• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Actually I posted the link about the same time as you posted this bug.

Replace the current nationalprovinces with this:
Code:
nationalprovinces = {
	1969 1968 1990 1913 1967 1487 1933 1989
	1938 1934 1935 1936 1500 1502 1503 1497
	1496 1505 1506 1941 1922 1942 1947 1954 
	2273 2277 2274 2275 1951 1949 1948 1907 
	1910 2313
	}

Make sure that there is just one } at the end. If there are 2 then the game won't read the rest of the file anymore.

Are you sure? I've blocked all the major historical events. Look in the 1815.txt file in the events section all major events have a # in front of it.

Walter Model said:
Enough cons!

YOUR VERSION WORKS, HOORAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good to hear. Enjoy it!

How do you mean? Can you provide a screenshot?

Ok, I will but now I've just created a Congress of Vienna event. Put this in Austria file :

Code:
############################################################################
# The Congress of Vienna II
############################################################################

event = {
	id = 115000
	random = no
	country = AUS
	picture = congress_vienna

name = "The Congress of Vienna"
	desc = "The Congress of Vienna was a conference between ambassadors from the major powers in Europe that was chaired by the Austrian statesman Klemens Wenzel von Metternich and held in Vienna, Austria, from September 1, 1814, to June 9, 1815. Its purpose was to redraw the continent's political map after the defeat of Napoleonic France the previous spring."
	style = 0

date = { day = 9 month = july year = 1835 }

action_a = {
		name = "The Map of Europe is redrawn"
		command = { type = prestige value = 15 }
		command = { type = independence which = KRA }
		command = { type = make_satellite which = TUS }
		command = { type = make_satellite which = PAR }
		command = { type = make_satellite which = LUC }
		command = { type = make_satellite which = MOD }
		}
	}

###########################################################################
# The Congress of Vienna I
###########################################################################

event = {
	id = 115004
	random = no
	country = AUS

desc = "The Congress of Vienna was a conference between ambassadors from the major powers in Europe that was chaired by the Austrian statesman Klemens Wenzel von Metternich and held in Vienna, Austria, from September 1, 1814, to June 9, 1815. Its purpose was to redraw the continent's political map after the defeat of Napoleonic France the previous spring."
	style = 0

date = { day = 8 month = july year = 1835 }

action_a = {
		name = "We will have the Congress!"
		command = { type = trigger which = 115000 }
		}
        action_b = {
                name = "Europe shall remain!"
                command = { type = prestige which = -50 }
	        }
	}

I've added a small (5) prestige bonus to the A option (big and important event) But I'm not sure if it should trigger 115000. Since it's about to fire the next day anyway. And even if you reject it it will still fire. Perhaps it's better as a flavor event since the congress started in 1814 IIRC

The event
Code:
 ##################################################  #########################
# The Congress of Vienna I
##################################################  #########################

event = {
	id = 115006
	random = no
	country = AUS

style = 0

date = { day = 8 month = july year = 1835 }

action_a = {
		name = "We will have the Congress!"
		command = { type = prestige value = 5 }
		}
        action_b = {
                name = "Europe shall remain!"
                command = { type = prestige which = -15 }
	        }
	}

About your error, I never seen that one before. Is it a one time thing, or does it happen more often. I'll try and see if I can duplicate this.

Walter Model said:
It doesn't make sense to NOT trigger the congress proper event. That means saying you won't have it and you'll still have it :confused:

About the research thing, I guess i'll just have to get used to it

Well, we can always end up with adding sleepevent commands for the appropriate events to be slept. So if Austria rejects it, then the Congress of Vienna event won't fire for Prussia/Russia/France etc.

About the research thingy, I'll do some more testing. Try to see if you can duplicate it. If it happens again, or if you saved it, can you sent me the save game?

I've written some events for Holland conserning Belgium and the start of the Walloon seperation process. The actual Belgian Revolution in Holland is known as the Walloon Revolution, we actually suspected that the French were behind the rioting in Brussels.

Tell me how you can duplicate this bug, then I can try to reproduce it and crush this bug

Let me know how it goes. And if this bug reappears.