to see who will win my contest in the end,
but now i won myself something that i will allways keep in my heart. *awwww* :D

Thank you!

*bows and leaves the stage*

------------------------------------

Epilogue:

As you may have realized by now, keeping it brief isnt a strength of mine...
But i gurantee you i tried! :D

Last edited:
Indeed he does! Fantastic choice Alex, and, while I'm sorry I can't support you as a judge, I can support you in half-serious PMs and in this post. :D Congrats on Naggy's most excellent choice, and rest assured, if anyone does the impeaching around here, it won't be me. ;)

Thank you Richard my friend, its good to have you here, for the fun alone :)

Many well deserved congrats, Alexspeed!

Qorten, without your moderation this forum would shine less, so i thank you! :)

Congrats, Alexspeed!

Thank you, asd21593! :)

Congrats Alexspeed! And btw I cleaned up my inbox :p

Thank you Junuxx! I shall send the PM then again, lets see if i have more luck now :)

Congratulations Alexspeed!!!

Thank you, soulking! Did you made more than one exclamation mark intentionally there? :D

Congratulations. I wondered when you would win this, given the fact you've posted relentlessly in 21 aars for the contest.