• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Wannabe, that is a great idea. And Andrelvis's event would be good for the RoN mod which starts in 1792.

And I agree with you on the difficulty of modeling slavery in the game. For example, the Dutch brought Asiatic slaves into south Africa. And The English enslavement of the Irish.

Man has been enslaving man since the invention of agriculture, before that they just killed their prisoners, unfortunately. :wacko:

Cheers, Thorgrimm

If you want you can use it in the 1792 mod ;)

Oh, btw, we could also model the indentured labourers being brought from india/asia to the americas/south africa.

Andrelvis, that is a good idea, as the African slave trade only took off when the colonies could not find any indentured servants to assign to the colonies. At least in the British colonies. As for the Spanish colonies they burned through slaves at a terrifying rate so needed the Trade much earlier.

You think you could adapt your event for the RoN mod? ;) :D

Cheers, Thorgrimm

There are two ways, either you just quit after 1920 or you've to mod the exe manually.

T'ung Dynasty said:
how to mod the exe manually??

You've to edit the exe with a hex-editor. See this post for more details.

(sc)chronos said:
How do i use this mod? I downloaded it but there is only the "changelogv1.02.txt" so what will i do now?

Just extract it with winrar. The latest version always includes previous versions.

DesertFoxx said:
Does this scenario begin before or after Napoleon's 100 days?

The mod starts on the first of January. The 100 days will be modelled by event(s) but those could still use a lot of work.

A few points:

At the start of the scenario several Russian divisions are stationed in Warsaw, is that a leftover from the GC or intented?

When Russia inherits Poland she also inherits all the Polish divisions, which isn't correct. Russia also gets alot of prestige and climbs alot in the rankings.
I scripted these events, what do you think of them?

Code:
event = {
	id =  117102
	random = no
	country = POL

trigger = {
		ai = yes
		control = { province = 412 data = RUS }
		occupied = { country = POL data = 6 }
		}

name = "End of the Russo-Polish War"
	desc = "With Warsaw occupied by Russian forces, the uprising was broken and Poland was brought back in the Russian Empire"

date = { day = 1 month = february year = 1831 }
	offset = 30
	deathdate = { day = 30 month = may year = 1835 }

action_a = {
		name = "OH NOES!"
		command = { type = delete_unit which = -1 } #1
		command = { type = delete_unit which = -1 } #2
		command = { type = delete_unit which = -1 } #3
		command = { type = delete_unit which = -1 } #4
		command = { type = delete_unit which = -1 } #5
		command = { type = army_revolt value = 50 } #The rest has a 50% change of revolting
		command = { type = secedestate which = RUS value = 364 when = 1  } #Congress Poland except Warsaw
		command = { type = trigger which = 113004 } # RUS
		}	
	}

event = {
	id = 113004
	random = no
	country = RUS

#triggered by POL 117102

name = "End of the Russo-Polish War"
	desc = "With Warsaw occupied by Russian forces, the uprising was broken and Poland was brought back in the Russian Empire"

action_a = {
		name = "Huzzah!"
		command = { type = inherit which = POL }
		command = { type = pop_militancy which = polish value = 1 }
		}	
	}

I also noticed that Norway isn't included in the unification of Scandinavia. VIP has a good version of it.

Those events look great! I'll include them.

As for the initial Russian divisions, it's mostly a left over from the GC. IIRC there are 3 divisions stationed there, which is too much. But 1 division should be appropriate since there were Russian troops stationed in Warsaw.

I'll look in to the unification of Scandinavia, but it will be fixed. Also I'm planning to look in to the 1848 revolutions, but there is still much too do, especially for one person ;)

Sleepyhead said:
Wasn't there some talk about incorporating this with the Napoleon mod?

Yes, there was/is. Unfortunately there hasn't been a good discussion between me and Thorgrimm about some issues (like tags) so nothing is final yet.

Just a small update of what is about to come. Due to RL and health reasons I wasn't able to do as much work as I wanted, but since I'll go on holiday next week for 4 weeks I want to release a new version before I leave.

So what has been done? New events, including an improved Brazilian Independence sequence. I've included the Carlist War events and the War of the Tatters from VIP. Further more I've created two events to end the Crimean War since that bugs me a lot in the Vanilla game.
Some tag changes in Spain, Republican Spain now uses the CAT tag while Carlist Spain uses the U02 tag. Portugal has been made a satellite of Britain and Brazil is now independent, but becomes a satellite of Portugal when the Royal court goes home and becomes independent when Pedro stays.
Also Spain starts now with 20 clipper convoys already assigned, this is to prevent a player from pausing in the beginning and build a few transports and ferry it's starting troops to South America.
Also Cyprus and Crete can't declare their independence any more. Texas can now only declare independence (through revolt) after 1835.

What is still going to be done? There will be more events, including an option for Britain, France and Russia to intervene when the Ottomans start advance too far in Greece.

I got a couple of question for people who already played this mod.
If playing Spain or OE:How easy was it to crush the rebellions? And what tactics did you use?
If playing somebody else: How did those countries (Spain/OE) fare during the course of the
game, did Spain lose its colonies in South and Central America? Did Gran Columbia collapse and did the Bolivian-Peruvian confederation form?
Did the OE lose against Greece and after that did they lose against Egypt?

Other comments and suggestions are greatly appreciated!

As for future plans (version 1.04 and further), I want to make several AIs for almost all countries, but this most likely won't happen untill version 1.04/1.05. I also have planned a rework for the Opium Wars and the Taiping Rebellion. As some enhancements for the 1848 revolutions (I've planned to include the
VIP events for Austria and Italy). The Second Ottoman Egypt War will be reworked aswell. Possible new revolters will include Yucatan, Syria, Palestia, Iraq, Taiping and Mongolia. Possible new nations are Sulu Sultanate and various African Tribes. Although I'm currently considering using either a seperate tag for the United Kingdom of the Netherlands or a possible Holland revolter for a possible northern secession instead of a southern one. Although this probably can be resolved without using an extra tag.

Opinions about this?

Version 1.03 is now available! Download it from my sig or from the first post of this thread.

Hi,

I downloaded 1.2 (yesterday actually), and I plan to download 1.3 now. I have just one thing that bothers me. It's not game breaking, but I feel it should be done because it's more historically accurate.

The Bourbon Restoration, as you have modelled it, has voting rights at "Wealth", until 1824. That however, is wrong. Voting in restoration was limited to men with VERY considerable property holdings, thus I feel "Landed" voting is more sensiable.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bourbon_Restoration

Thanks, I'll chance that. Unfortunately I'm not able to work on the mod now, since like I stated earlier I'm on holiday.

I'm back! I already fixed all the bugs reported over at the 1815 forum, including the error messages and the Danish declaring war in january 1815.

Now I've planned to write many new events for the Great Game, as well as add an ahistorical path for Spain allowing the South American countries some independence.

A lot still has to be done on this mod, and I could use people helping me out with this mod. A lot of events still have to be written, event sequences expanded, AIs written, parties created and pops still have to be reworked for most of the world. So are there people who wish to help me with this?