• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
anti-commi said:
load the kaiserreich scenerio further down

:p - Hmmm, seems I should definitely put this in the instructions!

Also, has anyone found a definite way to make the Kaiserreich scenario appear at the top?

Seylanov said:
I found that the EUG kaisserreich file is bugged (cancel = no for a treaty isn't recognized)
The 00provincemods.inc file is bugged (doesn't accept line 1453 for some reason, deleting said line didn't help so I took out the file itself) , the ai_revolters is bugged (free_ic not recognized) and the vast majority, if not all AI files are bugged in either the garrisoning or IC use parts (I made sure about 1/4 are bugged, then picked out AI files at random to check them for bugs, and all of them were so I'm assuming all the others are bugged as well).
This is literally making the game unplayable, I tried redownloading, I launched it on a fresh install of HoI2, I don't know what I'm doing wrong.
Is it a Doomsday mod now or something?

Bizarre! In what way are the bugged, and has anyone else had similar problems like this?

Also, are you sure you're using patch 1.3b? I seem to recall there were similar problems when people tried to use the mod with earlier patches...

Bizarre! In what way are the bugged, and has anyone else had similar problems like this?
I believe I stated in what way they were bugged (I can try to clear it up, though)
Also, are you sure you're using patch 1.3b? I seem to recall there were similar problems when people tried to use the mod with earlier patches...
I could've sworn I was, but god knows my attention span isn't the best.
I'll try again.

Gentlemen and gentleladies?

I have downloaded your intriguing MOD and have loaded it up as per easy to follow instructions. Somewhere aloing the way I must have done something wrong or have a corrupted file. I get an error report which I ignore and the game loads - but while the names have been changed to protect the innocent - the map looks as per 1936 GC.

I have notime limit MOD and GIP would either of these cause me problems?

therev said:
Sirs, I thank you for your responses. I am disappointed in your attitude though. I downloaded the MOD from a signature. I went and looked at the first post - and attempted to follow the instructions. I will try to again follow the said instructions.

Forgive our friend, we just get that question a lot :)

Sarmatia1871 said:
Cool - I think I posted a link to the Spanish event maker a page or two ago - it should make learning to create events much easier!

Alright, I'll check it out when I have the time... the past week or so has been a little hectic (I haven't really had much time to play of late... I am almost to 1941 now).

Re: AI - Please keep up the testing, as this is very useful and has a lot of potential! I think I also made some changes to the way the German AI uses its fleets (eg. stationing them in its new colonies), so possibly some editing of the DAIM one may be in order.

Regarding Europe... France had its deterministic war event (as did Britain... but Britain elected to "stay on their island") and attacked Germany. They made it a few provinces into belgium and then did nothing. Germany pushed them back to the French border... and then did nothing. I'm actually a little confused with Germany's performance, as the push through France should be something that it is scripted for. We'll see how they perform once they have started getting more troops (right now Germany only has around 6 divisions a province along the front line with France... it also could be that the AI to invade France is initiated by either the declaration of war on the low countries or the fall of Poland... either of which may need adjusting). Meanwhile Turkestan continues to create the Caliphate in central Asia. Other than that I'll keep you informed when I get the chance to continue playing.

Also, does the German (or any other) AI manage to make any overseas invasions? I'd guess the Japanese would be designed to do this, but it would be interesting to know whether attacking unprotected colonial holdings could be easily worked into a default AI, without needing loads of different context based ones....

Not from what I've seen. In their war against Japan they put a lot of troops into China and heavily garrisoned their possesions in the South Pacific... however most of the rest of the Heer was in Europe (which is good... the French border needed watching). It could also be that Japan doesn't really have many island possessions at the start... so most of the ones that they do have are garrisoned by the time Japan and Germany go to war)

Sorry to bother you all again.... but..... I have downloaded and redownloqaded the mod, I have followed instructions (I think) several times. I actually have found the little mod changer dohicky very useful for all the other mods I like to play now and then. I cannot get your Mod to work. Maybe I'm missing somethhing. When it says the start game using Kaisereich does that mean in the list of campaigns on the left hand side of the start screen? If so, I have done that - but still all I get are a change in names and some brilliant flags. Please believe me when I say, I have tried valiantly to follow your instructions - I must have missed something. Help!!!!!