+ Reply to Thread
Page 79 of 730 FirstFirst ... 4 29 54 69 77 78 79 80 81 89 104 129 154 179 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,580 of 14585

Thread: HoI2 Grand Flag/Graphic Request

Quote Originally Posted by T-hiddemen
    I'll see what I can do about blending the cruiser in a bit. It blended with the pic above it in the last one . . .
    Maybe keep a bit of the original picture around it? Have the sea showing? I dont know, I'm no where near as good as you at this sort of thing

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Divine Wind
    For The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineKing Arthur IIMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSword of the Stars IIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisWarlock: Master of the ArcaneCK2: Holy KnightEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    Warlock 2: The Exiled

Blog Entries
    Hi, can anyone help me turning the flag on this picture:

Into a usable flag?

Despite what it looks like on the picture though, descriptions seem to indicate the eagle should be very, very, very dark red, if not black.

This flag is also a possibility...
    "Man is free; but his freedom does not look like the glorious liberty of the Enlightenment; it is no longer the gift of God. Once again, man stands alone in the universe, responsible for his condition, likely to remain in a lowly state, but free to reach above the stars.."
    -Jean-Paul Sartré

Quote Originally Posted by Arilou

Into a usable flag?

Despite what it looks like on the picture though, descriptions seem to indicate the eagle should be very, very, very dark red, if not black.
    Ok, here are 5 different color schemes, let me know which (if any ) you like and I'll make a flag/shield/counter set. I will also work on the other, more complex flag

Quote Originally Posted by Arilou

This flag is also a possibility...
    OK, here is a first stab at the other

Quote Originally Posted by JRShield
    I've got some questions, how do you make:

-Flags
    -Shields
    -Counters
    -Minister/leader pics
    -Event pics

T-hid, could you pls tell me?

Ok, flags and shields.

In both cases you start with a 2 dimensional "flag" graphic. 324x216 works best. There are several photoshop "template" files you will need (I will get all that stuff together in a zip file and post it ASAP). When you have the "flag" and the template files you will need to run a Photoshop "action" by loading? a .atn file. This file is basically a script that processes the 2d "flag" and outputs a finished HOI2 Flag or Shield.

I do not have photoshop so I reverse engineered a Python script that does an analagous procedure for Paint Shop Pro 9 using the .psd templates. I believe that there are Photoshop readmes with the template. Also, a user named Mad King George on this board has a website with all the templates and instructions.

Leader Pics

find your headshot of a leader crop it to a .720 ratio (final size needs to be 36x50 pixels), resize the pic to 36x50, then paste it as a new layer into the leader_template.psd file that I will post. Then drop the picture layer below the border layer that is in the template. (the existing layer is the white frame that goes around the pic). Then save it as a 24bit bmp file named appropriately for whatever leader you want it to be.

Counters

Here I use a tool made by Andreas Schmitt (KeldorKatarn). Basically you can open up an existing counter, increase the color depth to 16million colors/24bit. Then edit as you please. You can reduce a "flag" to 14x9, or a roundel to 10x10 and paste into the counter. Save the counter as a 24bit bmp. Then go to My Computer and drag both your counter and the counter prototype (in zip file) onto the exe file (in zip) it will produce a new counter called counter_new.bmp that is in the correct game palette. Delete the 24 bit one you made and rename the new one and then put it in the correct game folder. Keldor has a good readme in th zip file

Event Pics

Easy, just open an existing one. Wherever you see green (green=255, red=0, blue=0) in the image, will be transparent in the game. Just find an existing one that has the right aspect ratio for the image you want, paste your image over it, then save as a 24 bit bmp with the name you want.

Now for the files

Leader Template

Flag Template

Shield Template

Counters

Quote Originally Posted by Steff991
    Maybe keep a bit of the original picture around it? Have the sea showing? I dont know, I'm no where near as good as you at this sort of thing

Sorry ran out of time. I will try again tomorrow, don't have the layered image here at home. So its ok, except for the ship?

Quote Originally Posted by arc3371
    One more request (shield/flag/counter):

Thank you
    Corporal, Alpha Squad, ADDICT Platoon, Serial 0012.

http://batracer.com/-1FrontPage.htm?4Pj

Quote Originally Posted by arc3371
    Thank you

My Pleasure!

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Divine Wind
    For The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineKing Arthur IIMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSword of the Stars IIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisWarlock: Master of the ArcaneCK2: Holy KnightEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    Warlock 2: The Exiled

Blog Entries
    Ok, here are 5 different color schemes, let me know which (if any ) you like and I'll make a flag/shield/counter set. I will also work on the other, more complex flag

Hmmm, I think the second one looks best.
    And the second flag looks great too!
    "Man is free; but his freedom does not look like the glorious liberty of the Enlightenment; it is no longer the gift of God. Once again, man stands alone in the universe, responsible for his condition, likely to remain in a lowly state, but free to reach above the stars.."
    -Jean-Paul Sartré

Crusader Kings IIDarkest Hour500k club

Haarlem, Noord-Holland, Netherlands, 114501048567266, Haarlem, Netherlands
    Thank you so very much!
    Een soldaat doet zijn plicht
    Generaal Winkelman
    Loving C.O.R.E.2

The scale of Stalin's purging of Red Army officers was exceptional - 90% of all generals and 80% of all colonels were killed. This included 3 out of 5 Marshals, 13 out of 15 Army commanders, 57 of 85 Corps commanders, 110 of 195 divisional commanders and 220 of 406 brigade commanders as well as all commanders of military districts. (pg 195, Carell, P. (1964) Hitler's War on Russia - The Story of the German Defeat in the East. translated from German by Ewald Osers, B.I. Publications New Delhi, 1974 (first Indian edition).

EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionSupreme Ruler 2020Rome: Vae Victis

Blog Entries

Question

T-hiddemen:

Is there any chance that in some future you will make some background pictures for The Fallout Mod for about 2 countries? Of course we will supply with all materials?

Sorry ran out of time. I will try again tomorrow, don't have the layered image here at home. So its ok, except for the ship?
    Yes, it's just the ship that looks a little strange. Thank you very much

Quote Originally Posted by Doomtrader
    T-hiddemen:

Is there any chance that in some future you will make some background pictures for The Fallout Mod for about 2 countries? Of course we will supply with all materials?

I can give it a shot

Here is a reworked version . . .

Here is a reworked version . . .
    Thanks alot T. That seems a lot better. I'm going to try it ingame now

Thanks alot T. That seems a lot better. I'm going to try it ingame now

Good, hope it works out!

My First DD Art

OK, downloading Doomsday has me more excited about HOI graphics, so here is my first Doomsday artwork, a fairly simple, but hopefully appropriate load screen

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis 3EU3 Complete
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSupreme Ruler: Cold War
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisEuropa Universalis IV

wow thats acutally awsome that Nuclear explosion acutally stood out for me oooh pretty fire

On loan to the C.S Navy HMS Enterprize's Avatar
    Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDarkest HourEU3 CompleteHearts of Iron IIIIron Cross
    Victoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2

^ Thats quite weird T.

I made some new load screens ages ago before DD was announced (I plan to use them for upcoming turtledove mods) that were quite similar in some respects.
    The first release version of the Settling Accounts mod for HOI2 DD for Iron Cross is now available. See my thread in the Iron Cross modding forum for pics and download link.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 79 of 730 FirstFirst ... 4 29 54 69 77 78 79 80 81 89 104 129 154 179 ... LastLast