• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Sarmatia1871 said:
I'll see how things go at a later stage, and while it's definitely plausible to have Wales as a revolter (both here and in the vanilla game), its one not particularly rich province means an independant Wales wouldn't stand much more of a chance than the 'Wales' province controlled by partisans!

Maybe they can get tons of support from wealthy Welsh-Americans :rofl: :rofl:

Sarmatia

I've taken the liberty of writing country descriptions for the following countries: Japan, Bulgaria, Canada, Carribean and Spain.

Should you be interested, just say so and I'll send them to you for review and if you like what you see I'll start on some others.

If not interested just make sure you tell me before I start making some more :D .

laminustacitus said:
Theres a lot of Japenese garrison on the Bismark Islands, if you tell me where you want them I can fix them for you.

Many thanks - I'll look around the general Japanese troop distribution and see where they can be moved to...

CCurio said:
Hmmmh, am I the only one getting crashes at Jan 1 23:00 after replacing the ATR files with the original ones and fixing the .ini files...? :confused:

*goes to play with mittelafrika ini file... :D *

:confused: - Odd - my version is working fine now, but I may have things set up differently on the basic setup...

Please mess about with the Mittelafrika.ini file as much as you want - it's not very well set up as it stands (e.g. the unit names are all wrong, and the garrisons are in strange places - same with pretty much all the Chinese countries as well...).

T-hiddemen said:
Maybe they can get tons of support from wealthy Welsh-Americans :rofl: :rofl:

If the brethren in the New World could supply potential ministers, tech-teams, leaders and unit names, I'm sure that the Welsh Independence movement would receive a great boost!

Timotheos said:
Sarmatia

I've taken the liberty of writing country descriptions for the following countries: Japan, Bulgaria, Canada, Carribean and Spain.

Should you be interested, just say so and I'll send them to you for review and if you like what you see I'll start on some others.

If not interested just make sure you tell me before I start making some more :D .

Ah excellent - we like these sorts of labour-reducing liberties! Please send (or post here...), so I can look over them.

Well dunno if you realize this but reason I advoided Von Seeckt is because he dies in December of 1936, seems sorta pointless to have him lead unless we have a solid alternative.

As for the U06 faction, I see your point, but considering if they were ever to enter power, do you think just men within the Army would take over? Pro-military people would flock to them, and I wouldn't considering the German general staff a political party, the army, like all armies hated the politicians and politics and bickering, sure they fought bitterly in the funding allocations, but I can't recall the Army ever trying to get involve din politics, just control it. :cool:

I was considering the U06 to be a state where the military took over, where it would have its top dogs of course leading the affairs with a collection of military and pro-military underlying running the country. Having soembody like the Krupps with the military would actually give them enough credance and support from the business world to run the country.

How about making the possible participant of the US civil war phantom countries in the start...?

CAL seems a bit weak now...how about events where their dear trading partners Japan, Russia and AOG send them war material...? Though I think that you had planned various intervention events for outside powers...

CCurio said:
How about making the possible participant of the US civil war phantom countries in the start...?

CAL seems a bit weak now...how about events where their dear trading partners Japan, Russia and AOG send them war material...? Though I think that you had planned various intervention events for outside powers...

That sounds like a good idea, those powers would probably be interested in seeing A) a new trading partner and B) the decline of US influence in the far east.

Just a few things:

A) Austria starts with a transport plane but not the tech for it, intentional?
B) The overall tech-level (If ATR is any indication) seems lower than in OTL, is this the way it's supposed to be? Or is it merely that you haven't had time to change techs?

I also get an error message when the Ukrainians chose "let us align with the Syndicalist powers."

EDIT: You obviously hasn't given the Natioanlist US state a new name, currently all of the US becomes Texas :p

Last edited:
Also, for the former italian colonial area...

"The Sanusi (or Senussi) Religious Order was founded by the noted Islamic religious scholar Mahommed ben Ali ben es Senussi in 1835. At its height in the 1880s, the order controlled most of the interior of North Africa and dominated the north-south trade routes across the Sahara. However, after a confrontation with the Ottoman government in 1894 sheik Senussi el Mahdi withdrew his headquarters to the remote oasis of Kufra, safe from outside interference. The last twenty years have seen the Order's influence shrink as the British and French extend their colonial power into areas once dominated by the Sanusi. In 1911 came a greater blow: the Italian war with the Ottoman Empire. The Italians quickly occupied the major Turkish ports in North Africa, but were unable to penetrate far inland. Nevertheless, the peace treaty of 1912 handed the whole area over to Italy. The undefeated Turkish troops in the region, unwilling to surrender, defected en masse to the Sanusi, bringing with them a nucleus of trained troops and modern weapons including artillery. In November 1912 the Sanusi leader Ahmad ash-Sharif swore to drive out the Italians and restore Muslim rule to the whole of Libya. Maps printed in Europe may show a vast Italian-controlled empire in North Africa; but at the start of 1914 the reality is that the Italians are now hemmed into a narrow coastal strip by the Senusi army."

They managed to actually conquer territory up to untill 1916 and the last vestiges of the order were destroyed in 1937...but that's IRL! ;)

You could propably ask the 1914 folks for more info...

EDIT: This was taking from one thread in the 1914 subforum...I asked Allenby and he was OK with me taking stuff from there.

Last edited:
anti-commi said:
before you use it remove your new techteams and it won't crash

Really - have you tried this? I don't think I've actually added any new tech teams beyond what was already in 'All the Russias'!

Berlichingen said:
Well dunno if you realize this but reason I advoided Von Seeckt is because he dies in December of 1936, seems sorta pointless to have him lead unless we have a solid alternative.

As for the U06 faction, I see your point, but considering if they were ever to enter power, do you think just men within the Army would take over? Pro-military people would flock to them, and I wouldn't considering the German general staff a political party, the army, like all armies hated the politicians and politics and bickering, sure they fought bitterly in the funding allocations, but I can't recall the Army ever trying to get involve din politics, just control it. :cool:

I was considering the U06 to be a state where the military took over, where it would have its top dogs of course leading the affairs with a collection of military and pro-military underlying running the country. Having soembody like the Krupps with the military would actually give them enough credance and support from the business world to run the country.

:D Ah, the whole beauty of using Von Seeckt is that he dies at the end 1936! So, this gives the opportunity for a whole of power struggles to develop within the military once he goes...

(which can actually be modelled properly via events if the General Staff is a 'seperate' off-map country...)

And of course, very true that a military government in Germany would look very different to the U06 cabinet - and would definitely need support from at least one of the other factions for it to be a viable proposition!

Sarmatia1871 said:
:D Ah, the whole beauty of using Von Seeckt is that he dies at the end 1936! So, this gives the opportunity for a whole of power struggles to develop within the military once he goes...

(which can actually be modelled properly via events if the General Staff is a 'seperate' off-map country...)

And of course, very true that a military government in Germany would look very different to the U06 cabinet - and would definitely need support from at least one of the other factions for it to be a viable proposition!

The German Kerensky? ;)

CCurio said:

:p Aha, you're beginning to see the point of using off-map countries now! I actually started redoing the events for CSA, TEX and CAL so they would be off-map countries, with varying parts of the USA defecting to them depending on events - but I gave up once I realised I'd have to redo pretty much the entire event chain! Still, definitely something to bear in mind for the future...

And yes, the Japanese would want to protect the West Coast, so I was definitely planning on having events to model that - it would also probably be the only way that CAL would actually manage to survive!

And while Russia would be a bit limited in it's Pacific power projection, given that it doesn't even Vladivostok at the start, I suppose that an expansionist Russia which had annexed Transamur may start developing ideas about a recovery of Alaska...

Arilou said:
Just a few things:

A) Austria starts with a transport plane but not the tech for it, intentional?
B) The overall tech-level (If ATR is any indication) seems lower than in OTL, is this the way it's supposed to be? Or is it merely that you haven't had time to change techs?

I also get an error message when the Ukrainians chose "let us align with the Syndicalist powers."

EDIT: You obviously hasn't given the Natioanlist US state a new name, currently all of the US becomes Texas :p

Very true, the techs and some of the land/air OOBs need altering - Most are actually taken from the vanilla 1936 scenario, so they shouldn't be too out of step with OTL...

The Ukraine error message I know about - this is because this event is supposed to load up AI files, which haven't been made yet...

I'll check the World names.csv for the last one - I'm sure I changed it to 'American Union State'....

CCurio said:
Also, for the former italian colonial area...

"The Sanusi (or Senussi) Religious Order was founded by the noted Islamic religious scholar Mahommed ben Ali ben es Senussi in 1835. At its height in the 1880s, the order controlled most of the interior of North Africa and dominated the north-south trade routes across the Sahara. However, after a confrontation with the Ottoman government in 1894 sheik Senussi el Mahdi withdrew his headquarters to the remote oasis of Kufra, safe from outside interference. The last twenty years have seen the Order's influence shrink as the British and French extend their colonial power into areas once dominated by the Sanusi. In 1911 came a greater blow: the Italian war with the Ottoman Empire. The Italians quickly occupied the major Turkish ports in North Africa, but were unable to penetrate far inland. Nevertheless, the peace treaty of 1912 handed the whole area over to Italy. The undefeated Turkish troops in the region, unwilling to surrender, defected en masse to the Sanusi, bringing with them a nucleus of trained troops and modern weapons including artillery. In November 1912 the Sanusi leader Ahmad ash-Sharif swore to drive out the Italians and restore Muslim rule to the whole of Libya. Maps printed in Europe may show a vast Italian-controlled empire in North Africa; but at the start of 1914 the reality is that the Italians are now hemmed into a narrow coastal strip by the Senusi army."

They managed to actually conquer territory up to untill 1916 and the last vestiges of the order were destroyed in 1937...but that's IRL! ;)

You could propably ask the 1914 folks for more info...

EDIT: This was taking from one thread in the 1914 subforum...I asked Allenby and he was OK with me taking stuff from there.

Interesting - could lead to another reasonably playable country in Africa!

If it took Italy until 1937 to completely destroy them, I doubt that the weakened Ottmans would have managed to do much against them. So, could be an idea to use the LBY tag to model these people, and give either the Ottomans or Egypt direct control over the Libyan coastal areas - which they're only managing to currently hold onto with German support...

Evans said:
The German Kerensky? ;)

:D Well, the German army's Kerensky!

Remember, Germany is not a big centralised state autocracy like Russia - it is a complex modern society, where the semi-autocratic Government manages to maintain order only by balancing the interests of a wide range of powerful interest groups....

Sarmatia1871 said:
Interesting - could lead to another reasonably playable country in Africa!

If it took Italy until 1937 to completely destroy them, I doubt that the weakened Ottmans would have managed to do much against them. So, could be an idea to use the LBY tag to model these people, and give either the Ottomans or Egypt direct control over the Libyan coastal areas - which they're only managing to currently hold onto with German support...

Yes, yes.... ;)

sanusi2.jpg

The order at it's largest, in 1916...notice how they have even attacked France... :p