• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
My contributions

I have a site (my own personal, no bandwidth limits) where I have posted some graphics

Link to my site

I have many alternate skins--they are made for 1280 x 1024 so you need Unknown's resolution changer--or you can resize them for normal 1024 x 768. They are jpeg'ed and zipped, so you have to unzip them and convert them to bmp to use them. You can get a skin preview on my page.

I will gradually build up a large collection of flags, counters and shields which will be in one zip file. Right now, all I have is a corrected neoZeon set and a modern Canada (maple-leaf) set.

Insahn: Generally nice work. I discovered that for your neoZeon flag you forgot to rotate it 90 clockwise before making the shield.

SophiaUMG: Your skins need to be darkened for in game use--otherwise they are nice. If you're using photoshop, play around with the brightness-contrast filters. To test them out, create a folder (I usually use MEX), drop your files in and load the country (Mexico in my example) just to see how they look esthetically, You want them to be interesting but not to compete too much with the gameplay information. Take a look at some of my skins--go to my site link in this message

Insahn said:
@ Sophianumg@mer
Yes - your work is very good i like it :D

Thanks a lot!!!!
Because I was bored to death last weeks (despite the final test week :( ), I've made a Dutch (that good old patriottism :rofl: ) skin too. If anyone wants to see it (or eventually wants to have it), ask me. ;)

nomonhan said:
I have a site (my own personal, no bandwidth limits) where I have posted some graphics

Link to my site

I have many alternate skins--they are made for 1280 x 1024 so you need Unknown's resolution changer--or you can resize them for normal 1024 x 768. They are jpeg'ed and zipped, so you have to unzip them and convert them to bmp to use them. You can get a skin preview on my page.

I will gradually build up a large collection of flags, counters and shields which will be in one zip file. Right now, all I have is a corrected neoZeon set and a modern Canada (maple-leaf) set.

Insahn: Generally nice work. I discovered that for your neoZeon flag you forgot to rotate it 90 clockwise before making the shield.

SophiaUMG: Your skins need to be darkened for in game use--otherwise they are nice. If you're using photoshop, play around with the brightness-contrast filters. To test them out, create a folder (I usually use MEX), drop your files in and load the country (Mexico in my example) just to see how they look esthetically, You want them to be interesting but not to compete too much with the gameplay information. Take a look at some of my skins--go to my site link in this message

converting your skins to the standard 1024x700 size squashes all the images (sidebar and topbar especially). And when I say squash, I mean squash.

Which is a pity, some very nice skins. 47MB of download material I can't use because they are squishy. :(

Ayeshteni

Insahn said:
thank you :p but it's realy not a big poblem to make a shield or flag for hoi since you have got the templates and a photoshop trial (and you know how to use the transform tool there - it was the main proble for me until somebody has taught me to use it :)) I am sure that everyone can make this but of many folks think that's too big deal for them to make a hoi flag using a template (well i thought that way) :p but i think that this topic is very good place for exchange of your work and concepts for flags :p (i am storing a large ammount of flags posted by you and i'm planning to use them in my future games...) ok end of this offtopic :) i am waiting for your another reqests :D

Would it be possible for you to do a step by step instruction write-up? Would probably help a lot of people out like myself... :)

While I love the flag I have in my Guderian AAR, would also love to have the Iron Cross flag :D

test.jpg

Em....

Just wondering on the method of getting the flags to look as such with the tiny icons. You know, the flag, not the shield.
I did my own using a 3D model of a flag. I like the effect, and it allows me to do properly proportioned flags.
Ireland.jpg
Ireland 2:1 Ratio
Poland.jpg
Poland 5:3 Ratio
Denmark.jpg
Denmark 3:2 Ratio

The rendering is easy. The hard part is putting them all together again in a single picture. Anybody know how to streamline the process, as like in 3DS Max, make all the renders stack next to each other in a single file?

Right now, been using Photoshop to Photomerge the files, but it just sets them all on top of one another, and not side-by-side.

Insahn said:
shieldmasterpsd8yk.png

flagmasterpsd0ud.png

as always remember about conversion to bitmap format :)
Yeah sorry, erm.... can you make it as a conversion of the Kurdish one, the one I put up was meant as a plan of what I'd like but was very low quality....

Ahem, do you think you could do it better quality then I did? Well, wouldnt be hard
Many thanks