• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(6116)

Captain
Oct 18, 2001
planeta.clix.pt
Did you know Hitler liked Mickey Mouse a lot?

Re: Re: Hitler and Mickey Mouse

Originally posted by The Aztec VII
Did you know Hitler liked Mickey Mouse a lot? really I didn't know Mickey mouse was anti-semitic

I didn't post that...:D
Yet, Hitler liked Mickey Mouse a lot...

Every child and adult knows Mickey Mouse, the cheery character in comics and movies. Created in America by Walt Disney, Mickey Mouse first appeared in Germany in 1930. Especially after the Second World War, the Mouse became popular as a comic strip hero, mascot and promotional vehicle. The exhibition's 250 items show a Mouse who appears in many different forms and whose popularity is undiminished today.

Since the Mickey Mouse figure was not licensed up to 1933, it initially appeared in Germany in various forms. A Rosenthal tea service for children and a little tin Mickey Mouse beating a drum illustrate the variety of "manifestations" typical of that epoch. In 1933, American licensing regulations stipulated Mickey Mouse's appearance and especially his manner. He was to be friendly, helpful and courteous at all times. This image helped the little mouse to become a big commercial success.

Especially movies made Mickey Mouse a household word in Germany: His film debut was in 1928 in "Steamboat Willie", a five-minute black and white animated cartoon with sound, in which Walt Disney himself did the voice. The first appearance in colour - "The Band Concert" - followed not long after in 1935. Mickey Mouse movies were often box-office sellouts for weeks.

After Hitler's takeover in 1933, Mickey Mouse initially remained on the German scene; but in 1941, when war was declared on the USA, he was banned in Germany. At US Government behest, Walt Disney countered with anti-Hitler films and cartoons caricaturing Hitler. After the Second World War, Mickey Mouse returned to West Germany and firmly established his reputation as a comics hero.

The Mickey Mouse image of today was formed mainly in the fifties. The entire production range of the era of the "economic miracle" - records, posters, figures of all kinds - attests to the enduring popularity of Mickey Mouse among all ages.

In:
http://www.hdg.de/Final/eng/page419.htm

Still Hitler liked the character, though he declared Mickey Mouse an enemy of the Third Reich, when he became a propaganda character for the US and against Hitler .
Well, as you well know, there's always time for Mickey...:D

Don't know much about Mickey Mouse's feelings, but Walt Disney's antisemitism is pretty well documented. Although this was more US-style, snobbish antisemitism; as a producer of motion pictures, Disney regularly met with and conducted business with prominent Jewish film moguls like Selznick et al.

Originally posted by Falcão

Since the Mickey Mouse figure was not licensed up to 1933, it initially appeared in Germany in various forms.

There's more. Hitler suspended the German constitution the very same year and started building the dreaded Luftwaffe. The same year H.P Lovecraft wrote "Winged Death". H.P Lovecraft was scary and so was Hitler. So Mickey Mouse is either Hitler or Lovecraft. Whichever it is? :D

Regards,

EoE

Maybe Mickey Mouse liked Hitler secretely...
Boy, i'm thinking on banning Mickey Mouse in my house.No, i like the mouse...
And Keynes and Emperor that's some good information...

well, Mussolini liked very much Charlie Chaplin moovies - and so did hitler - before "the dictator" I presume. On mussolini case, he hadto stop publicly watching Charlie Chplin movies after Italy's alliance with Germany since these were banned in gemany...
what a bunch of pshychos...

pehaps saddam and osama like Toy sotory or Monster inc. ?

Bin Laden must like those and Wacky Races, Snoopy, Rugrats, and other non-belic cartoons.:D

Re: ^_^

Originally posted by Lord xEnderx
I get a better picture of Bin Laden watching Die Hard and rooting for the terrorists....

Yes specially Die Hard 2, translating word by word from the portuguese title, "Assault to the Airport" oh yes and number one, "Assault to the Skyscraper".

Re: Re: ^_^

Originally posted by Falcão

Yes specially Die Hard 2, translating word by word from the portuguese title, "Assault to the Airport" oh yes and number one, "Assault to the Skyscraper".

AHAHA, lol nice translation :)

Re: Re: Re: ^_^

Originally posted by Licou

AHAHA, lol nice translation :)

And it is so true...in portuguese this would be "Assalto ao aeroporto- die hard 2" and "assalto ao arranha-céus -die hard 1".
Arranha-Céus is a Skyscraper, being Céus-Sky and Arranha-Scraper.
Strange language isn't it?

Well, a favorite of mine is also the Danish translation of Die hard 3:

"Die Hard - with a vengeance!" was apparently to complicated for Danish viewers, so they reduced it to "Die Hard - Megahard!".

Note how both titles are in English - that is one hell of a translation.....:D

Originally posted by bogh
Well, a favorite of mine is also the Danish translation of Die hard 3:

"Die Hard - with a vengeance!" was apparently to complicated for Danish viewers, so they reduced it to "Die Hard - Megahard!".

Note how both titles are in English - that is one hell of a translation.....:D

That completes the trilogy:D
The only thing wrong is that Die Hard 1 happened after Die Hard 2.
Well the third is the revenge...

Just imagine:
Hitler watching a Mickey Mouse cartoon and laughing at it.
Your picture of both will change forever.

It has already changed in relation to Mickey Mouse...
Poor fella...:D

And to make it even weirder, keep in mind that Mickey is black, in fact the first black superstar...;)