• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
anti-commi said:
why is there a Qing empire and manchuria
the Qing emipire was a manchu dynasty Pu-yi or Pi-yu(i cant remember) was the last Qing emperor

Manchuria is the japanese Puppet under the emperor-in-exile Pu-Yi

Qing Empire is the (surviving) remnants of the Empire, under Pu-Yi's father.

No Land Doctrin for Russia?

Russia does not start with any land doctrine and no way to research additional docrtines? :confused:

Is this intentional?
Maybe there's an event later that opens up the Land Doctrine tree....?

- j

jrb001 said:
Russia does not start with any land doctrine and no way to research additional docrtines? :confused:

Is this intentional?
Maybe there's an event later that opens up the Land Doctrine tree....?

- j

just wait (play) and see what happens, it will all go better. :rolleyes:

CCurio said:
Eherm, I don't think the people will have much to say when the colonial army starts an uprising... ;)

Yes. Also, I don't particularly go for the idea of "Japan = Beehive state" throughout it's history. If you look at pre-20th century Japanese history, you'll see the country has a very long tradition of civil wars and disturbances.

Also, this struggle is going to be more of a conflict between two rival power centres and views of what Japan and its mission in the world should be. Both groups are pretty much cut-off from one another, and could quite quickly start representing the other-side as either 'dangerous military expansionists who need to be bought in line' or 'meddling Westernised democrats, usurping the legitimate power from the Emperor.' As such, they're both attempting to proactively save the Empire, rather than tolerate an oppresive and unitary regime.

Zuckergußgebäck said:
Also, I need some help here. an someone please make a sort of finanscial trend for the AOG during the scenario?

So far (BTW, Germany only receives half of the dividend paid by the AOG, the rest dissapears as pay, tax and tolls and so on...):

I haven´t made any more years, but I´d need some help with the incomes (I´ll handle the dividends)

Hmmm, not sure if I get 100% what you mean! Could you post one of the events?

Predicting what would happen with the economy after 1938 I'd reckon would be very tricky - given plans, it could potentially control all of China, plus Indonesia and the Philippines (!), or have collapsed completely (and same with Germany!). So, it's probably easier to include generic events for the dividends payments, with the 1938 events being repeated...

Arilou said:
Okay, let's try make some events.
I haven't actually tried these (and I have no idea what ID's to use: I'll have to push all *that* work over to Sarmatia)

The liberal party-leader is (strangely enough) missing in the swedish minister file (until Bertil Ohlin pops up in '45) historically the liberal party leader would be Gustaf Andersson "i Rasjön" (the naming custom in the Second Chamber was that if two MP's had the same name they were named after their place of residence, if we chose to make a minister he should probably be styled "Gustaf Andersson-Rasjön" as that is how Pehrsson-Bramstorp is styled in vanilla) Strangely enough I can find no picture for him.... Not sure what to do about it though. In any case more ministers are probably needed.... To bad I suck at finding them :(

I'll try to deal with the different policy-choice events later on..... Luckily a lot of them can be duplicated :p

Aha, these look good, and more interesting than the general straight-choice election events I make!

Integrating shouldn't be a problem, so we now just now need definite ministers for all these choices (or at least HoGs...).

Ah yes, and if you're making foreign/domestic policy events, it might make things much easier if you use the 'All the Russias' ones as templates -> I've been looking over them and there are potential events for pretty much every situation!

Evans said:
How long do you estimate before the next alpha Sarm, I want to know if I should bother starting a test game now my essays are done :)

As said above, next alpha will probably be two or three weeks time.

However, next version of 'All the Russias' will probably be out tomorrow -> This is shaping up to be very very new and improved, with all-known (and some unknown) bugs crushed, weird situations eliminated and AIs that actually do things. So this may be a better thing to test out...

Arilou said:
Manchuria is the japanese Puppet under the emperor-in-exile Pu-Yi

Qing Empire is the (surviving) remnants of the Empire, under Pu-Yi's father.

Yes, also Manchuria was established more as a 'national-state' for Manchurian Chinese (under Japanese dominance), while the Qing Empire was an actual Chinese Imperial dynasty, with an elite originally consisting of Manchu invaders, who became increasingly Sinicized over the years (I'm not sure if there were a great number of ethnic Manchus around anywhere by the 1930s...?).

So, similar-ish backgrounds, but very different histories and political structures (possibly best to think of it a bit like North and South Korea -> Both Korean states, but under different political systems/international spheres)

Seylanov said:
There is.
Many people (me included) have already gotten the same answer.

Yep - this one is now going into a FAQ I'm putting together (along with cores questions, and 'how to select the correct scenario'....).

Anyone have any other ideas of good things to include in it?

anti-commi said:
germany had one of our ministers has died and Hitler became the Kaiser
maybe he should be removed

Yeah, as said above, the German ministers file needs to be redone to eliminate all the Nazis totally, and the 'minister death.txt' has to be changed quite a bit as well.

I have looked through the danish minister files, all the SC ministers needed are already there, you just have to change the start date to 1936, and everything is OK.

Sarmatia1871 said:
Aha, these look good, and more interesting than the general straight-choice election events I make!

Integrating shouldn't be a problem, so we now just now need definite ministers for all these choices (or at least HoGs...).

Ah yes, and if you're making foreign/domestic policy events, it might make things much easier if you use the 'All the Russias' ones as templates -> I've been looking over them and there are potential events for pretty much every situation!

Just asking: Are the various left/right moves correct? I have no idea if the events actually move then sliders the way I want them too....

Admiral Fyyar said:
I have looked through the danish minister files, all the SC ministers needed are already there, you just have to change the start date to 1936, and everything is OK.

:D Excellent - An easy life for all!

Arilou said:
Just asking: Are the various left/right moves correct? I have no idea if the events actually move then sliders the way I want them too....

Haven't checked them against the 'ideology_matrix.csv' yet -> If you tell me what ideology each potential choice should be, I can probably move these around fairly easily...