• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
T-hiddemen said:
Hello Sarmatia, Ccurio and others. I would be glad to do the Finn skin :rofl:

but I need a bit more direction. Back in the 70's I spoke a few words of Finnish because my Dad had to go there numerous times because he worked for a Finnish paper company here in the US.

Now, I have no clue. I have the BC, and the guy with the gas mask, but I cannot find the "Lapua goons" . . .

In my basement I have some old 35mm slides of some impressive castles, fortresses and monuments from Suomen Tasavalta, so I am sure I can put something together . . .
Repost of the material:

friedrichhesse1868vaino9cr.jpg
vihtori.jpg

ilmarinen.jpg

http://www.artsnotdead.com/newjpegs/finnish1.jpg <-- too big to be posted as a pic on this board

helsinki.jpg
<-- those are the goons :rofl:

T-hiddemen said:
That was a simple one . ..
propaganda_req.bmp

thanks, it is actually a French propoganda poster produced by the Vichy government to drum up support for the German occupation. The thinking was that while Germany is in charge everyone is safe from communism. I am not sure if the faceless soldiers are also supposed to represent secret communist attackers or a united European defense.

Last edited:
And now my final request for my Napoleon mod (link in signature)

Im looking for a frontend and start screen incorporating these images:

I would like Napoleon on one side and De gaulle on the other

jawohljt said:
Well, I want it to be in the historic timeline, so basically 1936. The government was democratic, I think they are classed as Market Liberal in-game. As for imagery, I don't mind really, but I think an image of Queen Wilhelmina (http://www.dicklightle.com/Pictures/21334.jpg) would be good, as well as the Dutch flag. Thanks.

EDIT: The Prime Minister was Hendricus Colijn, if that helps.

Let me know what you think . . .

neth_topbar.bmp

neth_sidebar_a.bmp

neth_fullscreen.bmp

Miltiades said:
Thanks you did a great job on the Lindburgh USA. Ha it almost looks like he has a mohawk in the picture :p

Thanks! Did you spot the ahistorical Statue of Liberty? I did that for Enterprizes Turtledove Mod, but I thought, well, maybe, in a Fascist more warlike USA? I can change it if you think it goes to far . . . :rofl:

Wow, that Finnish one looks fantastic! I love the way you use medals in the sidebar - really striking.

when all the requests die down (or should I say if? :p ) have you ever thought of making skins for all the vanilla countries in HoI2? :D

Ayeshteni

Ayeshteni said:
Wow, that Finnish one looks fantastic! I love the way you use medals in the sidebar - really striking.

when all the requests die down (or should I say if? :p ) have you ever thought of making skins for all the vanilla countries in HoI2? :D

Ayeshteni

Yes, if .. . .

All the countries? I suppose it would be a challenge . . . but I already wonder whether anyone will actually ever play a game as Nejd or Senusi or the Hejaz in Allenby's 1914 mod and actually ever see the skins I made for them . . . :( or Ireland or Denmark, etc. . . .

I mean I could probably make a realy cool skin for Tannu Tuva . . . but who would care . . . :rofl:

I did make counters for almost all the countries in vanilla that came with blank generic counters, because those you actually see. I got tired of liberating Scotland and Flanders and Quebec and Ukraine and seeing that stupid semaphore flag on the counter. And thats where all this started . . .

Ayeshteni said:

Ayeshteni

Now, on the other hand, if Johan were to call up and say "Yo, Hidd, love your skins! How would you like to make skins for HOI3 at $xx per skin?" Then I might be more motivated to make skins for Guinea Bissau and Yemen, etc . . . :rofl:

Actually, part of the reason I AM doing this (besides enjoying it, and learning more about graphics for teaching) is that I am building a graphics portfolio, and maybe it could prove useful if I decide to switch careers . . . (dreaming madly :rolleyes: :wacko: :eek: :rofl: )

Ayeshteni said:
*blink, blink*

*shrugs*

sorry to annoy you again T-Hiddemen (I wonder if you are pulling your hair out yet at all the requests?)

can I have a scenario pic (like the battlescenario and 1936/1941 etc scenario selecting button thingy).

It will have Ernst Thelmann on the left and Mosley on the right (perhaps the DDR and fascist GB flag)

or I shall leave it to your grand creative genius. :)

that should be all the requests from me for quite a while I think.

Ayeshteni

I hate these . . .192x48 is not my forte :(

but here it is

thal_mos_scenario.bmp