• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Allenby

Custom User Title
8 Badges
Apr 4, 2003
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Hearts of Iron II: Beta
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife Pre-Order
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
Logo.jpg

TGW 1.1 (27.6 MB)

Installation

As these links seem to be dead, Dr Rare put up instructions about how to find the mod in the Stony Road forums. Go to this post to see:
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum...ersion-1.1&p=11816950&viewfull=1#post11816950

And the post after that hosts an alternate file outside of the Stony Road forums (which are notoriously tricky to enter)

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, when i've played i've suffered no sort of crash, but now the game is too blitzkrieg. I took Serbia with as AH with Greek support in maybe weeks, or couple of months. Germany took France by Sept1915, the Italians actually refused to leave Central Powers! Russia was taken down by late 1916. AH doesn't get a Ukrainian puppet anymore :mad: . In the treaties with the Entente Cordiale AH get's no gains! It's all Germany this, Germany that. All I get is war expenses!

The russian puppets are distributed according to who controls the capital. So for A-H to get the ukrainian puppet (which is the most likely one she´ll get), she´ll have to control Kiev. (this was the case in earlier versions as well)

hmm, here's a bug

It was coming to the end of 1916 (December something). I got China into my alliance, and then when I got the event so seek alliance with Japan (I did seek alliance anyway) the game just exited giving me that pathetic error report.

Most probably this is because for Germany to ally with Japan, Japan has to be at war with Japan over the twenty-one demands. Hence, you were allied with a country that you found yourself at war with, causing the game to crash.

Walter Model said:
Well, when i've played i've suffered no sort of crash, but now the game is too blitzkrieg. I took Serbia with as AH with Greek support in maybe weeks, or couple of months. Germany took France by Sept1915, the Italians actually refused to leave Central Powers! Russia was taken down by late 1916. AH doesn't get a Ukrainian puppet anymore :mad: . In the treaties with the Entente Cordiale AH get's no gains! It's all Germany this, Germany that. All I get is war expenses!

If you read the AAR I'm going to write about my first game on 1.1 you'll see a totally different and definately un-Blitzesque war :)

Guess what...
1.)
The second time I play, the Germans absolutely Blitzkrieg through belgium but then get stopped in france : :D !!! They got to about as far as me playing Germany would get. One thing I dislike though, is how Russia gets absolutely smashed by Austro-German armies. What do you need for the Russian peace event to fire?

2.)
Why did you change the colour of the Ottomans to that sickening looking weird colour like in original Hoi2? I hate it. I assume it's to be a difference from the Aus-Hun colour.

3.)
It is now impossible to play as the Ottoman Empire. Because of the huge space it has to command and conquer ( :rofl: ) the Entente's just go all over you. One amazing instance is that one of their units ran out of supply and it went ultra fast, going from the Suez-El Arish-Damascus-Trezibond-Ankara in a couple of days!

Several comments

Thank you guys for all of your hard work on the mod! We, gamers, really appreciate that. Please, don't give up on HoI 1.

Played several games for All sides, and here is a couple of comments:

1) Absolutely weird events of liberation of Poland. With Tsarist Russia winning the war and Germany loosing, Poland is created in three border German Provinces, with a claim to Russian Western Polish provinces but without a claim to Warsaw, Ljublin, etc. Either the claim to all Russian provinces should be levied in case of complete victory of Entente without the Russian revolution, or the Poles should demand for ALL of the polish provinces.

2) After the "fall of the Austrian-Hungarian empire" event with no Revolution in Russia, THREE eastern Austrian-Hungarian provinces (Prszemysl and two other ones) remain to be called Austrian-Hungarian Empire. Therefore, something very absurd happens: you get, Austria, Hungary and Austro-Hungary. These provinces should be included into the Russian empire, I think.

3) Russia is a complete looser when it comes to fighting. 99% of all games, if most of German troops aren't annihilated on the Western front, German and Austrian-Hungarian troops will be in Moscow, Petrograd and Helsinki by late 1915/early 1916.

4) French and Belgium defeat events are impossible to get, unless you also crush Russia.

5) When I played for the Turks and captured all of British persian provinces and puppets, captured Egypt and the war ended with the defeat of the Entente and Britain choosing to "end the war" without being defeated, the Great Britain lost NOTHING. Shouldn't the turks get at least part of Egypt even if the GB isn't defeated?

6) The greek take huge bite of Turkey even if they haven't entered the war at all.

7)Italy, when defeated by Central Powers, gets a communist (???) government. Its hard to imagine Kaiser troops proclaiming communist rule in Italy or even tolerating one. (It's hard to undersand, why europeans would not tolerate a communist regime in Russia, but gladly accept it in Italy, especially after its capitulation).

8) When Turkey joins the war, most of the British fleet is gone from the Middle Eastern war theatre, never to be seen again. Thus Egypt becomes an easy prey for Turkey.

9) Serbia is completely unconquerable for Austrian-Hungarian Empire, unless Bulgaria helps.

10) Britain should get huge dissent penalty when loosing the Suez channel.

11) Many of the events fire extremely late. When playing the Russians, I conquered Prszemysl in the beginning of the game and the according event fired only a year later.

12) Russians should get dissent penalty when loosing Caucasian provinces and Sevastopol to Turkey, and Turkey should get some kind of bonus (by the way, Turkey seems to get no bonuses whatsoever, even if it captures Cairo, Sevastopol or/and Kuwait).

13) The AI navy is almost way too weak to be considered a challenge. British fleet may be annihilated by 5-6 subs in 1 year, because of the love of AI to put all the ships in one stack of 140+ units.

14) The Russian Civil War is truly something weird. If Russia looses the war and then gets the Revolution event, then the Soviet Russia is easily slaughtered by German and Austrian-Hungarian troops but no event about the "defeat of the Revolution"seems ever to fire (why on Earth would Kaiser deliver Lenin to Moscow AFTER the war, in the first place?). Besides, Russian Federation fighting the Soviet Russia, while White Russians simply sit there and wait... it's really strange.

Thank-you for TGW 1.1, after a fast download and typically smooth install, it has survived several test runs and will now suppliment TGW 1.0 and get a thorough work out. Good thing too, have decided to get a divorce from HOI-2 and so may end up not downloading 1914 when it is released. No criticism of the 1914 team is implied in any way though; after giving HOI2 six-months of gameplay, I just personally find aspects of the game system and many of the hard-coded features to be overall, less fun then HOI-1 (actually C.O.R.E. 9.1) and of course, The Great War.
Best Regards

I've downloaded it and made some games. Some issues of 1.0 seems to be history, or at least less visible: France, for instance, hold by far better.
But the old issue of BEF not coming is still there. :(
By the way, thanks Allenby for the work on this old Glory! :p

comac said:
Thank-you for TGW 1.1, after a fast download and typically smooth install, it has survived several test runs and will now suppliment TGW 1.0 and get a thorough work out. Good thing too, have decided to get a divorce from HOI-2 and so may end up not downloading 1914 when it is released. No criticism of the 1914 team is implied in any way though; after giving HOI2 six-months of gameplay, I just personally find aspects of the game system and many of the hard-coded features to be overall, less fun then HOI-1 (actually C.O.R.E. 9.1) and of course, The Great War.
Best Regards
I agree with you Hoi2 is less fun.I too play core V.91 & TGW.It is a shame peaple gave up on these mods i wish there had been later scenarios for both mods a 1917 TGW and a core version of the 1944 scenario ending later.

The Joy of Zeppelins

keep it alive this is a great hoi1 mod,I am just popping to Africa in my Zeppelin :D

Hello people can someone possibly do something about the speed of the download of the tgw mod? Whenever I try to get it the speed is like 3.5 kbps (unusual - when I downloaded the lot of mods for eu2 such things didn't use to happen...)can someone possibly throw email it to me? I'd give my email adress to some kind man through PM...
Thanks in advance!
-Peter

Howdy, it's been awhile since I been on here. I'm sure this post may not belong here, but is there a modification game where it can start off in say 1914 to say, at the end of the cold war or something along the lines like that?

SwedeCarlson said:
Howdy, it's been awhile since I been on here. I'm sure this post may not belong here, but is there a modification game where it can start off in say 1914 to say, at the end of the cold war or something along the lines like that?
This Forum thread is the Hoi1 WW1 'TGW ' mod which is 1914-25,there is a 'cold war mod ' and a 'modern day scenario 'available in there own threads in this forum. There is also a 'no time limit patch 'available which allows you to start and finish your game from 1900-2199 there is a thread for this in the hoi1 mods forum also there is The 'super AI mod 'available from 1936-55 also with its on thread in this forum .
Go to http://www.stonyroad.de/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11 for any sprites you need. :cool: and the 'stoney road mod'.
Hope this replie answers your questions. :)

Emperor_krk said:
Hello people can someone possibly do something about the speed of the download of the tgw mod? Whenever I try to get it the speed is like 3.5 kbps (unusual - when I downloaded the lot of mods for eu2 such things didn't use to happen...)can someone possibly throw email it to me? I'd give my email adress to some kind man through PM...
Thanks in advance!
-Peter
I dont know about this.You best bet is to pm(private message) gzav(or another moderator) or Allenby whos mod it is. Both of whom are very helpful and informative.Hope this helps?