• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
T-hiddemen said:
I have read up through all the WWI Turtledove books, maybe the first WW2 one, I can't remember. I need to start over and read them again, but the library here in our new town does not have them and I have not bothered to request them to get the books.

I liked the Bear and the Dragon, though the critics hated it. Its really the last one that I liked of his. Red Rabbit was marginal and I really disliked the new one about Jack Ryan's son, et al. I put it down after a few dozen pages, and I rarely ever stop reading a book w/o finishing. I did not like "his" Op-Center or Net-Force series. I tried one of each and was not impressed.

Its too bad, he was one of my favorite authors. Have you read any of Larry Bond (Red Phoenix, Cauldron, Vortex) ?

I didn't even know the name Larry Bond before :D , but I'll see if I can find one of his books in English.

Rey said:
The Republic of Turkey inherited the flag of the Ottoman Empire.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ottoman_Flag#Reform_and_Decline_.281789-1923.29

Mustafa Kemal was a Ottoman officer who won a battle in the Dardanelles and used that popularity to revolt against the turkish government and establish himself as Dictator for life in a fascist style conservative-nationalist regime (c'mon, dear father = attaturk. duce, fuhrer anyone?)

I apologize for this off-topic post.

Hi Rey, we don't mind some historical background/discussion of imagery. I like to be accurate/historical whenever possible . . .so thanks for the info!

T-hiddemen said:
Hi Rey, we don't mind some historical background/discussion of imagery. I like to be accurate/historical whenever possible . . .so thanks for the info!

Hehe, it wasnt my intention to hijack the thread or something like that, but you'd be suprised by the impressive number of posts made regarding the origin of the Turkish flag, and many turkish posters seem to post this kind of stuff by no apparent logical reason, when in reality every historical source classifies the Turkish flag as the same as the Ottoman flag. :D

Keep up the good work you've done so far! There are not many people able to sacrifice so much time for the community :)

Rey said:
Hehe, it wasnt my intention to hijack the thread or something like that, but you'd be suprised by the impressive number of posts made regarding the origin of the Turkish flag, and many turkish posters seem to post this kind of stuff by no apparent logical reason, when in reality every historical source classifies the Turkish flag as the same as the Ottoman flag. :D

Keep up the good work you've done so far! There are not many people able to sacrifice so much time for the community :)

One of the really cool things about this forum is meeting people of different backgrounds who share an interest in history and historical gaming, and seeing how they look at WWII and history from differing perspectives . . .

Also, thanks for the kind words . . . :eek:o

Rey said:
The Republic of Turkey inherited the flag of the Ottoman Empire.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ottoman_Flag#Reform_and_Decline_.281789-1923.29

Mustafa Kemal was a Ottoman officer who won a battle in the Dardanelles and used that popularity to revolt against the turkish government and establish himself as Dictator for life in a fascist style conservative-nationalist regime (c'mon, dear father = ataturk. duce, fuhrer anyone?)

I apologize for this off-topic post.

He is not a dictator,he is not a facist,He is not a Fuhrer! :mad: Wikipedia don't know that more than us! :mad:Ataturk is the first Social Democrat Leader of Turkish.And his friend.
And Ottoman's didn't use 5 corner star.Because 8 corner star represented all of the nation in the Ottoman's(Judish,Armenian,Greeks).But five corner star just represented Turkish people.
And Ataturk don't mean ''Dear Father''.It is mean ''Father of Turk's''.Actually it's true at HoI2.
Mistake is not yours :( .Wikipedia sucks!!!.

A couple of reactions to the last posts:

First I would say we stop the Tom Clancy / Harry Turtledove / Larry Bond discussion.

Rey said:
Hehe, it wasnt my intention to hijack the thread or something like that

Stop this discussion too.

T-Hiddemen said:
One of the really cool things about this forum is meeting people of different backgrounds who share an interest in history and historical gaming, and seeing how they look at WWII and history from differing perspectives . . .

True :)

oz12gfb said:
Wikipedia sucks!!!

Yeah, let's start spamming Wickipedia with historical correct information! :D

madprofmike said:
hi looking for the works (counter,shields,flag)for this prussian flag

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Flag_of_Preussen_1701-1918.jpg

thanks

here you go

flag_pru1.bmp

shield_pru1.bmp

counter_pru1.bmp

Sophianumg@mer said:
A couple of reactions to the last posts:

First I would say we stop the Tom Clancy / Harry Turtledove / Larry Bond discussion.

Stop this discussion too.

True :)

Yeah, let's start spamming Wickipedia with historical correct information! :D

Hi Soph

this seems a bit harsh. I can get graphics projects with no fun and discussion at work. Its the fun and human interaction here that keep me comingh back and doing projects, not just the graphics themselves. While I agree we should do our best to keep the thread graphic centered, friendly discussion should certainly continue . . . :)

T-hiddemen said:
While I agree we should do our best to keep the thread graphic centered, friendly discussion should certainly continue . . . :)

Well said. :)

T-hiddemen said:
Hi Soph

this seems a bit harsh. I can get graphics projects with no fun and discussion at work. Its the fun and human interaction here that keep me comingh back and doing projects, not just the graphics themselves. While I agree we should do our best to keep the thread graphic centered, friendly discussion should certainly continue . . . :)

I agree with that, but I already got caught for spamming and I don't want that to happen again.

anti-commi said:
Ok i got you now T-Hiddenmen I would like you to rate my Poland skin and make me a france one like it
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showpost.php?p=5719409&postcount=84
your lucky the mods have told me to stop like 3 times, 2 for spam and 1 for not agreeing with them, i wonder if that was a secret, if im banned you'll all know :cool:

I'm not T-Hiddemen, but I still want to say you: that skin looks great!

anti-commi said:
Ok i got you now T-Hiddenmen I would like you to rate my Poland skin and make me a france one like it
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showpost.php?p=5719409&postcount=84
your lucky the mods have told me to stop like 3 times, 2 for spam and 1 for not agreeing with them, i wonder if that was a secret, if im banned you'll all know :cool:

Its a cool skin, well executed. I'm not sure I can do a France one like it or not, its a style very different than mine. But, give me the leaders/politics/etc of the France you want and I'll take a shot at it . . .

Is all this clamping down by the moderators something new? I did about 1500 posts between November and April before taking a break between April and last week. No one has ever gotten on me. The only nasty message I've seen was on a photoshop thread where we were doing things like putting Rommel at the Pyramids, Hitler at the Statue of Liberty, Monty and Ike shaking hands at the Kremlin, etc. Some idiots kept posting images with swastikas and they threatened to close the thread . . .

glad you like it

no it happened in the begining, well they were all my fault, one was funny though, but none of them were hidden as graphic answers or blue emu answers

and i only did that with PS 3.0 Deluxe

too bad you can't help though, I guess the only other country i can do like that is UKR

how do you people find so many pictures for the skins, or am i lazy bum, or do i play to much WoW, or a combination of the 2

T-hiddemen said:
The only nasty message I've seen was on a photoshop thread where we were doing things like putting Rommel at the Pyramids, Hitler at the Statue of Liberty, Monty and Ike shaking hands at the Kremlin, etc. Some idiots kept posting images with swastikas and they threatened to close the thread . . .

Shame that thread kinda died a death...

anti-commi said:
how do you people find so many pictures for the skins, or am i lazy bum, or do i play to much WoW, or a combination of the 2

Two words for you my friend- Google Images.
:)

anti-commi said:
glad you like it

no it happened in the begining, well they were all my fault, one was funny though, but none of them were hidden as graphic answers or blue emu answers

and i only did that with PS 3.0 Deluxe

too bad you can't help though, I guess the only other country i can do like that is UKR

No, I'll take a stab at the skin, I just can't promise to get it that close to your style . . .