• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
T-hiddemen said:
Well, we could always get it started up again . . . :D

Good idea! Rommel at the pyramids sounds cool! Tell us when you start up again! :D

I would have contributed more but free hosting services (the ones I could find anyway) had rather small size limits on the pics...

when i put some of my new counters in to the game they come out all funny looking??? i changed them to bitmap and all (it worked on the flags and shields but the counter are strange looking???help?

madprofmike said:
when i put some of my new counters in to the game they come out all funny looking??? i changed them to bitmap and all (it worked on the flags and shields but the counter are strange looking???help?
It's not that simple, you need a program to convert them. Don't feel bad though, I did the same thing too at first. :p

I'm not sure where the file is at, but I think KeldorKatarn made it, so you might want to send him a message.

Last edited:
madprofmike said:

Where they counters I made?? If so let me know and I will fix them. There is a utility you have to use to match the palettes. The stuff you need is in this zip file: Counter Tool

I think it was Keldo who made it, but there is credit in the readme in any case . . .

Hmmm...five days and no response to my request for an early Commie Yugoslavia flag....

*sniff*

YU-flag.gif

Just something with a little texture for when it's flapping in the breeze over a unit, or a little depth as a shield. It's not much, but it's more than I know how to do.

If you could shrink the star a little, as it was briefly in the post-war period, that would be spiffy.

Don't make me whine, people. I have a very high-pitched and womanly whine. :p

Thistletooth said:
Hmmm...five days and no response to my request for an early Commie Yugoslavia flag....

*sniff*

YU-flag.gif

Just something with a little texture for when it's flapping in the breeze over a unit, or a little depth as a shield. It's not much, but it's more than I know how to do.

If you could shrink the star a little, as it was briefly in the post-war period, that would be spiffy.

Don't make me whine, people. I have a very high-pitched and womanly whine. :p

There are several versions made check the thread

:p lol i just love how i can sit back and watch my request go bye bye lol :p

how we can active a skin for which hasn't got a skin ???I try but i'm new you know ;)

oz12gfb said:
how we can active a skin for which hasn't got a skin ???I try but i'm new you know ;)

Create a new folder in Hearts of Iron 2\GFX\SKINS\ and name it for the tag of the country you want. Then place the skin files inside it.

Like: FRA for France, EGY for Egypt, ...

You can check a tag list in the config\worldnames.csv file

thanks ;)

@T-hiddemen

I just checked the counters you made for my mod and they are not working either. Do you have fixed versions yet or what can you or I do to fix them? Cheers. :)

HMS Enterprize said:
@T-hiddemen

I just checked the counters you made for my mod and they are not working either. Do you have fixed versions yet or what can you or I do to fix them? Cheers. :)

For DD or HOI2?

I know that the CSA counters I made for you way back WERE working in HOI2, 'cause I was playing with them . . .

I'll check some ones I made in the past in DD today . . .

HMS Enterprize said:
@T-hiddemen

OK, here is a Hawaii counter I made a few days ago on this thread.

counter_hawr.bmp

I just tested it in DD by renaming it counter_usa.bmp and it worked fine. The roundel will only work if you copy This File to the /gfx/map folder.

The counter and the airmarking worked for me. Try this one and see if it works for you. If it does, post the non-working counters and I will fix them. If the Hawaii counter does not work for you then we have a problem . . .