• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Zuckergußgebäck said:
I´d put him as a Man of the People Minister of Security.

I was quite amazed of how little there is on him on the net (indeed, all I found that was referring to him were some old supreme court records. I can only direct you to "Stalin. The Court of the Red Tsar" for some scattered information, such as 'Ulrich handled the court proceedings where [...] was tried'.

:D Yes, although my ideological aversion to popular historians like Simon Sebag Montefiore would probably kick in if I went anywhere near the book!

It sometimes helps with the Russian people if you do the search with the original cyrillic version of the name - but I'm not sure how 'Ulrich' would transliterate.... (Улрих...?)

Sarmatia1871 said:
Well, the IND tag is currently being used by the Princely Federation, so becoming 'India' would be tricky.

But extra cores might be an idea if certain areas were conquered -> Although as there was never a single state covering the same sort of (very diverse!) area as modern India before 1949, this shouldn't be easy!
Um...not to offend but how hard switching the country tag to a diffrent one is...? :eek:o :confused:

Yes, true, but we have some little state called "Turkestan" getting cores on the mighty caliphates of the old... :p

Well, actually, this is a jab at the concept of "cores", not your design decisions.

A system where "territory claimed" and "core territory" are separate would be lovely... :(

CCurio said:
Um...not to offend but how hard switching the country tag to a diffrent one is...? :eek:o :confused:

Yes, true, but we have some little state called "Turkestan" getting cores on the mighty caliphates of the old... :p

Well, actually, this is a jab at the concept of "cores", not your design decisions.

A system where "territory claimed" and "core territory" are separate would be lovely... :(

Switching the TAG isn't too difficult, but then you'd need to have three sets of events and ministers for 'India', which would be activated depending on who formed it -> Which might be a bit too complex, particularly when each country has its own TAG at the moment with all the appropriate stuff in it anyway, and two out of three of the names (Delhi and Princely Federation; Bengal may be a bit tricky!) would be reasonably appropriate to keep for a pan-Indian state.

:D Yes, and Turkestan's cores may be a bit excessive at the moment...!

Sarmatia1871 said:
Switching the TAG isn't too difficult, but then you'd need to have three sets of events and ministers for 'India', which would be activated depending on who formed it -> Which might be a bit too complex, particularly when each country has its own TAG at the moment with all the appropriate stuff in it anyway, and two out of three of the names (Delhi and Princely Federation; Bengal may be a bit tricky!) would be reasonably appropriate to keep for a pan-Indian state.

Ah, yes, true...I can understand the work it would need...

Hmm, I think that Turkestan could claim all of that territory BUT it definedly would need population control measures! :eek:

CCurio said:
Ah, yes, true...I can understand the work it would need...

Hmm, I think that Turkestan could claim all of that territory BUT it definedly would need population control measures! :eek:

Why not simply claim them but not as cores... so partisan dissent comes into play.

Sarmatia1871 said:
It sometimes helps with the Russian people if you do the search with the original cyrillic version of the name - but I'm not sure how 'Ulrich' would transliterate.... (Улрих...?)
Well... I can´t read cyrillic, nor russian, so that would be a bit of a dead end.

Sarmatia1871 said:

Are you saying that a khalipath overruning the middle east, central Asia and Russia is a bad thing?

And how India actually partioned? There are groups there who might not want to unify if they had managed to split India into several parts.

KaiserBenjamin said:
No, don't unify India! It's so much easier to conquer when it's split into three factions!

-the sun never sets on and aggressive Japanese Empire in the Kaiserreich scenario
:D

I meant that it could be possible for some of the splinter nations to unify India... :p

Evans said:
Why not simply claim them but not as cores... so partisan dissent comes into play.

Yeah, I'm probably going to remove Turkestan's cores on half the world, but keep them with the expansionist policy. This would better model difficulties that they'd have in controlling the areas they conquer.

And I've just given the Kazakh Republic some victory points in it's Northern provinces - so, the dynamics of Central Asian wars are now very very different...

Zuckergußgebäck said:
Well... I can´t read cyrillic, nor russian, so that would be a bit of a dead end.

Yeah, I've done a search myself with that and a couple of other variations (although 'Улрих' does seem to be the way of transliterating the German first name 'Ulrich' nowadays), but with no luck!

CCurio said:
Hey, I was using if there is a handy term for a "local" or "native" division for AOG...?

(yes, somebody is working on an OOB for AOG. But who? :eek: )

Berlichingen was the OOB guy, but he seems to have disappeared. So, anyone who wants to tinker around with them is welcome to do so!

(And, if they go into 'Files to be looked at\misc txt\army stuff.txt', they'll find a whole series of templates to use to put these into the neccessary format for .inc files!)

About France and Wallonia lacking cores on Germany, is that intended?

Anyone got to work on an "Japan: Liberator of Asia" event thread? Giving the japanese the options of running around liberating european colonies as liberal democracies would be wicked cool :p

Arilou said:
Anyone got to work on an "Japan: Liberator of Asia" event thread? Giving the japanese the options of running around liberating european colonies as liberal democracies would be wicked cool :p
Ooooh, 1940's mechas of liberty...ehem. :p

Anyway, wahy not make Falkenhayen the HoS of AOG as some sort of military governor of China? I mean, he's not a Corporate Suit and if some nation needs a Corporate Suit HoG it's AOG! :rofl:

Plus I would love to see Falkenhayen go Kurtz and start building his own Taiping Reich... :eek:o :p

Arilou said:

Yep, would be. No-one's doing it at the moment though....

Also, I'm beginning to think that Japan is currently overly powerful in comparison with everyone else in the game, and is also lacking any interesting scenarios beyond power-vacuum filling expansion. So something must be done!

So, what do people think of the following very-sketchy and provisional setup ideas:

* Japanese home-islands controlled by liberal parliamentary democracy, using JAP tag, with quite low (0.4-0.7) peacetime IC usage. Main goal is to use Japanese power to spread liberal democratic forms of national government throughout Asia.

* All Japanese colonies (Manchuria, Korea, Pacific Islands, Taiwan) put under the control of MAN, reflecting the autonomous Japanese military and colonial forces. Puppet of Japan, no restrictions on peacetime IC, controls most of the Japanese army, paternal autocrat government and better techs. Main goal is to acquire resources to feed the military and get living space for Japanese settlement.

* Series of events through 1936-7, reflecting tensions between these two groups, and rival ideas about foreign policy -> Would eventually lead to either: maintenance of status quo, takeover of the whole of the Japanese Empire by one group or the other; or a Japanese civil war.

CCurio said:
Ooooh, 1940's mechas of liberty...ehem. :p

Anyway, wahy not make Falkenhayen the HoS of AOG as some sort of military governor of China? I mean, he's not a Corporate Suit and if some nation needs a Corporate Suit HoG it's AOG! :rofl:

Plus I would love to see Falkenhayen go Kurtz and start building his own Taiping Reich... :eek:o :p

Falkenhausen, no? He's already in the AOG, but as the HoG -> I was thinking the HOS should be someone a bit more economically orientated...

And, we still need more ministers for all the Chinese factions (Qing, AlgOstAsien and Shangqing Tianguo). I'm guessing a lot of the more technocratic Guomindang people could probably be put in AlgOstAsien. But no real ideas about anyone else...

::BTW - nice location, I only just noticed it! - :D ::