• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I have downloaded the revoutions compatible version of this mod, (I have revolutions) but when I have choosen one country it keep comng up an error text: "pops in abu dubhai not found' something like that I think... what's the problem? :confused:

I have downloaded the revoutions compatible version of this mod, (I have revolutions) but when I have choosen one country it keep comng up an error text: "pops in abu dubhai not found' something like that I think... what's the problem? :confused:

Wow, you are having quite a problem with that :D

So I'm pretty sure that this thread is dead but on the off chance someones on here ...

Luckily the download is still active. ;)

I was wondering why you can't create satellites ... ?

You can create a satellite if this nation is marked as selectable for you, i.e. you've to own at least one of the provinces listed as minimum in the db/revolt.txt file. If a nation is missing check this file first, but be warned: the vanilla revolt.txt file has huge gaps, so that your preferred satellite might simply be missing.

... and why non of the Naples events will fire?

Well, Naples is U11 (see also its scenario file U11_Naples.inc), while the four Naples events are using U00, which is the tag of the Piratini Republic. A good starting point would be to make a backup copy of the file and replace all U00 with U11. (the nation tags are defined in config/worldnames.csv (i.e. the name of the country) and in db/revolt.txt)

I've also checked the files of Carlist Spain and the Piratini Republic, which are also using a different tag. What a mess. :( Piratini uses U01 instead of U00, while the Carlists use U02 instead of U01. Their events are interlaced with several other countries, e.g. Spain, which have to be revised, too.

After checking the country.csv file, which defines the colours of the political map & sprites and the usage of nation specific sprites, I can tell you that the Uxx tags are assigned slightly different than in the worldnames.csv file... There are no party.csv files for U00-U20, so these will have to be added, too.

However, I've had a quick look at what was converted and some that Wenceslaus had changed the ID tags of several nations, but forgot to do the same in the event files, so a lot of events won't fire. Also he removed Brazil, IIRC, from the start.

Probably because Revolutions adds new countries, that will have their own tags, and don't need to rely on user defined tags.