• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
tarakan said:
Anti Commie
How about porting Daim AI to Kaiserreich. I tried on my own and got quickly nowhere. Japanese AI transfers best from Daim. other AI have many dependencies and interests in areas that they should not have interests in KRiech. So I kinda put it off. but the Japanese AI I mooded from Daim owns. Mostly because the Daim Japan AI OWNS

I may look into this as well. Am I correct in thinking that I'm the only one here who has a (albeit quite limited) idea about AIs? As this is a very important area, it really needs quite a bit of work!

dan14444 said:
I tried to play this mod and ATR and bump into BAD exploit - join alliance with strong nation, control their units, crush them over enemy, breake alliance, occupy both immediately...
Any idea how to disable control of allied nations units and possibility of joined nations to initiate war without breaking alliance?

Probably not - as I've said in the All the Russias thread, this seems to be more an issue with vanilla HOI2, so I'm not sure if anything can be done with it...

Sarmatia1871 said:
Probably not - as I've said in the All the Russias thread, this seems to be more an issue with vanilla HOI2, so I'm not sure if anything can be done with it...

Aye it's a house-rule for most HoI2 players I believe not to use military control over powerful nations.

tarakan said:
Anti Commie
How about porting Daim AI to Kaiserreich. I tried on my own and got quickly nowhere. Japanese AI transfers best from Daim. other AI have many dependencies and interests in areas that they should not have interests in KRiech. So I kinda put it off. but the Japanese AI I mooded from Daim owns. Mostly because the Daim Japan AI OWNS

Integrating DAIM is something Sarmy has considered I believe, I however have no idea how to mod AI or how to integrate :eek:o but if you could offer any assistance I'm sure we'd be glad for the help! I know I'd be very grateful :D

anti-commi said:
hey guys since i don't have a mod to work on any more i decided to join as an idea/occational-mod-assister

alrighty then just letting you know

Glad to have you aboard :D

Aye it's a house-rule for most HoI2 players I believe not to use military control over powerful nations.

Another house-rule must be - never start war of something while joined to alliance (similar ugly exploit).
But I have games with "house rules"... May be it is possible to forbit joining alliances for player-controlled countries somehow? In vanila it is done for Russia and Germany by placeing them as leaders of comintern/nazi...

in the Kaiserreich forum i asked about what gemany should be Offensive or defensive, but instead of waiting for an answer i havd done it already, i also changed the italy ai to match the papel land and non-offensiveness, Japan's ai is in here to
all was with DAIM
New AI Files

Also remember that I've already quite significantly modified the vanilla German AI for Kaiserreich, so it friends and trades with the correct countries, keeps troops at the relevant boundaries and keeps its fleets in the colonies.

So, a straight conversion of the DAIM might not be the best way forward...

dan14444 said:
Another house-rule must be - never start war of something while joined to alliance (similar ugly exploit).
But I have games with "house rules"... May be it is possible to forbit joining alliances for player-controlled countries somehow? In vanila it is done for Russia and Germany by placeing them as leaders of comintern/nazi...

Not sure it's neccessary, if people want to play easy games they chose too.

ATM it's when Sarmy can integrate everything, we have no real mod leader other than Sarmatia who's the 'father' of the mod, but short on time atm (dissertation I believe).

Between catching up on this rather extensive forum, downloading the beta mod and doing my usual HoI start-up routine of playing for a game month as most of the major countries, you guys have cost me several good nights of sleep :rofl:

Great mod, but do have a couple of queries;
1) Shouldn't Germany start with the Fleet-in-being naval tech branch as opposed to the vanilla Indirect warfare?
2) Royalist Britain is a tad short of officers, especially given that the bulk of the RN has sided with the king, surely that would imply the bulk of the Admirals too (maybe including those of the 'old school', Pound, Blackhouse, Chatfield, etc.)
3) and on a minor level, Goering and Himmler surely would be absent from the 2nd Reich's officer corps (the former busy with his colonial exi... I mean responsibilities, the latter busy on a Bavarian Chicken farm)

Would love to help out with this excellent project if I can, what I lack in skill I make up in enthusiasm and a kean interst in history that didn't happen :)

:) Cool - many of these problems are under review, but dividing up the British officers in line with the new political situation is something that slipped my mind.

And more help and enthuasiasm is always appreciated. You can check out our subforum (link in my sig - there's even more discussions relating to this mod than the 100-odd pages here!) to see what's in development and discussion at the moment, but feel free to argue or start new topics.

....and so people on the main forums can know that work is still underway, here is the latest update report from the subforum:

People will be pleased to know that the latest phase of my furious writing activity is now over (30,000 words, with 350 footnotes - :eek: !! ), so, I'll actually have some opportunity to do some stuff here now over the next few weeks.

There are a few main areas I'm thinking of starting on:

* Integrating/Editing what's been posted here, or has already been started by me (eg. Balkan, Ausgleich and American additions; coding rest of Eastern State events)
* Domestic events for Britain and France.
* Get started (finally!) on the German internal events.
* The Sixth Conference on Imperial Federation in Vancouver
* Or perhaps further Chinese and Ottoman events...

So, to put matters to the popular vote, what do people want done first?
(Once at least two of these are completed and tested out a bit, Beta II can come out, hopefully accompanied by a blaze of propaganda!)