+ Reply to Thread
Page 49 of 429 FirstFirst ... 24 39 47 48 49 50 51 59 74 99 124 149 ... LastLast
Results 961 to 980 of 8566

Thread: Kaiserreich: Legacy of the Weltkrieg - Global Alternate History Mod for HOI2

  1. #961
    Field Marshal Sarmatia1871's Avatar
    Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultHeir to the ThroneVictoria: Revolutions
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessCK2: Holy KnightEU3 Collectors Edition
    500k club

    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Welthauptstadt London
    Posts
    3,473
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiser Franz
    i remeber that you include August von Mackensen in your minister list etc..i found a picture of him from 1934, at the funeral of Hindenburg, probably a better choice of picture, as it shows him as he was at the time, instead of 20 odd years before etc...

    ...
    quality of it ain't bad, but not brilliant...
    Thanks for that - will be added!

  2. #962

  3. #963
    Field Marshal Sarmatia1871's Avatar
    Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultHeir to the ThroneVictoria: Revolutions
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessCK2: Holy KnightEU3 Collectors Edition
    500k club

    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Welthauptstadt London
    Posts
    3,473
    Quote Originally Posted by Zuckergußgebäck
    Sarmatia, you and I had a bit of a debate further back about the status of Portugal and her colonies, and I think I have a solution (but it´s big, and before I work any more on it, I want your seal of approval).

    In broad lines, Portugal fell into internal unrest and economic mayhem directly after the great war ended, and with governments coming and going, Germany was unable to negotiate a peace settlement, and hence gave up.
    So in theory, Germany and Portugal were still at war in 1936, but in a ceasefire. Both nations had ny now came to a silent agreement not to negotiate for peace, but keep matters as they were.

    In 1938, Göring however, declares that Portugal is still at war with Germany and demands a peace settlement from Lisbon (he wants the portugese colonies for Mittelafrika). Lisbon might agree, leading to negotiations and some loss of colonies, or disagree, and protest to Berlin.

    When they protest to Berlin, Germany can eaith just make some talking, leading to an invasion of the portugese colonies by mittelafrika (and war between Germany and Portugal) or side with Portugal (to stamp down on Göring), or Göring (to stamp down on Portugal). Exactly what will happen later I´m not sure of, but possibly a yes/no choice for Portugal leading to war or loss of colonies, and a yes/no for Mittelafrika which will either remove Göring or lead to an uprising against Germany.

    How does that sound?
    The general line sounds good. Possibly would also need some chance for South Africa to state an interest as well - this could therefore spark off a more general war in Africa, rather than just result in a Mittelafrikan land grab! (This might also give Germany a chance to fight a proxy war using South Africa against a rebellious Mittelafrika, rather than needing to directly attack itself....)

    With regards to the backstory, Portugal would have been (along with the British Dominions and Japan) included in the Honorable Peace of 1921 - this being the main reason why they were allowed to keep the colonies after the war. However, I definitely see can't any thing wrong with there being in the terms of the treaty or negotiations which would give Mittelafrika an excuse to declare the settlement with regards to Portugal null and void!

  4. #964

  5. #965
    Field Marshal Sarmatia1871's Avatar
    Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultHeir to the ThroneVictoria: Revolutions
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessCK2: Holy KnightEU3 Collectors Edition
    500k club

    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Welthauptstadt London
    Posts
    3,473
    Quote Originally Posted by Zuckergußgebäck
    Taking a look at the german tech teams, I can´t help but wonder what has happened with Einstein, who obviously wouldn´t have packed his bags and went to the USA in this scenario?

    Perhaps he should replace Heisenberg as a skill 9 nuke physics, nuke engineering and maths team?
    Could definitely be! I was going to add him earlier, but have only just put in Berlichingen's new tech-teams and not messed about with them at all yet.

  6. #966
    Den ökända hästen från Troja Zuckergußgebäck's Avatar
    Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    8,848
    Blog Entries
    33
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarmatia1871
    With regards to the backstory, Portugal would have been (along with the British Dominions and Japan) included in the Honorable Peace of 1921 - this being the main reason why they were allowed to keep the colonies after the war. However, I definitely see can't any thing wrong with there being in the terms of the treaty or negotiations which would give Mittelafrika an excuse to declare the settlement with regards to Portugal null and void!

    I´ll see what I can come up with on that matter.

  7. #967
    Captain CCurio's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    AOG accounting department
    Posts
    452
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarmatia1871
    - Apologies - I think I need to be reminded!
    Anyway, it was that a number of 'idle' muslim sultas/princes in Aden and states like that are supporting Somali separatists. Abyssinia is unable to enforce proper border control and eventually some weapons from somalis end up in the hands of separatists of the Freistaat.

    Eventually Göring has had enough and decides to 'enforce the law' on Abyssinia. Invasion proceeds, and there are some additional options when it comes to chopping up the horn of africa colonies ranging between various degrees of german/MAF/local control.
    Can Germany preserve her new world order?
    Test out Kaiserreich - Legacy of the Weltkrieg
    A global alternative history mod for Hearts of Iron II

  8. #968
    Captain CCurio's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    AOG accounting department
    Posts
    452
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarmatia1871
    The general line sounds good. Possibly would also need some chance for South Africa to state an interest as well - this could therefore spark off a more general war in Africa, rather than just result in a Mittelafrikan land grab! (This might also give Germany a chance to fight a proxy war using South Africa against a rebellious Mittelafrika, rather than needing to directly attack itself....)
    I was thinking that SA could pull out an intervention if it is...enough agressive when MAF invades Abyssinia.
    Can Germany preserve her new world order?
    Test out Kaiserreich - Legacy of the Weltkrieg
    A global alternative history mod for Hearts of Iron II

  9. #969
    Who is John Galt? Earth's Savior's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis IV

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    4,229
    Why can't I download the 0.3 file? It says that the file doesn't exist on that URL.
    "America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." - Abraham Lincoln

  10. #970
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarmatia1871
    Collins as a military strongman in charge of Ireland sounds like a brilliant idea! And he worked with Eoin O'Duffy - veeeerrrryyy interesting!!!!
    Ah, a man after my own heart! I too was toying with the idea of a Collins-O'Duffy parnership. I'm currently reading Peter Hart's excellent biography of Collins, and it seems O'Duffy would be the perfect partner: he was extremely unpopular except amongst his own small militia, so would be no threat to Collins. In fact, Collins is reported to have named him as his successor (I have this is from Wikipedia though, so it could be nonsense). Think Hitler and Himmler only without the evil... O'Duffy did go the way of Oswald Mosely in OTL but I'm sure in the circumstances of Kaiserreich he could be persuaded to moderate himself

    Quote Originally Posted by Sarmatia1871
    I was planning on having Ireland be fairly neutral, but following on from this it could probably either take on a pro-German or Papal line. The latter would be especially good, as it would mean potential intervention on the side of the Carlists and Bretons (Pan-Celticism events, anyone...?). I also found an article on Irish pre-war Syndicalism which could add another potential political grouping (and cause for British interference).

    And of course, whatever Unionists remain in Ireland could prove very useful for the British Monarchists to attempt to create a springboard for a return to the home islands...
    Well, Collins was surprisingly anti-Clerical in his day but with age comes Conservatism, I guess. That's the great thing about assassinated leaders in counterfactuals, you can make them do anything and it remains plausible!

    Syndicalism in Ireland, I would guess, would be centered around Jim Larkin, who was not a particularly efficient character. Hopefully I can find someone less ridiculous to lead the movement, though I'd still like to keep James Connolly dead. Actually, this is probably gibberish to everyone else, sorry!

    Anyway, if I get the chance tomorrow, I'll draw up a plan about an irish events series. My worry is that I'll get ahead of myself and end up with an irish empire across Europe...

  11. #971
    Major Passivocalia's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Texas. Where's my avatar?!
    Posts
    537
    Quote Originally Posted by Zuckergußgebäck
    Taking a look at the german tech teams, I can´t help but wonder what has happened with Einstein, who obviously wouldn´t have packed his bags and went to the USA in this scenario?

    Perhaps he should replace Heisenberg as a skill 9 nuke physics, nuke engineering and maths team?
    How restrictive would the Kaiser's regime be? I ask because Einstein was an avowed pacifist, and later on in life he praised a leftist social democrat stance. That being said, he did stay working in Berlin during World War I, but his stances gave him criticism from Anti-Semites *and* nationalists.

    Perhaps if Germany reaches a significantly high belligerence level, or maybe after socialist and syndicalist rebellions start flaring in the world, there should be an event deciding whether Germany should clamp down on "leftist and counternational elements". It could be like the Soviet Great Purge events, either sleeping Einstein and some other passivist/leftist teams and ministers or taking a massive dissent hit.
    Passivocalia (Paternal Autocrat)

    Member of the Christian Paradox Player's Club
    "Let love be sincere; hate what is evil, hold on to what is good"
    -St. Paul, Letter to the Romans 12:9

    Vaticanize me, Cap'n! Add the Holy See to your Hearts of Iron!
    Bound Feet: The Tale of Manchukuo (ongoing)
    Calling in the Old Guard - an Austrian MusicalAAR (ongoing)

  12. #972
    General T-hiddemen's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Waupaca, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    1,815
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarmatia1871
    And thank you for this as well!

    Can we also have one for Michael Collins please?


  13. #973
    Who is John Galt? Earth's Savior's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis IV

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    4,229
    Why can't I download the file?! It says that it doesn't exist on the URL!
    "America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." - Abraham Lincoln

  14. #974
    Major Zauberfloete's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteHearts of Iron III

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Ex-General-Secretary for Kaiserreich Mod
    Posts
    786
    Quote Originally Posted by Earth's Savior
    Why can't I download the file?! It says that it doesn't exist on the URL!
    Are you downloading it with 'WinRAR'? If yes then hold down 'Shift' before you click the download button! It should be downloadable now!

  15. #975
    Who is John Galt? Earth's Savior's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis IV

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    4,229
    I have no idea what the installation instructions mean.

    Can someone help?
    "America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." - Abraham Lincoln

  16. #976
    Old Person GeneralHannibal's Avatar
    Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Baltimore
    Posts
    4,889
    Sarmatia
    just as a comment, there are going to be events for the American Civil War to end because I now have to go and conquer islands in the pacific and i cant deploy units there because i conquered it from the US. I'm the CSA. And also California never secceded in my game, are those events in yet or not i'm wondering.
    "How much easier it is to be critical than to be correct." - Benjamin Disraeli


    "Morality may consist solely in the courage of making a choice." - Leon Blum

  17. #977
    Field Marshal Sarmatia1871's Avatar
    Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultHeir to the ThroneVictoria: Revolutions
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessCK2: Holy KnightEU3 Collectors Edition
    500k club

    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Welthauptstadt London
    Posts
    3,473
    Quote Originally Posted by CCurio
    Anyway, it was that a number of 'idle' muslim sultas/princes in Aden and states like that are supporting Somali separatists. Abyssinia is unable to enforce proper border control and eventually some weapons from somalis end up in the hands of separatists of the Freistaat.

    Eventually Göring has had enough and decides to 'enforce the law' on Abyssinia. Invasion proceeds, and there are some additional options when it comes to chopping up the horn of africa colonies ranging between various degrees of german/MAF/local control.
    Ah yes, I remember now! That can be done at some point (and also your Finnish/Norwegian ideas from earlier should be added too...)

  18. #978
    Field Marshal Sarmatia1871's Avatar
    Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultHeir to the ThroneVictoria: Revolutions
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessCK2: Holy KnightEU3 Collectors Edition
    500k club

    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Welthauptstadt London
    Posts
    3,473
    Quote Originally Posted by midos

    Well, Collins was surprisingly anti-Clerical in his day but with age comes Conservatism, I guess. That's the great thing about assassinated leaders in counterfactuals, you can make them do anything and it remains plausible!

    Syndicalism in Ireland, I would guess, would be centered around Jim Larkin, who was not a particularly efficient character. Hopefully I can find someone less ridiculous to lead the movement, though I'd still like to keep James Connolly dead. Actually, this is probably gibberish to everyone else, sorry!

    Anyway, if I get the chance tomorrow, I'll draw up a plan about an irish events series. My worry is that I'll get ahead of myself and end up with an irish empire across Europe...
    Cool - probably best to keep things domestic initially (eg. power struggles inside Ireland), and base foreign policy events around these, as well as the rest of the planned global situation (esp. relating to France, Britain and Canda).

    Also, Bretagne is going to be added fairly shortly as a user-defined country (so an additional Celtic ally...), and I might also add Ulster, if ministers can be found, for potential civil wars...

  19. #979
    Field Marshal Sarmatia1871's Avatar
    Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultHeir to the ThroneVictoria: Revolutions
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessCK2: Holy KnightEU3 Collectors Edition
    500k club

    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Welthauptstadt London
    Posts
    3,473
    Quote Originally Posted by Passivocalia
    How restrictive would the Kaiser's regime be? I ask because Einstein was an avowed pacifist, and later on in life he praised a leftist social democrat stance. That being said, he did stay working in Berlin during World War I, but his stances gave him criticism from Anti-Semites *and* nationalists.

    Perhaps if Germany reaches a significantly high belligerence level, or maybe after socialist and syndicalist rebellions start flaring in the world, there should be an event deciding whether Germany should clamp down on "leftist and counternational elements". It could be like the Soviet Great Purge events, either sleeping Einstein and some other passivist/leftist teams and ministers or taking a massive dissent hit.
    The German Empire wasn't very oppresive per se, but some sort of clampdown if an extremist group gets into power or if the SPD gets too militant wouldn't be out of the question.

    Another possible avenue is that in the immediate pre-war period, the Universities were becoming something of a bastion of right-wing and reactionary thought, particularly in subjects like the new social sciences -> So, these political tendencies could possibly spread to other Departments in the mod's timeframe, and the Government may have to mediate if the reactionaries want to force out questionably devoted but skilled scientists and academics...

  20. #980

+ Reply to Thread
Page 49 of 429 FirstFirst ... 24 39 47 48 49 50 51 59 74 99 124 149 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts