• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Matching Counters for the "quoted" flag?!

Hi,

my below mentioned post was probably to long.... :( :eek:o

Would anyone of you guys be so kind as to provide

a.) a matching set of counters for the qoted flag please and
b.) to reformate the flag from vicky to HoI2/DD texture/pattern?!

Thanks
Thelamon

Thelamon said:
Hi - I was looking for exactly this flag and shield all along! :D
This Flag is the "political correct" way to get some wargaming flavor in Germany and some other European countries (where nazi simbols are illegal - which is fine with me).
Why P'dox didn't use this flag like most wargames is beyond me... :confused: :rolleyes:

Now I still got some questions and requests concerning this flag (of course ;) )

1. Are the depicted Flag and Shield files directly compatible with HoI2 and DD ?!
Or do I have to rename them - or even alter them somehow (which I'm probably not capable of without Photoshop and no knowledge of how to use it...)

2. Would you be so kind as to provide matching counters for this flag?! (please!)
-> This means only the flag part of the counters needs to be altered - the roundels (for all air units) with the straight black and white cross ("Balkenkreuz") that are standard with most german counter sets should stay the same.

3. Is there a possibility to alter the alternative counterstrip (which allows for the roundels) in order to get all land units depicted with the roundel (like the air units) and only naval counters with the little flag?

(As far As I understand whether the respective flag or roundel is shown depends on the "slot" (with palette info?) on the counterstrip that is used in the GFX/map folder of HoI2?! And in order to see the roundels at all one has to use an alternative counterstrips with a different "slot" for the roundels.)
An example for such a counterstrip - but with "roundel slots" for air units only can be found on stony road:
http://www.stonyroad.de/forum/showthread.php?t=2213&highlight=counters

4. And are Flag/Shield and Counter changes enough or would there be other changes necessary?
Like :
"gfx\interface\axis_ledg.bmp"
"gfx\skins\ger\topbar.bmp"

If so version with the resüective flag would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited:
Are there any flags, Shields and Counters for Canada with the new Canadian Flag (as in the one with the maple leaf)?

flag.png

I would be grateful if anyone could make this a flag, with counters aswell.

shield_wam.jpg

Could I please get this flag, but with purple replacing the blue? Flag and shield please, HOI shading.

Thanks,

Jerzul

Ok, I have just gone through the entire thread, and either I missed it or there are no counters/shields/flags with the modern Canadian Flag. (also, a new Top bar with the modern flag would be nice)

Also the Flag Directory seems to be down.

Could I also get this?

sovietoregonchina2.jpg

Could I also please get this turned into a flag/shield (Hoi Shading). Thanks!

Last edited:
My friend made it for a communist Oregon (The Beaver State)

Hi, I wast just about to change the Nazi flag (Swatika in white circle on red field) to the Iron Cross version. Then I noticed that I have a file called "flag_ger1.bmp" in the (...)map/flags folder and a corresponding ine in the shields folder. Are these game originals, or did I just install them along with the GIP pack?
Thanks, Anders.
[edit] I found it in the GIP. Apparently the user can choosewhich flag they want for Nazi Germany.

Last edited:
Original German flag (the one that appears in 1936)

I changed the german flag to a swazitka, but did'nt figured out i couldn't paly anymore on multiplayer games...
Can someone give me the original flag of germany, the one we can find in 36'??

You can use whatever graphics you like on multiplayer; Graphics doesn't affect performance or gameplay in any way. (Except as an inspiration. It does the heart good to see the red flag over Berlin, London, Paris and Chicago...)