• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
T-hiddemen said:
I am in the middle of the Lindbegh USA skin, would have finished it but my connection went down so I started playing a little HOI2 STony Road, Hard as Germany. The Anschluss and Munich events fired fine, then in early 39 it gave me a choice of partitioning Czecho w/ Tiso or taking everything (less chance) I was greedy and the Czechs chose to fight. No problem, I was planning to anyway . . . but then Poland DOW'd Portugal (in my alliance with Nationalist Spain and Hungary and me) ???? so now I have to fight Poland too and that I was not ready for. Then France invades the Saar . . .I think its time to go back to the old save and be less greedy when that event fires . . .

I had a similar problem in my AAR as Austria, Furious mode... one little war declaration resulted in every major alliance at war with each other and culminated with Romania declaring war on Canada! "Normal" aggression mode is much more forgiving.

Speaking of which... I think I'll switch my Austrian shield to that eagle one on your website; I prefer it to the "Fatherland Front" political party cross.

Passivocalia said:
I had a similar problem in my AAR as Austria, Furious mode... one little war declaration resulted in every major alliance at war with each other and culminated with Romania declaring war on Canada! "Normal" aggression mode is much more forgiving.

Speaking of which... I think I'll switch my Austrian shield to that eagle one on your website; I prefer it to the "Fatherland Front" political party cross.

Hah, I gave up on that game, doing the Italy skin got me interested in trying a hard campaign as Italy . . .

Well, thats why I put the stuff on the web :D Enjoy!!

Lt Hilsdorf said:
Here are the ones that need some fixin. One thing to know is I only have Paint and a beyond crappy internet connection so getting better editing programs would be hard. If want the origanal scan from the book I can also post that.

viccong3mv.png

victang5om.png

victrung9kp.png

here are the touched up leaders, sorry about the names . . .

leader1.bmp
leader2.bmp
leader3.bmp

T-hiddemen said:
Thanks! Did you spot the ahistorical Statue of Liberty? I did that for Enterprizes Turtledove Mod, but I thought, well, maybe, in a Fascist more warlike USA? I can change it if you think it goes to far . . . :rofl:

Oh, HA! I did not notice it! Is thier a story behind that for that Turtledove story or did you make it on your own?

T-hiddemen said:
I did not think I would be able to use all the images in the fullscreen without looking cluttered, but I think it turned out fairly nice . . .

Hope you like it . . . :)

Ah, 'tis a fine skin!

I think this means most of the important Kaiserreich ones are done, and as I can make more simple graphics myself, we can go a bit easier with the requests from this end (for the time being, at least....!)

T-hiddemen said:
I hate these . . .192x48 is not my forte :(

but here it is

thal_mos_scenario.bmp

that is more than adequate, thanks. :D

good luck with your portfolio. Say, do any of your students play HoI2? I can just imagine their faces when they found out all the fantastic artwork in the mod they are playing is yours! :D Kudos.

I know I might start a Finnish game with the Kaisserreich Mod just to see what that Finnish skin looks like in game.

Ayeshteni

Miltiades said:
Oh, HA! I did not notice it! Is thier a story behind that for that Turtledove story or did you make it on your own?

I have not read the newer ones, but E-prize says that in the HT world the USA built the Statue of Liberty holding a sword instead of a torch. I had fun making her into a skin for the Turtledove USA skin a while back . . .

Ayeshteni said:
that is more than adequate, thanks. :D

good luck with your portfolio. Say, do any of your students play HoI2? I can just imagine their faces when they found out all the fantastic artwork in the mod they are playing is yours! :D Kudos.

I know I might start a Finnish game with the Kaisserreich Mod just to see what that Finnish skin looks like in game.

Ayeshteni

Actually, yes, there are 4 that do, three of them visit these forums, Fizzay Money, General Dolphin and P_2_24

Oh and I show off my stuff in class! :) :) I am going to use some of the graphics as examples/how tos this new semester when I teach layers, blending, masking, etc . . .

The HOI2 kids (and others) think the graphics are cool, some of the other kids think we are just geeks :rofl:

The three serious HOI players are also on my chess team so we have that strike against us anyway . . . :rofl: :rofl:

Sarmatia1871 said:
Ah, 'tis a fine skin!

I think this means most of the important Kaiserreich ones are done, and as I can make more simple graphics myself, we can go a bit easier with the requests from this end (for the time being, at least....!)

Good!! I'm glad that I got this big blitz of requests done because starting Monday my time will be less free for a couple of weeks :)

T-hiddemen said:
Actually, yes, there are 4 that do, three of them visit these forums, Fizzay Money, General Dolphin and P_2_24

Oh and I show off my stuff in class! :) :) I am going to use some of the graphics as examples/how tos this new semester when I teach layers, blending, masking, etc . . .

I hope you provide proper context in your lessons and explain all about alternate history, communism in inter-war Germany and the Lapua movement as well - :rofl: !