• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm... It's getting kind of hot in here. Could we have a new fan? :D

Stroph1 said:
If we don't get a new fan pretty soon the heat will get to us!

;)

Right now it's 60 degrees outside. I can wait for awhile before we get a fan. :D

Someone needs to go play "capture the fan". :D

Rensslaer

Rensslaer cautiously mounts the dais and seizes the long-abandoned microphone, tapping it to see that it's on, and then addressing the inattentive gaggle of readAARs around the floor.

"Ahem. Hi folks! Well, since I hate to see a tradition die... And since no one has posted in this thread since my birthday... And that was me... And now I'm almost a year older!... I figure I've got license to pass this award on to the next fellow."

He paused, to collect himself. "Now, this thread is meant to honor our fans... Those people who post regularly and make it a real joy to be a writer in this writers' forum. Fans are the thing that really... well, that really keep the air flowing in this forum! Right?!"

"I am pretty sure most of you know the person I'd like to pass this award along to, because he's almost sure to post in any newcomer's thread. He welcomes folks to the forum. He gives advice to anyone who asks, and to quite a few people who don't, but who need and benefit from the advice. He makes regular rounds through dozens of AARs. And he's been a friend to most all of us. And he really keeps things moving around here, taking responsibility for this and that... whatever seems to need doing."

Rensslaer fusses, self-conscriously, with something behind his back, and prepares to place something on the overhead, for all to see.

"To honor this fellow ReadAAR and WritAAR, to the degree to which he deserves, I had to search far and wide. I had to go to Russia, where they make things REALLY big! (Cold War joke: The USSR makes the BIGGEST microchips in the world!) And I stole it from an Antonov-70 cargo plane." He places the image on the projector.

propfan2-.jpg

"I would like to present the 'Fan of the Week' Award to... Coz1, for providing endless encouragement to us all! Let's give this man a big hand... er, fan."

I say, I thought this had been left alone, and huzzah, it soars again!

Gosh Renss, I hardly know what to say...but that's never stopped me before. ;)

I really appreciate you digging this thread out of the ashes of time and rejuvinating the custom. Were it not for this thread, I doubt CatKnight and I would have had the inspiration to restart the WoW and Showcase again in the manner in which they are now selected.

Further, I always appreciated this thread as it pays tribute to the one thing that keeps us moving as a group - feedback! A post of response speaks like a thousand words. Every one of us loves it when we see reaction to the work we put out there. And there are some people that don't even write their own work, but tirelessly give unto others anyway. This is a truly unique community we have here and I am extremely proud to be both a member and considered worthy of a FOTW acknowledgement!

I will continue to endeavor to keep current in the action of the community and always try to do what is best for both new and old alike here. I feel sometimes as if I am the resident historian of AARland, even though there are many folks that have been around far longer than I have. It is amazing to me, given the amount of hardship I have put upon my feeble brain, that I remember things well, but it is as close as I can get to Alexandru H.'s old idea of a history of the forum. I remember and try to share it with others that come aboard. And I'm not the only one, to be sure!

Thank you very much, sir, and I look forward to passing this along yet again to another worthy and fantastic Fan!

Wow...

Coz1 and I are of like mind here. I was sorry when it seemed this thread was just going to pass on, and he's right: I patterned the Showcase off of this and WoW.

I always liked 'Fan of the Week' for the reasons coz1 stated: Feedback is so important. Knowing people read your work and care about it is such a boost to a writer.

Well done digging this up Rennslaer, and Congratulations Coz! It's well deserved.

Three cheers!

Hip! Hip! Hip! Good show all round, and hearty congratulations to Coz!

Well done, Coz1! :)

This is an excellent choice, I think. If you want to know how to support authors, this man is the living example: he reads, he thinks, he comments.

He gets around the forums pretty well, too, and reads an incredible number of AARs.

All hail coz1! :) :p :)

Status
Not open for further replies.