• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
tarakan said:
Do you think that the english should have the infiltration tree? since now they are limited in manpower more so than in vanilla? like the japanese were in vanilla.

Might give them a Russian style "choose your doctrine" event, as they're supposed to be pretty pacifistic at the beginning.

SeanB said:
True, however, Germany was also big on creating new ways of waging war against it's enemies, even when it was already winning. For example, the Stormtrooper divisions were made to quickly break through the French lines before the bulk of the US troops could arrive, and did quite a good job, and might have succeeded had the original strategy been followed to the letter. I think they would still see the usefulness in Blitzkrieg. After all, the quicker you can end the war, the better.

Then again, some of the more old fashion Junker Generals might have opposed the new-fangled doctrine. ;)

Plus for the past 15 years, Germany has only really been fighting colonial policing actions in South India, China, the Middle East and Africa.

Would possibly cause an over-reliance on local auxilliaries, big guns, and maybe air-power, rather than tanks...

Seylanov said:
Hey, this is very experimental, but what about Russia's conversion to Catholicism?
If Denikin and the conservatives take power, this might seem like a good move to switch to a similiar yet new church, not only getting rid off the corruption of the old church in the eyes of the people, but also managing to dissascociate themselves from the bad parts of the Romanov past and associate themselves with the good parts through religion.
Of course the mod still needs to be worked on to integrate already announced aspects, but when said work is more or less done, think about adding this in.
And if there is no conversion, possibly a holy war with the Turks which results in retaking Constantinople to raise Russia's prestige among the Orthodox nations?
Also, I remember I volunteered to look over OOBs a while ago, but only did so for Belarus before you disappeared.
If you'll tell me where the OOBs of Russia (and possibly other Slavis language nations, in particular Serbia, Ukraine and Bulgaria) I could look over and filter out the innapropriate ones.
Minor work, but why not do it for a slight bit more authenticity?

I'd also guess the Catholicism option might be a bit unlikely for this period - I was more imagining a great popular move towards a 'purified' Orthodoxy amongst the currently still gigantic peasant population, than adopting Catholicism.

:D Was definitely planning a Holy War to retake Constantinople though (although Russia would need to get some half-decent Black Sea provinces to make this viable....)

Any help improving the Slavic OOBs would be great - they're all pretty much taken from the vanilla Soviet and German OOBs, so a lot of them are going to be horribly innacurate!

They're all included in the 'Kaiserreich\Scenarios\Kaisserreich<<Country Name>>.inc" section -> Scroll down and it will look like this (to give an existing example from the Cossacks file):

Code:
#########  OOB (...)
landunit = {
 	id = { type = 17349     id = 1 }
 	name = "Don Cossack Host"
	 location = 1847

division = {
   		id = { type = 17349     id = 2 }
   		name = "Gor'kovskaya' Div."
   		strength = 100
   		type = infantry
             	}

division = {
  		id = { type = 17349     id = 3 }
   		name = "1. Kavaleriyskaya Diviziya"
   		strength = 100
   		type = cavalry
             	}

division = {
   		id = { type = 17349     id = 4 }
   		name = "2. Kavaleriyskaya Diviziya"
   		strength = 100
  	 	type = cavalry
             	}
            	}

SeanB said:
Germany would have likely had a more grounded peace time docrtine, but I don't think they would have completely ignored new tactics like Blitzkrieg, assuming it was still developed, and that is a big if.
As I've said, Britain also resorted to "stormtrooper" tactics late in WWI. In fact, Britain and France were using way more tanks compared to Germans. However by WWII British and French doctrines were not exactly spearhead :rolleyes:

Ex Soviet/communist states:
Armenia has no OOBs.
Azerbaijan has the 189th ,169th and 130th riflemen divisions, at best reduce numbers.
Belarus has the 180-180nd riflemen divisions, the 16 Ul'yankovsk division (named in honor of Lenin) the 3rd Pacific Ocean division (Belarus having access to the pacific seems quite unlikely) as well as the 22nd Krasnodar division (Krasnodar="Red Gift" or "Beautiful Gift", but has inherent communist meaning and is nowhere near Belarus)
Bohemia has some specialized division names (i.e. nth armor or nth cavalry) but otherwise is fine.
Bosnia has the second Yugoslav army as well as the 10th Bosnian (I can assume it's infantry, but I don't speak Bosnian and am making assumptions based on the other slavic languages) division and the 17th Vrbaska division (also infantry), with Vrbaska being somewhere in Bosnia, so it's ok.
Bulgaria has some standard Bulgarian OOBs in the beggining, but then changes to Yugoslavian, followed by Italian, and finally by Greek OOBs.
Low priority, but I'd preffer not to see Bulgaria utilising the Stratos Ellenas.
The Cossacks have a Gorykovskaya division, which is based on an unknown to me Russian last name (Gorykov not to be confused with Gorykiy), but otherwise is fine.
Croatia has the King's Territorial Army (fine for when Croatia is a kingdom, but otherwise could be made more neutral), a bunch of numbered infantry divisions from various parts of Yugoslavia, Italian OOBs for the airforce and the Yugoslavian King's Navy for naval OOBs.
Galician army is in Polish, with no apparent problems (I no longer count non consecutive numbering or specific division types as that're more or less unfixable and unnoticeable to most).
Georgian OOBs are in Russian and include two Bicycle Corps designations as army names (might want to change that) as well as a few random Soviet infantry division numbers, and the Kiev riflemen division.
Greece is fine from what I see, but my knowledge of Greek is highly limited.
Hungary does not have anything obviously pro communist or fascist from what I see, but the Magyar language is different from the Slavic ones and I'm only reviewing Hungary because it's in the east.
The Kazakh have non descript Soviet infantry, and the Vitebsk, Perm, Saratov, Smolensk and Boguchar division.
None of those places are in Kazakhstan.
More later.

No, they were quite defensive, but remember one thing: Northern France was torn up in WWI. Germany wasn't. In this time line as well. The war never really came to Germany, and mass civilian casualties weren't nearly as bad. This is one of the reasons the French army was so defensive...and low morale. They didn't even really know what they were fighting for. More devestation? France was all caught up in its Maginot line.

Edit: But no, I guess you do not need Stormtroopers to put down colonial revolts. :p All I'm saying is that I don't think the Blitzkrieg doctrine would have been completely ignored in Germany.

also, shouldn't the French not have a mass attack doctrine because, they were low on manpower and would have needed to win a war quickly and also, the people have had enough trench wars, they don't need more deaths.

GeneralHannible said:
also, shouldn't the French not have a mass attack doctrine because, they were low on manpower and would have needed to win a war quickly and also, the people have had enough trench wars, they don't need more deaths.
Well, mass attack doctrine is a part of the trench warfare tree :rolleyes:
Mobility focus seems more appropreate for them...

Right. Getting locked down into trench warfare would be the worst thing that could happen to France. The memory of the horrible casualties suffered in TGW are still fresh in the minds of the parents of that ages military, and to see their own children die as their brothers and sisters had would likely cause mass riots this time.

Sarmatia,
Would you mind if I use some minister graphics for a democratic Russia Communist USA mod I am trying to create?

Your collection of democratic Russians is much larger than the Vanilla version.

How do you instal this again?
I get the feeling I'm doing something wrong, as I get all the scenario files (except some countries have a changed or no description) and it doesn't load up because of the 1936 Soviet .inc file.

Is this mod compatible with Doomsday?

Earth's Savior said:
Is this mod compatible with Doomsday?
It is designed for vanilla, but I have no problems running it with doomsday.
AI is good, doesn't crash (at least for me :rolleyes: ), etc.
The only problem is that AI does not use intelligence since vanilla AI files does not have intelligence settings in them. On the other hand, AI cannot properly use intelligence anyway :D

GetRight won't let me download the file. How do I get around it?

Earth's Savior said:
GetRight won't let me download the file. How do I get around it?
1) Click the link.
2) Press Free
3) Wait and refresh lots when it gets to the time
4) You can then click a link to get your download
5) Enter a code into the box
6) Press Download or something

You can't use GetRight there for free so unless you want to buy a premium account there you'll have to wait.

Help, please?
I put the mods folder into my HoI2 directory then used the mod swapper to activate Kaiserreich, and I get hte normal scneario with new music, backgrounds and flags (all out of place).
Any way to change that?