• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
How exactly do you mean the state of Mexico is called California? I've however seen Mexico form in California, if that is what you mean. But the actual California state is the current day, California. I didn't chance any states in North/South America, except the Spanish setup.

As for the pops, only western Europe, the Baltics and Austria-Hungary have been done so far but even they aren't final yet, so yes it can look weird sometimes.

I mean when I click on Mexico it says California not the nation but the state

As who are you playing? And where are you clicking? To be honest i've no idea what you're talking about :confused:

I understand. When you click on Mexico it is a state called "California" and it is super-size. Don't worry though, if somebody but Spain owns it, then the places occupied by that certain nation will divide into smaller states. I noticed this when as Spain I had states like the whole of Venezuela or Columbia, but when they occupy them they break up. Nothing is wrong.

Wannabe Tatar said:
As who are you playing? And where are you clicking? To be honest i've no idea what you're talking about :confused:
Spain

yah but its still called California

Ok, I see what you mean. California consists of only on current day california (nothing else included) and the name will remain the same, since naming it would become permanent and also historically it was called California.

could you give us a few screenshots to show me how Europe, America and such like look...

also, i might be able to help, as i did start off and research a 1792 mod, which got, well to a degree, nowhere, but still..i might find the time to give a little input!

Sure thing, here is Europe. Note that Finland and Poland are satellites of Russia and Norway is a satellite of Sweden. Finland is independent because IIRC Russia allowed Finland to have a greater part of autonomy. I made Germany and Italy the way you described earlier in this thread. And the Netherlands controls Belgium. If need to be I can make better screenshots of Europe.

22ce78a0.jpg

North America
a3edb4f8.jpg

South America. Note that Venezuela and Argentina are independent for two reasons. First is that it would be interesting to play those countries, second countries who appear later in the game don't seem to get their leaders. The country to the south is Patagonia. And the Falklands are uncolonized.

3f6948be.jpg

Was Brazil Independent in 1815?

Mezzo said:
Was Brazil Independent in 1815?
No, Brazil only became independent in 1822. However, it had been the site of the relocation of the Portuguese royal family in 1807, when France invaded Portugal. In 1815, the family still resided in Brazil and the relationship between Portugal and Brazil was altered from Brazil being a colony of Portugal to Brazil and Portugal being tied together by an Act of Union, with Brazil becoming a kingdom. In response to political turbulence in Portugal, the ruler of Portugal and Brazil left for Portugal in 1821, and his son, Dom Pedro, remained in Brazil as Regent. The following year, Brazil, reacting against attempts by Portugal to curtail its autonomy, declared its independence under the leadership of Dom Pedro.

This is the problem i described earlier

ScreenSave2.jpg

Ok, I see. My guess is that this "superstate" takes its name from the first state listed by aphabet, which is California I think. I'll add Baja California to the California state and see what it is named then.

EDIT: Done that, now it's called Sonora

Kaiser Franz said:
can you give us a larger picture of Europe please..i wanna see how you handled Germany closer! thanks for the other pic tho!

Sure, here you go.

Germany:
2.jpg

Italy:
3.jpg

Not to be nit picky but Poland ceased to be with the third partition of Poland between Russia, Austria and Prussia. Even the Congress of Vienna never revived Polish independence. It was only around as the Grand Duchy of Warsaw under Napoleon. And when he fell so did the idea of Polish independence till the 20th century and the first world war.

But then again, if this is a fantasy based mod, go for it. :D

Cheers, Thorgrimm

I occupied all of Greece, and yet, no surrender event ever came up. So I looked in both the Greek and Ottoman event folders, and there was none...if the idea is to change history, shouldn't I be able to actually win the Greek war as the Ottomans? ;) Especially since I won in mid-1822, before any major foreign intervention even came about.

Thorgrimm said:
Not to be nit picky but Poland ceased to be with the third partition of Poland between Russia, Austria and Prussia. Even the Congress of Vienna never revived Polish independence. It was only around as the Grand Duchy of Warsaw under Napoleon. And when he fell so did the idea of Polish independence till the 20th century and the first world war.

But then again, if this is a fantasy based mod, go for it. :D

Cheers, Thorgrimm

Poland existsed in this time period as the existed as the Congress of Poland. It had limited autonomy, its own army and a liberal constitution. And in game this is represented by Poland being a satellite of Russia.

SeanB said:
I occupied all of Greece, and yet, no surrender event ever came up. So I looked in both the Greek and Ottoman event folders, and there was none...if the idea is to change history, shouldn't I be able to actually win the Greek war as the Ottomans? Especially since I won in mid-1822, before any major foreign intervention even came about.

There should be a surrender event for Greece if the Ottomans own all of the mainland of Greece. However there should be more as 1 surrender event I think, depending on the time period in which you'll win, in mid 1822 it should be possible for the Ottomans to retake all Greece without too much foreign powers being upset, but in 1826-1827 it would cause a bigger unrest among the Great Powers, especially Russia. At least that's what I think about it.

Wannabe Tartar wrote:

Poland existsed in this time period as the existed as the Congress of Poland. It had limited autonomy, its own army and a liberal constitution. And in game this is represented by Poland being a satellite of Russia.

I think you may want to check how much real autonomy Poland had. Also check who were the commanders of the 'Polish army'. After all 'autonomy' is a fancy word for saying I will let you think you are free, so you will be quiet. :D

The Poles true freedom was about the level of native American 'autonomy' on thier reservations. As long as they play the game, they are left alone. But let them try and go their own way and you will see the hammer slam down on them. Same thing with the Poles.

Their 'army' was nothing more than renamed Russian divisions. But then again, most folks believe the propaganda nations spew, and never really check the true situation. :D

This line of inquiry began when a friend of mine who was born in Poland saw the screenie with Poland independent in 1815, and burst out in a real harsh string of Polish epithets. He was the one who informed me of the true situation during that time period. As his family lived there during the time. ;)

Cheers, Thorgrimm