• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
elbasto said:
So congratulations go to you GhostWirter, new fan of the week...(I.O.U. a fan picture).
i am almost speechless. i really don't see how you could choose me! after all, once should have been enough for a lifetime!

that said, many thanks! ! :cool:

oh, and don't worry about a fan. IIRC, i didn't find one to my satisfaction when i nominated my first replacement...

now, on to something important:

Rensslaer said:
Okay, the merging isn't working quite as we'd planned so...

Let's leave this thread here for another week or so..Then we'll have figured out how to do it.

I haven't seen enough feedback from the fans to see what you'd prefer -- a new thread or this one with mod intervention and a link back here to this one for reference....

first idea: could you be replaced as the first poster in this thread? my guess is that it can't be done.

my second idea was for this thread to be added after the first post in the new thread, but if i surmise correctly, that is what you are trying to do...

my third idea is for you to list all the winners in this thread in your first post in the new thread, and just go on from there...

oh, i am not sure what you mean by "mod intervention"... that said, i slightly prefer a new thread.

hmmm. after looking over your post, what do you mean by "this one with mod intervention and a link back here to this one for reference...."?

HAPPY NEW YEAR, ALL! :D

lastly, my (Dupuytren's Contracture) finger operation is scheduled at 10:00 am (EST) on Jan. 6.

i am almost speechless. i really don't see how you could choose me! after all, once should have been enough for a lifetime!

that said, many thanks! ! :cool:

oh, and don't worry about a fan. IIRC, i didn't find one to my satisfaction when i nominated my first replacement...

'Tis hardly another that could be called fan and have it mean as much!!! A true mentor to anyone wanting to know what the fan of the week is supposed to be!!! Congrats the second time around, sir. And I hope there will be many more fans to keep you cool in the future. :cool: Of that, I have little doubt!

Excellent choice, elbasto! GhostWriter is truly a great fan and an upstanding member of this community. :cool:

Excellent choice!

I know that I'm doing something well when my AAR gets a post from Ghostwriter! :D

Draco Rexus said:
I know that I'm doing something well when my AAR gets a post from Ghostwriter! :D
what i say in this message to you, DR, i say to all authAARs!

a post from me only means that i have seen your excellence! :) from what i have read, there are many many AARs that are truly awesome, but i just don't have time to read even as many as i have subscriptions to. ::sad::

anyway, it is time to pass on the fan. (i favor that the changes be made at the beginning of the weekend.) :cool:

our new Fan of the Week is

pic_11.JPG

OH, did i mention, Congratulations CatKnight! ! ! ! :D

you are truly an outstanding Fan of the Week! :D

Very well deserved. CatKnight's one of those guys who seems determined to make the whole of AARland a nicer place. He's always trying to get people more involved and he has attempted in several ways to get more writer appreciation going, the lifeblood of these boards (in particular with the Weekly Showcase).

I am very pleased to have his presence on the forum. Oh, and he has a nifty AAR going, too. :) Congratulations, CatKnight. And now it's time for me to actually catch up with your work...

Indeed! Indeed!

Catknight is an inspiration to us all! Not only a valued fan, but also a talented and engaging writAAR! Congratulations!!!

An astute choice, GhostWriter! Hey... There's not a helicopter somewhere that needs that "fan" you swiped, is there? :)

Rensslaer

I could not agree more. CatKnight is one of those that truly shows their love for this place by doing all he can to make it more enjoyable and accessable for old and new alike! I'm not sure how else to spell F-A-N! Congrats CatKnight! Very much deserved! :cool: :D

Much deserved. Congratulations Catknight, I've always appreciated your comments. :)

I still think you were too quick to dismiss the cow, Mettermrck. ;)

Thank you Ghostwriter! I have to agree with Renns though: Somewhere there's a helicopter that's going to want its rotor back...

...though on the other hand I'll put it to good use when summer comes!

Fans, Writaars, Paradoxians, Lend me your ears. (Or failing that your wallets.) I've come to praise..uhm...me...cuz...uhm..I can. :clears throat:

I strongly feel there's something special about AARland. Sometimes it's pretty well hidden, and sometimes even people who love Paradox's games don't quite get it, but in the spirit of the season I'll paraphrase a New York editor who once tackled the question of Santa Claus: Sometimes the most important and most 'real' things can't be seen or felt or touched. That doesn't mean it's not real.

Where else can you find such a dedicated group of writers on what's in point of fact a gaming forum? Most of the AARs out there go far beyond simply recounting game play: We tell stories. We rewrite history books. Sometimes we try to be funny, sometimes we're deadly serious, and sometimes we simply want the reader to think. Paradox deserves credit for creating games that so easily fire the imaginations of so many historians, but the real reason AARland prospers is the people: veterans with an incredible array of experience and tricks at their disposal, and newer writers who come out of nowhere with something that inspires.

Before I turn this into a massive speech (too late!) I want to say the reason I try to get involved in the AAR community is because you all inspire me, and I call many of you friend. My readers are the best, and without their insight I'd have stopped writing long ago. If I've payed them back by inspiring one writer with an idea, or another to keep going when they're ready to quit...then I think of it as a fair bargain.

Thanks for the fan, everyone!

Rensslaer said:
..There's not a helicopter somewhere that needs that "fan" you swiped, is there? :)
CatKnight said:
Somewhere there's a helicopter that's going to want its rotor back...

actually, that is a commercial fan! (i am guessing here: ) with a greater than 6 foot radius!

that said, DO NOT LOOK at the name of the company that made it! :D

Last edited:
BRAVO! I say, BRAVO! Much deserved, Cat! Well done, Ghost, you did good (as if there were ever any doubt, eh?)!!

Last call... Are there any objections to moving this Fan of the Week thing to a new thread, and linking back here to this thread as an older one?

Mettermrck? Catknight?

If so, Catknight, you should probably post your successor to the new thread, which means I should get it in shape tonight or tomorrow morning...

I'll leave all this up to you. If you're not ready we can wait until next time around.

Thanks!

Renss

Status
Not open for further replies.