• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Sleepyhead said:
Should Publishing Industry provide machine parts?

It does in the vanilla game, so I don't see why it shouldn't. Don't forget it's extremely difficult to get your hands on machine parts, especially with lowered efficiency.

Although I lowered the amount of Machine parts you'll get to 4 and Mechanical Production now provides 6.

True, but in several test games (till 1835) I never saw any nations, except the UK, France and Prussia, really extend their industry. But to be honest I didn't test the economy properly yet.

I haven't spoken to Thorgrimm yet since I first saw his message, but I think that at least we'll exchange information, and possibly making the two mods compatible. But their are issues to be adressed first before any final descision is made.

Wannabe Tatar said:
True, but in several test games (till 1835) I never saw any nations, except the UK, France and Prussia, really extend their industry. But to be honest I didn't test the economy properly yet.
Okey, otherwise some small nations could start with the tech.

Today I ran a test game with modified efficiencies of both canned food and small arms factories. I was actually pleased with the results.

Although the Greek War of Independence needs re-balancing. The troops they required to initially hold back the Ottomans are now enough to occupy the European part of the Ottoman Empire. And the Egyptians managed to push all the way to Anatolia. I didn't see any significant increase in Ottoman troop numbers.

Wannabe, glad to see my suggestions helped. :D

Cheers, Thorgrimm

might wanna tweak the Miguelite surrender ecvent, as in a game i saw that Britain joined in the war, occupied half of Portugal, the surrender event came and Britain (who had occupied half of portugal from the Miguelites) now gained all of the land they occupied, and Portugal was stuck with only the 2 top provinces. Its realistic that the British went and helped the portugese out, but they took over all of portugal almost!!! i had to neville the provinces out of thier hands and into the Portugese to make them better!

Kaiser Franz said:
might wanna tweak the Miguelite surrender ecvent, as in a game i saw that Britain joined in the war, occupied half of Portugal, the surrender event came and Britain (who had occupied half of portugal from the Miguelites) now gained all of the land they occupied, and Portugal was stuck with only the 2 top provinces. Its realistic that the British went and helped the portugese out, but they took over all of portugal almost!!! i had to neville the provinces out of thier hands and into the Portugese to make them better!

I noticed that too during a test game. It has been fixed for the next version. It's just a question of adding a few secedeprovince commands before the surrender if you want to fix it yourself.

also doing research, but the provinces of Portland and Bangor int he USA should be given to the UK, untill the Treaty of Ghent which gives them back. This was the only land in the war of 1812 to be held fully by one side.

In September 1814, Sir John Coape Sherbrooke led a British Army into eastern Maine and was successful in capturing Castine, Hamden, Bangor, and Machais. The Americans were given the option of swearing alegiance to the King or quitting the country. The vast majority swore allegiance and were even permitted to keep their firearms. This is the only large tract of territory held by either side at the conclusion of the war and was given back to the United States by the Treaty of Ghent. The British did not leave Maine until April 1815, at which time they took large sums of money retained from duties in occupied Maine, back to Nova Scotia. This money, called the "Castine Fund", was used in the establishment of Dalhousie University, in Halifax, Nova Scotia, and is a lasting reminder of the War of 1812.

so i feel, to give the feel of the war fo 1812 wihtout the USA and Britain at odds with each other you should give Bangor and
Portland to Britain to simulate that the war was still going on, and anyway. It would only be for like a couple of weeks or so.

Thanks, never knew that the British held that. Although, what happens if Britain refuses to ratify the treaty? As it is now, the Treaty of Ghent looks like this:
Code:
##########################################################################
# The Treaty of Ghent

event = {
	id = 109028
	random = no
	country = ENG
	picture = ghent_treaty

name = "The Treaty of Ghent"
	desc = "The Treaty of Ghent, signed on December 24, 1814, in Ghent, Belgium, ended the War of 1812 between the United States and United Kingdom. Fighting continued for several weeks after signing the treaty, because news of the treaty took time to reach North America. President James Madison ratified the treaty on February 17 at which time the ratifications were exchanged. The treaty was proclaimed on February 18, 1815."
	style = 0

date = { day = 18 month = february year = 1815 }

action_a = {
		name = "Sign it"
		command = { type = prestige value = 2 }
		command = { type = relation which = USA value = 15 }
		}
	action_b = {
		name = "Refuse to sign it"
		command = { type = prestige value = -5 }
		command = { type = relation which = USA value = -15 }
		}
	}

So the A option has to receive the secedeprovince commands, but what about the B option? Otherwise it would be an easy choice for a British player. Perhaps B should trigger an US event which will set the US and Britain at war, or the US decides that Britain can have those provinces?

There have been some other changes to the scenario set up. Santa Domingo has been given to Spain, since it didn't became part of Haiti or independent till 1821. And France still has control of Savoy and Nice, but has to secede them somewhere in November 1815 in the Treaty of Paris.

Kaiser Franz said:
nice work......when you thinking of brining a new version out?

Soon, I'm awaiting permission to include the VIP events for Piratini Republic (seperated in 1835) and for the Carlist War. Then a few test games, so hopefully if things go well, Friday or later in the weekend.

Wannabe, I was going to have events acutally fire the war of 1812, giving away turf for free when neither side gained anything from it seems a bit ahistorical, don't you? ;) As Kaiser pointed out, they only had it for a couple of weeks before looting the place and leaving. So a difference that makes no difference should not complicate things.

And some of the events that help raise tension are British impressment of sailors. The event would give the Brits the option to impress sailors and gain manpower at the risk of raising American ire, or not impressing and not gaining the manpower.

But seeing as how now everything including ships costs manpower, one thing the English are desperately short of, it will be a tough choice. :D

Cheers, Thorgrimm

I thought about this, and perhaps you're right. Especially since the treaty itself was signed in December 1814, but didn't get ractified till February 1815. So Britain indeed should lose it.

Although perhaps there should be more changes to the initial startup. IIRC Britain didn't secede Java to the Netherlands till 1816. Plus perhaps many other territories.

what about this....what if the treaty of Ghent for AI will go historically, both sides at peace, but what if for the player, you could go for not sign it, and this would put you back at war each other Then add some cool events for the British wining or Americans wining (take over Canada etc). What say you? the Treaty ended the war, but if one side wouldn't agree then they would still technically be at war....go on....you've got ahistorical events for the unification of Germany....

That is a possibility that I can consider. As for now, I'll just leave it so the human and AI will lose those two provinces.

As for the German unification it's unlikely, but in the late 1810s many German students called for unification. It wasn't till 1820 when the Carlsbad Decrees were decreed by Metternich that student associations were basicly dissolved. Although the event sequence is really bad and should be revised, there should be a possibilty to form Germany earlier.

The following event for Egypt should be altered in order for it to work properly. I've changed it, the changes are bolded:

Code:
# First Textile Industry in Egypt

event = {
	id = 114003
	random = no
	country = EGY

trigger = {
		technology = 3401
		}

name = "The First textile Factory"
	desc = "The first textile factory was established in Cairo, with machines and skilled workers imported from Europe. It was part of Muhammad Ali's ambitious policy of import substitution and was followed by a string of plants for the manufacture of textiles and military equipment as well as the processing of agricultural produce."
	style = 0

date = { day = 1 month = january year = 1816 }
	offset = 30
	deathdate = { day = 1 month = january year = 1825 }

action_a = {
		name = "Great!"
		command = { type = treasury value = -1500 }
		command = { type = gain_building [b]which = 1323 value = fabric_factory[/b]  }
		}
	action_b = {
		name = "Nah, it's too expensive"
		command = { }
		}
	}