• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Sarmatia1871 said:
You've got to go waaayyy down to the bottom of the list (it's far beyond the standard campaigns).

Also, if you want something you can actually play, then the new version of 'All the Russias' might be better. Kaiserreich is still pretty much just for testing at the moment!

but there is no way at the bottom . . . In the top box you see the 36, 38, 39, etc, the bottom box where there are save games or scenarios is empty . . . .

:( I was not really concerned with playability, just wanted to poke around the mod and help out a bit, though I may try the .4 of all the Russias soon. Not a lot of free time right now as you can see by my long absences . . .

I may work on your Russia Skin this afternoon though . . .

T-hiddemen said:
but there is no way at the bottom . . . In the top box you see the 36, 38, 39, etc, the bottom box where there are save games or scenarios is empty . . . .

:( I was not really concerned with playability, just wanted to poke around the mod and help out a bit, though I may try the .4 of all the Russias soon. Not a lot of free time right now as you can see by my long absences . . .

I may work on your Russia Skin this afternoon though . . .

Bizarre! If it helps, the option should be below the 'Southern Conquests' battlescenario in the same box as the 1936 Grand Campaign (you may need to scroll down the list...).

Just to check if everything's installed, if you click on the 1936 Grand Campaign, are all your new flags showing up, and do all the countries have their Kaiserreich names?

Anyway, I'll work out a definite solution so the Kaiserreich scenario option appears at the top of the list in the next release!

Sarmatia1871 said:
Bizarre! If it helps, the option should be below the 'Southern Conquests' battlescenario in the same box as the 1936 Grand Campaign (you may need to scroll down the list...).

Just to check if everything's installed, if you click on the 1936 Grand Campaign, are all your new flags showing up, and do all the countries have their Kaiserreich names?

Anyway, I'll work out a definite solution so the Kaiserreich scenario option appears at the top of the list in the next release!

No, I get the country names and new shields, but there are only the 5 (4?) Grand Campaigns showing up, none of the battle scenarios . . .

forkboy said:
Hi.

I've been having massive difficulties just trying to download the file from Rapidshare, just getting "Download-session invalid. Please click here.

Possible reasons:

* Download-session expired. Direct-links last a few minutes for free users and a few days for premium-users.
* You requested this download-session from a different IP than yours. If you use AOL, try a different browser." errors continually. Have been for the past week or so, using different browsers as well.

Rather hit a brick wall, but seeing as I do enjoy the All The Russians I would quite like to give Kaiserreich a whirl. Wondering if anyone would be able to upload the file to another site perhaps?
OK, really late, but I solved this problem by using the other server. Try that :)

Russia Skin

Hello Sarmatia

If I were evil I'd say you get your skin when I get your mod working . . . :rofl:

Honestly, I have started on the Russia Skin twice and given up both times because I did not like the way it was going. With no people, medals, symbols, etc it just doesnt seem to snap into focus . . .

Can you offer any guidance on images? Or do you have some good quality images of old Russian maps?

Anyone else?

Thanks for any help :)

tombom said:
OK, really late, but I solved this problem by using the other server. Try that :)

Yeah, with Rapidshare always remember to try both servers, and if still nothing happens, then try again every couple of hours or so. And eventually it should let you on...

T-hiddemen said:
Hello Sarmatia

If I were evil I'd say you get your skin when I get your mod working . . . :rofl:

Honestly, I have started on the Russia Skin twice and given up both times because I did not like the way it was going. With no people, medals, symbols, etc it just doesnt seem to snap into focus . . .

Can you offer any guidance on images? Or do you have some good quality images of old Russian maps?

Anyone else?

Thanks for any help :)

Did you see the link to the .zip file of Russian images I posted for you a few pages back? Should be some people and symbols in there (although good maps are quite tricky to find!).
(Re-posted here: http://www.filelodge.com/files/1673/Rus Pics.zip )

:confused: - I've no idea what's happened with your HOI2 installation so you can't even see the battle scenarios - Very strange!

What I could suggest though, is if you go into the 'MODS\KAISERREICH\SCENARIOS' folder, and rename the 'Kaiserreich.eug.' as '1936.eug'. Also, go into the file and replace:

Code:
name = "Kaiserreich"
panel = "scenarios/data/scenario_klotw.bmp"

header = {
	name = "Kaiserreich"
        startdate = {
	        year = 1935
        }

with...

Code:
name = "1936_SCENARIO"
panel = "scenarios/data/scenario_1936.bmp"

header = {
	name = "Grand Campaign"
        startdate = {
	        year = 1936
        }

Haven't actually tested this, but this should replace the 1936 scenario on your installation with the Kaiserreich one, when you load it up using the JGSME utility (although NB - it will still be called '1936' and have the '1936' picture...).

I've been testing the USA out and I can safely say that in my case war on the American continent isn't coming often, and when it does huge diplo-annexations occur and ruin the fun! The USA should be far more tough in it's approach to those who succede the Union imho, not surrender to them every time! Also, the CNT have never kicked off a ruckuss in Spain, the CSA rarely revolts (1 in 4 games) and I've never seen the Balkans truely explose, with Austria and Hungary usually becoming good chums.

Evans said:
I've been testing the USA out and I can safely say that in my case war on the American continent isn't coming often, and when it does huge diplo-annexations occur and ruin the fun! The USA should be far more tough in it's approach to those who succede the Union imho, not surrender to them every time! Also, the CNT have never kicked off a ruckuss in Spain, the CSA rarely revolts (1 in 4 games) and I've never seen the Balkans truely explose, with Austria and Hungary usually becoming good chums.

Okay then everyone - offsets and triggers for all these can probably be altered a bit in the next version, so that you can fight more!

Although they're likely to be turned down again as more events and possible conflicts are added...

Sarmatia1871 said:
Okay then everyone - offsets and triggers for all these can probably be altered a bit in the next version, so that you can fight more!

Although they're likely to be turned down again as more events and possible conflicts are added...

good boy :D

this is Hoi2, not diplomacy. what we want is perpetual warfare :D :D

Heh, I reload my game 5 times because I wanted all the factions in the US to revolt, but in the end I settled for just CSA and America First revolting. It annoyed me that there was no revolt in Russia, as I had planned to strike when it was weak, but then again, the player shouldn't rely on events to do ones work.

Have a few ideas for the Indian situation here:

1) Delhi: The first question is whether to keep the old guard colonial leaders in power. If they don't then the possibility of a ressurected Mughal empire emerges (anyone know if there was a surviving member of the royal family at this time?). A final possibility is a federal regime based on that of the Princely Federation. The syndicalist option will not be available here - instead they can emerge through revolution later on under certain circumstances (probably based on the SU in 'All the Russias').
If the Mughals come to power it probably wouldn't be long before they clashed with Bengal. Bengal was conquered by the Mughals previously and the syndicalists there would no doubt want to create a united Syndicalist India. In such a war the Princely Federation would probably favour the Mughals simply through a fear of syndicalism but they could stay netutral and hope the two factions wear each other out. The Mughals never fully conquered southern India but if Bengal fell they would probably have another go at it. Finally there would be a question of religion as the Mughals were Muslim - would the new rulers maintain their Islamic roots or convert to Hinduism?
If a federal state is formed it would probably be more isolationist and inward-looking. As a result it would probably be Bengal that initiated any Indian hostilities.
Another event chain can come from border skirmishes with Afghanistan over the Indian territory that Afghanistan has taken. I favour having this early on, maybe even in 1936, but if put later on it could be combined with event chains for Turkestan (who claim the same land).
Of course if the colonial administration is thrown out then reactions from Canada and Syndicalist Britain can occur. If either British faction manages to start rebuilding its empire then a further set of events would be needed for when they reach India (probably more for the middle-late game).

2) Bengal: As a radical peasant regime they are the favourites for causing trouble. Its already been suggested to have events for them relating to smuggling arms through Burma and Thailand to a syndicalist Indochina. Events may not be needed to send them to war with the other Indian states - the ai could be programmed to do this. On the domestic front there are various possibilities - conflict between the existing government and more moderate leftist faction (inc. Ghandi?), or even a counterrevolution sponsored by the southern Princely Federation.
I can also see Bengal getting involved in a war with Tibet as it attempts to expand in all directions. Depending on the Chinese situation we could perhaps have Yunnan getting involved on Tibet's side (with a hope of assuming control of Tibet itself most likely).

3) Princely Federation: In some ways this acts as the right-wing version of Bengal. However I think these should be less pro-active and more isolationist as the various Rajahs and Princes sit back and enjoy their riches and privileges. Of course this means other more active leaders may spring up and try to seize power - syndicalists sponsored by Bengal, right-wing army generals (looking to centralise the system), etc. If successful these would lead to a more aggressive state. If the Mughals sprang up in the north there should be a possibility that the Federation would actually ally with the Mughals - it avoids a war and ensures the syndicalists are kept down.
Due to their southern, coastal position I think these would also be a prime target for large corporations (similar to Mittelafrika or the AOG) and foreign nations who wanted to move into India. Germany is the obvious backer for such moves at the start but if they collapse then its harder to say who will move in to fill the vacuum. Thus these events may need to wait till a clearer picture of how the world tends to go is formed.

I may get round to doing some country descriptions for the three indian states too (assuming I can flesh them out enough). If you really, really like the above ideas and the direction they will take the mod in then I could perhaps start coding some of them as events. Thats up to you though.

Gen.Schuermann said:
good boy :D

this is Hoi2, not diplomacy. what we want is perpetual warfare :D :D

Ffft! Be careful what you wish for - I'm not sure if all the AIs and unit production settings are up to perpetual warfare at the moment - :p

Although Franco-German wars do seem so work fairly well!

GrimPagan said:
Heh, I reload my game 5 times because I wanted all the factions in the US to revolt, but in the end I settled for just CSA and America First revolting. It annoyed me that there was no revolt in Russia, as I had planned to strike when it was weak, but then again, the player shouldn't rely on events to do ones work.

:D - Exactly. As we are not constrained by real life, the game-world must be as dynamic and unpredictable as possible - although a lot needs to be able to happen for it to be eventually interesting!

Sarmatia1871 said:
Did you see the link to the .zip file of Russian images I posted for you a few pages back? Should be some people and symbols in there (although good maps are quite tricky to find!).
(Re-posted here: http://www.filelodge.com/files/1673/Rus Pics.zip )

:confused: - I've no idea what's happened with your HOI2 installation so you can't even see the battle scenarios - Very strange!

What I could suggest though, is if you go into the 'MODS\KAISERREICH\SCENARIOS' folder, and rename the 'Kaiserreich.eug.' as '1936.eug'. Also, go into the file and replace:

Code:
name = "Kaiserreich"
panel = "scenarios/data/scenario_klotw.bmp"

header = {
	name = "Kaiserreich"
        startdate = {
	        year = 1935
        }

with...

Code:
name = "1936_SCENARIO"
panel = "scenarios/data/scenario_1936.bmp"

header = {
	name = "Grand Campaign"
        startdate = {
	        year = 1936
        }

Haven't actually tested this, but this should replace the 1936 scenario on your installation with the Kaiserreich one, when you load it up using the JGSME utility (although NB - it will still be called '1936' and have the '1936' picture...).

I'll give it a try, thanks, and thanks for the link to the russia images. When you go away from the boards for a few days it gets hard to get back in touch . . . .

Timotheos said:
Have a few ideas for the Indian situation here:

1) Delhi: The first question is whether to keep the old guard colonial leaders in power. If they don't then the possibility of a ressurected Mughal empire emerges (anyone know if there was a surviving member of the royal family at this time?). A final possibility is a federal regime based on that of the Princely Federation. The syndicalist option will not be available here - instead they can emerge through revolution later on under certain circumstances (probably based on the SU in 'All the Russias').
If the Mughals come to power it probably wouldn't be long before they clashed with Bengal. Bengal was conquered by the Mughals previously and the syndicalists there would no doubt want to create a united Syndicalist India. In such a war the Princely Federation would probably favour the Mughals simply through a fear of syndicalism but they could stay netutral and hope the two factions wear each other out. The Mughals never fully conquered southern India but if Bengal fell they would probably have another go at it. Finally there would be a question of religion as the Mughals were Muslim - would the new rulers maintain their Islamic roots or convert to Hinduism?
If a federal state is formed it would probably be more isolationist and inward-looking. As a result it would probably be Bengal that initiated any Indian hostilities.
Another event chain can come from border skirmishes with Afghanistan over the Indian territory that Afghanistan has taken. I favour having this early on, maybe even in 1936, but if put later on it could be combined with event chains for Turkestan (who claim the same land).
Of course if the colonial administration is thrown out then reactions from Canada and Syndicalist Britain can occur. If either British faction manages to start rebuilding its empire then a further set of events would be needed for when they reach India (probably more for the middle-late game).

2) Bengal: As a radical peasant regime they are the favourites for causing trouble. Its already been suggested to have events for them relating to smuggling arms through Burma and Thailand to a syndicalist Indochina. Events may not be needed to send them to war with the other Indian states - the ai could be programmed to do this. On the domestic front there are various possibilities - conflict between the existing government and more moderate leftist faction (inc. Ghandi?), or even a counterrevolution sponsored by the southern Princely Federation.
I can also see Bengal getting involved in a war with Tibet as it attempts to expand in all directions. Depending on the Chinese situation we could perhaps have Yunnan getting involved on Tibet's side (with a hope of assuming control of Tibet itself most likely).

3) Princely Federation: In some ways this acts as the right-wing version of Bengal. However I think these should be less pro-active and more isolationist as the various Rajahs and Princes sit back and enjoy their riches and privileges. Of course this means other more active leaders may spring up and try to seize power - syndicalists sponsored by Bengal, right-wing army generals (looking to centralise the system), etc. If successful these would lead to a more aggressive state. If the Mughals sprang up in the north there should be a possibility that the Federation would actually ally with the Mughals - it avoids a war and ensures the syndicalists are kept down.
Due to their southern, coastal position I think these would also be a prime target for large corporations (similar to Mittelafrika or the AOG) and foreign nations who wanted to move into India. Germany is the obvious backer for such moves at the start but if they collapse then its harder to say who will move in to fill the vacuum. Thus these events may need to wait till a clearer picture of how the world tends to go is formed.

I may get round to doing some country descriptions for the three indian states too (assuming I can flesh them out enough). If you really, really like the above ideas and the direction they will take the mod in then I could perhaps start coding some of them as events. Thats up to you though.

Yep, all sounds good, and definitely along the lines I was thinking of! One minor point is that the British Colonial leaders are not really fully in power in Delhi - they're more providing 'expert' assistance to a native government (although still weilding a lot of influence) which officially recognises the British Monarch as 'Emperor of India,' but only in a ceremonial/consitutional capacity. Although, as you suggest, some sort of Mughal Restoration should be a definite possibility/extremely likely!

I'd imagine there'd be a few potential Mughal claimants knocking about, but it shouldn't be too difficult for another native ruler to fabricate some claim to the dynasty and proclaim himself Emperor...

T-hiddemen said:
I'll give it a try, thanks, and thanks for the link to the russia images. When you go away from the boards for a few days it gets hard to get back in touch . . . .

Yes, and with the size of this thread it's impossible to find individual posts, even from a few days ago!

Speaking of Bengal, I am tinkering with an event chain for them to adopt the "Fourth Four-year Plan" in 1937. I am not really sure whether the brits, french and sicilians should get plans, but since Bengal is probably locked in an intense rivalry with the Princely federation and Dehli for domination of India, I can easily see them making five-year plans. Anyway, if Bengal chooses option a (step up the industrialization), they get a series of events dealing with rice shortage, and eventually starvation. They then get a chance to either put a prince of terror in as minister of security, or Gandhi. The prince of terror sets of one event chain, while Gandhi sets of another (the details of which are yet to be descided)