• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Miltiades said:
I am extreamly impressed and extreamly greatful! I just found a bunch of pictures I was going to send you just incase but you got the pictures I just saved. Would it be asking to much for you to include another portrait of Vlaslov and to resize his picture so I can replace it as his portrait in the game? I am not sure what number/letter he is in the images folder but I will find out.

No Problem! Do you mean that you want a different pic of Vlasov in the skin, or add a second one? I actually started with the pic of him from the Wikipedia, but found the one of him behind the Sov MG and it just looked cooler . . .

What is really freaky is that the POA soldier on the right is a twin of one of my students . . .

T-hiddemen said:
No Problem! Do you mean that you want a different pic of Vlasov in the skin, or add a second one? I actually started with the pic of him from the Wikipedia, but found the one of him behind the Sov MG and it just looked cooler . . .

What is really freaky is that the POA soldier on the right is a twin of one of my students . . .

Your right the picture of him behind the MG is very cool.

Miltiades said:
http://www.praguepost.com/P03/2005/Art/0609/50609letters.jpg Here is the portrait of him I want for the actual in game minister picture, but could you just cut out the face insted of the whole body? I think your backround you made doesnt need any change now that I think about it.

I missed that one! I have never done a leader pic; I'm sure it will not be a problem, but if you can find his number, etc for me that will be a big help. When I use PSP to browse the leader and model folders my computer bogs down to a standstill . . . :(

Miltiades said:
http://www.praguepost.com/P03/2005/Art/0609/50609letters.jpg Here is the portrait of him I want for the actual in game minister picture, but could you just cut out the face insted of the whole body? I think your backround you made doesnt need any change now that I think about it.

EDIT: Actually for the bottom most picture of the soldiers could you replace it with this? http://forum.axishistory.com/files/inspection_584.jpg thank you very much you are a very nice person for this :p

Axis History won't hot link and I cannot find that pic on their site . . . :(

Not to mention editing the background off those guys took forever . . . :(

While on the subject of leader photos I ahve a little problems. I made some leaders out of a few scans I took from a book, but the photos were in a kinda ovel shape, so the corners are just white and it looks kinda weird ingame. I have no graphics skill beyond what I have said and I'm wondering what I could do to fix it.

T-hiddemen said:

Duh . . . rt click and save target as worked . . . That one will be easy to crop the background out, but its a bit grainy so I don't think it will look as good. Luckily I have the fullscreen saved w/ separate layers so I will drop the original soldiers, put those guys in and post and you can decide whicj you like better . . .

T-hiddemen said:
Duh . . . rt click and save target as worked . . . That one will be easy to crop the background out, but its a bit grainy so I don't think it will look as good. Luckily I have the fullscreen saved w/ separate layers so I will drop the original soldiers, put those guys in and post and you can decide whicj you like better . . .

Its ok then nevermind. I will find his leader number.

T-hiddemen said:
let me know what you think. This did not really turn out the way I had anticipated . . .

hmmm yeah, how about, Fleur-de-lis top left, 3 Lions top right, gold tree on a red field, S.Korea flag (switching the blue underpart for gold) on a blue field?

would it be possible to mount the finished shield inside of this:
web_official_coa_lg.jpg

sorry for the trouble

T-hiddemen said:

Hey one thought about your pic of Vlasov. He is wearing a uniform with no insignia. Was this from his Soviet drumhead show trial in Moscow . . . ?

But if I crop the pic to just his face you won't see the uni perhaps . . .

T-hiddemen said:
Hey is there a "master list" of leaders/pics somewhere?

Or is it a browse and miss proposition?

each country has a minister.csv file in the db\ministers folder. Open the country you want with a text editor and find the name and corresponding picture you wish, for example top entry for scotland...

561001;Head of State;Harold Harington Balfour;36;ML;Barking Buffoon;High;M561001;x

ou have his name and his minster number at the end (Harold H. Balfour M561001)

you can do the same with the leaders in the db\leaders flder.

Ayeshteni

Passivocalia said:
::rolls up sleeves; cracks knuckles:: Alright then, I think I can handle this...

map4tc.jpg

1) This is President John F. Kennedy, giving his famous "No man can stop me now! I am invincible, bwa-ha-ha!" inaugural address.

2) This is when the fighter pilot "Maverick" tries a tricky maneuver to get close to MIG plane. One of his fellow pilots loses his nerve during this incident, a factor that will gain "Maverick" a harsh verbal reprimand and natural distrust from the likes of "Ice Man".

3) This is, of course, a picture of football legend George "The Gipper" Gipp in his later years.

4) This is Russell Casse's plane, which performed a kamikaze attack on an alien destroyer ship during the Independence Day Offensive of 1996.

5) This is the helicopter whose pilot would later report that a "man of liquid metal" had forced him out of the cockpit and hijacked it. The embarrassing incident was blamed on both a Communist plot and hippy drug abuse.

6) This is a modern battleship, which can take three direct hits without sinking. However, the advent of modern naval warfare has to a large extent made battleships obsolete due to their vulnerability to air and strategic missile attacks; they are only slightly less vulnerable than the cumbersome aircraft carriers. The modern admiral often trusts his life to the more reliable destroyers and submarines, or, if he is fortunate to have any under his command, the ever-elusive patrol boats.

7) This is a depiction of the 7th cavalry, led by Lt. Colonel Hal Moore during the Battle of la Drang in the Viet Nam conflict. U.S. forces were on the verge of losing the battle after some of their forces were cut off, but the military in Seoul considered a Lt. Colonel too important a personality to lose, so they napalmed the whole of Northern Viet Nam, decisively winning the war at that very moment (but at great cost).

8) This is a nuclear submarine. As discussed above, it sacrifices endurance (it sinks after three direct hits) for a limited guerrilla hiding ability, though this exchange is not as drastic as that of the supreme patrol boat. All experts consider the nuclear submarine equal to the destroyer in every given way.

9) This is some other boat, or possibly a ship.

10) Ah, the notorious Hum-Vee. This was a light vehicle unit that could only be built in the weapons factories of Global Defense Initiative (GDI) forces, though there have been documented incidents of terrorist groups capturing these factories with engineers to build such vehicles themselves. It is notable that the Hum-Vee, unlike treaded tank vehicles, could not kill an enemy soldier by running over him.

11) Speaking of terrorists! This is one of the NATO transport planes that has been implicated in delivering armored weapons and artillery to the Brotherhood of Nod, a global terror group bent on world domination from the beginning of time. The resulting scandal was a major contributor to NATO's dissolution. These transport planes, by the way, were widely held to be invulnerable to enemy fire.

12) The world was shocked when a brave Chinese civilian stood in front of that tank in Tiananmen Square and was subsequently blown to smithereens. The current location of the actual smithereens are unknown to this day, though there is much speculation.

13) This is an inside-out view of a NATO All-Terrain Armoured Transport (AT-AT) during the Battle of Hoth against militant fundamentalists.

14) These are the various warlord banners of pirate and ninja forces during the great Inter-Genre War.

15) This is, of course, the shuriken insignia of the United Ninja Front, who triumphed in the Inter-Genre War. Pirates as well as Ninja dissidents contest the victory to this very day, vowing revenge as they secretly rearm their patrol boats...

Did I get them all?

:rofl:

What's really funny is that I know all that ur talking about, except for the Ninja pirate stuff....though it sounds intriguing :p

>_> Nod pwned GDI btw, and We Were Soldiers is kickass.

Btw thx again T-hiddeman, and I couldn't help noticing the names of the files were 'freak-~' :rofl:

Ayeshteni said:
each country has a minister.csv file in the db\ministers folder. Open the country you want with a text editor and find the name and corresponding picture you wish, for example top entry for scotland...

561001;Head of State;Harold Harington Balfour;36;ML;Barking Buffoon;High;M561001;x

ou have his name and his minster number at the end (Harold H. Balfour M561001)

you can do the same with the leaders in the db\leaders flder.

Ayeshteni

Thanks!!

@T

Is there a problem with your site? Other pics seem to be showing but anything you post insnt...it could still be a prob my end, Im still DL the new star wars game demo...its taking ages.