• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Wannabe Tatar said:
Spanish Civil War, an event which will fire if you reject the Liberal Constitution. Hey who said it was easy to keep Mexico? I used one tag for Royalist Spain and one for Republican Spain. Although the tag for Royalist Spain can probably be recycled.
VIP use an atg for the Carlist Spain. So you could use the same one. :)

Erispoe said:
VIP use an atg for the Carlist Spain. So you could use the same one. :)

But that would give problems with the actual Carlist War, since Republican Spain has more territories as Carlist Spain has. But that can be resolved by event if necessary.

Wannabe Tatar said:
I admit Sami is probably useless, but it gives some more flavor, at least in my opionion.

You're right, it's useless. The Sami at this time would be aprox. 25,000 people, that's aprox. 6-7 POPs. To grant them a whole new culture of their own seems a bit "overkill" at least from my point of view. How about merging them with the Uralic people?

Wannabe Tatar said:
But seriously, give it a try. It's not like VIP, but it's not like vanilla either ;)

Oh, I will :)

HubU said:
I have a problem: I installed Vic 1.00 + 1.03 + 1.03b + 1.03c + Patched Vic.exe with the no limit 1.03c patch then I installed the mod.

When I start a game, I begin in 1835 :S
WTF ? :(

I made the mod compatible with 1.04. Although I think it should be possible to play with patch 1.03c, although you will get some errors. Which NTL did you use? For patch 1.03c I used the NTL created by unknown. For 1.04, as Walter said, there is not yet a public NTL which allows for the start date to be changed.

G-Klav said:
You're right, it's useless. The Sami at this time would be aprox. 25,000 people, that's aprox. 6-7 POPs. To grant them a whole new culture of their own seems a bit "overkill" at least from my point of view. How about merging them with the Uralic people?

At this stage, with nothing decided about VIP compatibility, I prefer to keep Sami. Merging them with Uralic people is a posibilty, but it depends on a few things. Like VIP compatibility and the development of Russian POPs. Although probably Sami people will be merged with Uralic in the future, at this stage I can't give a decisive answer. But there should be some minorities living there. A 100% Swedish or 100% Norwegian population in the North is a bit weird.

Walter Model said:
Don't you think that's a bit too small minority?

Define small minority. Maltese comes to mind as a "too small minority", same goes for Ainu, Yue, some other Asian and African tribes. There are alot of cultures which meet this criteria.

I recently came to the conclusion that going past 1860 would be a tremendous work to make things work as they are supposed to work. So unless there are big objections the enddate will be set at 30 december 1860.

This will also allow for some modifications in the resource section. I'm currently planning on adding a few new resources. Furs and Ivory will be included, and perhaps later some other colonial goods can be included, like spices and sugar. I would like to hear some comments about these ideas. Or any other resource you would like to see included besides those already mentioned. Although for more to be included we need to shuffle and merge some of the old resources.

That being said. Currently version 1.01 is being constructed and you'll be able to play in 1815 then. See the Patches, Scenarios and Mod list in the General Discussion forum for a link, it's posted by RElee and can be found on page 2.

panzer_general said:
is it in the works to merge this project with VIP?

No, at least not yet. I currently work alone on this mod, so my main area of work is 1815-1835 at this stage. However I don't exclude the possibility of making it VIP compatible, but preferably I would have more people working on this mod then.

Version 1.01 released!!!

After a few weeks of working on this mod I'm proud to announce the release of version 1.01. The changelog is included in the rar file or see the first post of this thread. Several bugfixes have been done, like too short deathdates or wrong triggers have been fixed. Many new events have been included, as well as AI tweaks to all AI files already created.

NOTE: The game now starts in 1815, so first get the no time limit patch here

Get it through Rapidshare or Savefile

Post suggestions, bugs, feedback either here or at the 1815 forum found here

Nice mod, just a few things though:

The State of Mexico is called California
and the pops are funny