• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
CCurio said:
Okay, provinces for Empire of Japan:

Hmmmm, what are the unused tags? Are there any of those U-tags left?

I wanna try if I can make the file myself, but don't hold your breath! :rofl:

This and the event ideas seem okay. As far as IDs go, U00-U06 are taken, but the rest are free. It could be reasonably easy to set up, as all you'd really need to do is take out the more reactionary members of the vanilla Japanese cabinet, and a cross-section of leaders...

Arilou said:
So shouldn't
rasputin%20blessing%20pose2.jpg

This guy make an appearance? :p
IMHO, he looks better in my version...
rasputin3fj.jpg

Hi.

I've been having massive difficulties just trying to download the file from Rapidshare, just getting "Download-session invalid. Please click here.

Possible reasons:

* Download-session expired. Direct-links last a few minutes for free users and a few days for premium-users.
* You requested this download-session from a different IP than yours. If you use AOL, try a different browser." errors continually. Have been for the past week or so, using different browsers as well.

Rather hit a brick wall, but seeing as I do enjoy the All The Russians I would quite like to give Kaiserreich a whirl. Wondering if anyone would be able to upload the file to another site perhaps?

playing as ottomans

hello,i really enjoyed the mod,congratz and nice work.
i tryed to play as turkey,joined the german alliance at 1938,taken out yemen,georgia and azerbejan at early 1939,now nothing happens.
the world is at peace,and we dont want that,do we? :)

when will a major war break out?or was it supposed to break out by now but i prevented it when i allied with germany?

btw:germany had "one of our ministers died" and now their
head of states is adolf hitler :)

so should i wait to see a war or should a restart the game and dont ally with germany?

thanks,and sorry for my bad English :/

moonlapse said:
hello,i really enjoyed the mod,congratz and nice work.
i tryed to play as turkey,joined the german alliance at 1938,taken out yemen,georgia and azerbejan at early 1939,now nothing happens.
the world is at peace,and we dont want that,do we? :)

when will a major war break out?or was it supposed to break out by now but i prevented it when i allied with germany?

btw:germany had "one of our ministers died" and now their
head of states is adolf hitler :)

so should i wait to see a war or should a restart the game and dont ally with germany?

thanks,and sorry for my bad English :/

I think your english is fine! However, the problems you metioned here are not rare at all. The mod is still in an early beta stage, and only the russian theatre is worked out pretty well. expect the next version to be more "war-like'. To get things going, one needs to declare war upon Germany. then all hell breaks loose. Oh, and you should give them game some tries and wait for early '36, because there is a chance for the SU to appear and spark a civil war! This is when japan joined in, puppeted Siberia, and a major war between germany and Japan, two big powers, evolved. This mod is basically designed to give you always other outcomes, and you can do with your empire what you want. it's not like vanilla hoi2, which acts basically the same everytime.

Gen.Schuermann said:
I think your english is fine! However, the problems you metioned here are not rare at all. The mod is still in an early beta stage, and only the russian theatre is worked out pretty well. expect the next version to be more "war-like'. To get things going, one needs to declare war upon Germany. then all hell breaks loose. Oh, and you should give them game some tries and wait for early '36, because there is a chance for the SU to appear and spark a civil war! This is when japan joined in, puppeted Siberia, and a major war between germany and Japan, two big powers, evolved. This mod is basically designed to give you always other outcomes, and you can do with your empire what you want. it's not like vanilla hoi2, which acts basically the same everytime.

Yep, all pretty much correct - you must start trouble yourself!

So people can actually start testing and looking at how wars turn out (and the associated problems with them), I'll probably include some very deterministic Franco-German/Russo-German/Japanese-German wars in the next version (or possibly even before then as a general download...).

However, the Soviet Union can actually re-form at any timethat Russia's dissent goes over 40% (sparking off the associated chaos) - although this is most likely going to be in 1936, when the string of high-dissent raising events hit.

And Adolf cropping up when the Kaiser dies is a known problem. Event will be changed so that Kronprinz Wilhelm takes over instead.

And to celebrate my 1000th post (finally - :rofl: ), here is my favourite picture of Kronprinz Wilhelm, looking every inch the international playboy...

Kronprinz4.jpg

JRShield said:
Are the improvements from ATR going to be implemented in Kaiserreich?

Of course!

I actually put them in yesterday, and they seem to all be working fine and not causing any problems (although I did see Kolchak somehow manage to annex the Legation Cities in a handsoff game...!)

Hey, what ID range I should use for U08 tag? Also...what else I should poke around with, other than .inc file if I want to make a new nation...?

Also, is the Rising Sun ensign legal here...? I mean, it's pretty much the only readily avaitable fitting flag...

CCurio said:
Hey, what ID range I should use for U08 tag? Also...what else I should poke around with, other than .inc file if I want to make a new nation...?

Also, is the Rising Sun ensign legal here...? I mean, it's pretty much the only readily avaitable fitting flag...

No idea about the ID range for OOBs or ministers - maybe if you use the standard Japanese ID + 1 that might work. If not try something high and random....

To make the new nation, you've got to create ministers, leaders and tech-team files. You also need to mess about with world_names.csv, revolt.txt, country.csv and the various unit name files. But if you don't then the game will still run (just with some blanks).

The Japanese Rising Sun ensign would be the most appropriate one - I don't think there any problems with using it (IIRC its still actually in use in the Japanese SDF...).

Hi,

I tried to play as a Austrian emperor. I declared war upon Croatia so I was in war with Hungary too :p I beated them and after that I annexed Serbia and Bosnia and Herzegovina.

Try to guess what happened?

GERMANY DECLARED WAR!!! Aaargh!!
:) :)

So can I send you, Sarmatia, some events for Bohemia and Slovakia at the evening?

What's the plane now?

trezza_cz said:
Hi,

I tried to play as a Austrian emperor. I declared war upon Croatia so I was in war with Hungary too :p I beated them and after that I annexed Serbia and Bosnia and Herzegovina.

So can I send you, Sarmatia, some events for Bohemia and Slovakia at the evening?

What's the plane now?

Qing Empire annexed Albania?

T-hiddemen said:
When I load the game I only see the 1936 1938 1941 and 1944 scenarios, No Kaiserreich . . .

You've got to go waaayyy down to the bottom of the list (it's far beyond the standard campaigns).

Also, if you want something you can actually play, then the new version of 'All the Russias' might be better. Kaiserreich is still pretty much just for testing at the moment!

trezza_cz said:
Hi,

What's the plane now?

Yep, please post any events you've made here - much appreciated!

And Germany is set to protect pretty much everyone, so they're likely to declare war on you if you start attacking people in Europe!

Sarmatia1871 said:
No idea about the ID range for OOBs or ministers - maybe if you use the standard Japanese ID + 1 that might work. If not try something high and random....

To make the new nation, you've got to create ministers, leaders and tech-team files. You also need to mess about with world_names.csv, revolt.txt, country.csv and the various unit name files. But if you don't then the game will still run (just with some blanks).

The Japanese Rising Sun ensign would be the most appropriate one - I don't think there any problems with using it (IIRC its still actually in use in the Japanese SDF...).
Hmmm, I think I will send you what I've already made with the U08.inc, even if it isn't much, just land OOB, air OOB (maybe incomplete) and provinces + associated thingies.

I'm still ill after one week of every now and then appearing fever + assorted symptoms and it seems that the disease crawled from throat to lungs and from there to guts, so I'm not exactly in a top shape. I also have some school stuff to arrange (because I was away for the worst days). I have written up some military leaders for EoJ, currently found in the Japanese forces.

Land commanders:

General Hata
General Tojo (I think he starts as one...?)
General Higashikuni
Lt Gen Ishiwara
Lt Gen Nakagawa
Lt Gen Sakabara
Lt Gen Fukui
Lt Gen Okamura
Lt Gen Nakajima
Lt Gen Nishio K
Lt Gen Yamada
Mj Gen Inanda
Mj Gen Harebe

Air leaders:

Lt Gen Kondo
Mj Gen Nakajima

I'll see if I will do anything additional work tonigh as I might just wrap up the school stuff and head to bed. Still, I'm sorta feeling like doing the tech team file...

Sarmatia1871 said:
Yep, please post any events you've made here - much appreciated!

And Germany is set to protect pretty much everyone, so they're likely to declare war on you if you start attacking people in Europe!

Oh... donc (french "So")... give me some time, coz I don't have it writed into event text, I have it just like text + possible choices

CCurio said:
Hmmm, I think I will send you what I've already made with the U08.inc, even if it isn't much, just land OOB, air OOB (maybe incomplete) and provinces + associated thingies.

I'm still ill after one week of every now and then appearing fever + assorted symptoms and it seems that the disease crawled from throat to lungs and from there to guts, so I'm not exactly in a top shape. I also have some school stuff to arrange (because I was away for the worst days). I have written up some military leaders for EoJ, currently found in the Japanese forces.

I'll see if I will do anything additional work tonigh as I might just wrap up the school stuff and head to bed. Still, I'm sorta feeling like doing the tech team file...

Many thanks - hope you recover soon! I'm just staying in this week as well, although that's more owing to the huge amount of writing I have to do, and the subzero temperatures (und Vogelgrippe!) here in Berlin. Next week meanwhile, I'll get absolutely nothing done here as I must run all over the UK going to various academic engagements and proving to various people that I'm still alive!

Anyway, see what you can manage in you current state, as anything is good!

trezza_cz said:
Oh... donc (french "So")... give me some time, coz I don't have it writed into event text, I have it just like text + possible choices

Merci bien - text plus choices is fine - just try to be as detailed as possible with the effects of each choice, and give each event a number of some sort.

Also for people - as I'm spending 4-5 hours a day writing stuff at the moment as part of my 'job', I generally can't face doing any more for this mod (although working out codes and finding pictures is still fine, of course!). So, if anyone wants to write some better descriptions for some of the Austrian and Balkan events (and also some Papal ones I've just put together), please say so, as this will be much appreciated!