• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
T-hiddemen said:
Ok, see how this works . . .

I left the building towards the left because of the fade that I gave it. Moving it to the center did not work, at least without starting over with a clean copy.

I missed the Viking ship . . . .

In any case, the cross fit the sidebar :)

I usually look for medals, and or coins, but well, Thanet does not seem to have issued too many awards/orders/decorations or coined any money recently :)

fullscreen_thanet2.bmp
Better IMHO, except the ship looks a little strange with the way the background is around it. Can you redo the bottom half? Or is that too much work?
The viking boat wouldnt of been there then anyway. And I like the cross in it anyway.
And as for money or awards... well we will get rid of the evil occupiers :rofl: Long live the rebels and down with the Brits

Steff991 said:
Better IMHO, except the ship looks a little strange with the way the background is around it. Can you redo the bottom half? Or is that too much work?
The viking boat wouldnt of been there then anyway. And I like the cross in it anyway.
And as for money or awards... well we will get rid of the evil occupiers :rofl: Long live the rebels and down with the Brits

I'll see what I can do about blending the cruiser in a bit. It blended with the pic above it in the last one . . .

Hi, can anyone help me turning the flag on this picture:
flag_hulk.jpg

Into a usable flag?

Despite what it looks like on the picture though, descriptions seem to indicate the eagle should be very, very, very dark red, if not black.

flag_doom_er.jpg
This flag is also a possibility...

Arilou said:
Hi, can anyone help me turning the flag on this picture:
flag_hulk.jpg

Into a usable flag?

Despite what it looks like on the picture though, descriptions seem to indicate the eagle should be very, very, very dark red, if not black.

Ok, here are 5 different color schemes, let me know which (if any :) ) you like and I'll make a flag/shield/counter set. I will also work on the other, more complex flag

ari_eagle1.jpg

ari_eagle2.jpg

ari_eagle3.jpg

ari_eagle4.jpg

ari_eagle5.jpg

JRShield said:
I've got some questions, how do you make:

-Flags
-Shields
-Counters
-Minister/leader pics
-Event pics

T-hid, could you pls tell me?

Ok, flags and shields.

In both cases you start with a 2 dimensional "flag" graphic. 324x216 works best. There are several photoshop "template" files you will need (I will get all that stuff together in a zip file and post it ASAP). When you have the "flag" and the template files you will need to run a Photoshop "action" by loading? a .atn file. This file is basically a script that processes the 2d "flag" and outputs a finished HOI2 Flag or Shield.

I do not have photoshop so I reverse engineered a Python script that does an analagous procedure for Paint Shop Pro 9 using the .psd templates. I believe that there are Photoshop readmes with the template. Also, a user named Mad King George on this board has a website with all the templates and instructions.

Leader Pics

find your headshot of a leader crop it to a .720 ratio (final size needs to be 36x50 pixels), resize the pic to 36x50, then paste it as a new layer into the leader_template.psd file that I will post. Then drop the picture layer below the border layer that is in the template. (the existing layer is the white frame that goes around the pic). Then save it as a 24bit bmp file named appropriately for whatever leader you want it to be.

Counters

Here I use a tool made by Andreas Schmitt (KeldorKatarn). Basically you can open up an existing counter, increase the color depth to 16million colors/24bit. Then edit as you please. You can reduce a "flag" to 14x9, or a roundel to 10x10 and paste into the counter. Save the counter as a 24bit bmp. Then go to My Computer and drag both your counter and the counter prototype (in zip file) onto the exe file (in zip) it will produce a new counter called counter_new.bmp that is in the correct game palette. Delete the 24 bit one you made and rename the new one and then put it in the correct game folder. Keldor has a good readme in th zip file

Event Pics

Easy, just open an existing one. Wherever you see green (green=255, red=0, blue=0) in the image, will be transparent in the game. Just find an existing one that has the right aspect ratio for the image you want, paste your image over it, then save as a 24 bit bmp with the name you want.

Now for the files

Leader Template

Flag Template

Shield Template

Counters

T-hiddemen said:
Ok, here are 5 different color schemes, let me know which (if any :) ) you like and I'll make a flag/shield/counter set. I will also work on the other, more complex flag

ari_eagle1.jpg

ari_eagle2.jpg

ari_eagle3.jpg

ari_eagle4.jpg

ari_eagle5.jpg

Hmmm, I think the second one looks best.
And the second flag looks great too!

T-hiddemen:

Is there any chance that in some future you will make some background pictures for The Fallout Mod for about 2 countries? Of course we will supply with all materials?