• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Sarmatia1871 said:
* Someone redesigns part of the tech-tree
* Someone makes the sprites
* Some sort of plausible argument can be come up with to show how they would actually be useable!
But do we need sprites if they are brigades? :confused:

Anyway...

sh_tanks.jpg

Hmmm, has anybody got any suggestion what we could do with the LA-brigade?

I don't think that the Land Battlecruiser should be any more well-treated than Cavalry in vanilla HoI2. If you do put it in the game, it should be a brigade not a division, it should have a hefty speed penalty and a high cost in supplies and oil. Finally, it should provide only very moderate improvements to a division's fighting power. Superheavy tanks have historically been nothing but failures.

However, the armour tree should accomodate 'modern' medium armour units for jeune ecole nations, as well as a set of armoured "infantry tank" brigades of increasing effectiveness, perhaps accompanied by a "cruiser tank" line... Thoughts?

Thirdfain said:
I don't think that the Land Battlecruiser should be any more well-treated than Cavalry in vanilla HoI2. If you do put it in the game, it should be a brigade not a division, it should have a hefty speed penalty and a high cost in supplies and oil. Finally, it should provide only very moderate improvements to a division's fighting power. Superheavy tanks have historically been nothing but failures.

However, the armour tree should accomodate 'modern' medium armour units for jeune ecole nations, as well as a set of armoured "infantry tank" brigades of increasing effectiveness, perhaps accompanied by a "cruiser tank" line... Thoughts?
As far as I know we're replacing the SH brigades with the heavies...

I was thinking of splitting the heavy armors into infantry (Matilda et all IRL) tanks and general heavy tanks (IS-series, german heavies IRL).

Cruiser tanks and mediums can propably be represented as divisions like in vanilla.

EDIT: Also, the pic I posted is just the heavy armor part of the tree. :eek:o

(would 'La Paz' be a more accurate name?)
Sorry that was my mistake, got distracted :D La Plata sounds good. (edditing)

I'll see if I can find South American leaders, but if anyone could come up with the new ideology matrix, I keep fogeting how much to te left of the right is every ideology, for example, Britain at the start will be less radical than France right?

So it's:
___>>sindicalism>>Unions>>3 democracies that I can't really there manes>>Kaiser's democracy>>PA>>proto-facist

But do we need sprites if they are brigades?

Anyway...

Cool I was thinking in INF tanks (SH-armor) startin with models 0 & 1 for WW1 models, tehn trunning into heavier, until they are REALLY heavy and that idea of having Industrial techs as requiments is very good.

H-armor could be developed as liter Inf tanks, that would move more towards Inf asault guns/heavy mediun tanks giving lower spd penaltys, until they give none.

L-armor, maybe turn them into formations made of armored figthing vehicles, that would get light tanks, and a few cruiser or cavalry tanks, like the covenanter, when the tech is aviable, so they would start like a poor attackment to have, but later would turn out really good.

These tanks should really be a German failure, redesigned once the war starts. As a kind of handicap to the Germans... They would have sucked in a tactical and strategic sense imho.

Evans said:
These tanks should really be a German failure, redesigned once the war starts. As a kind of handicap to the Germans... They would have sucked in a tactical and strategic sense imho.

They will not be the best tanks out there, they will be expensive in IC/fuel/supplies, probably there only use will be to beak enemy lines. so there actual value on the battlefield could be a bit limited.

@ CCurio: Do you want H-armor to develop towards Tigers or StuGs?
towards Heavy tanks or inf suport vehicles?

Juancho said:
They will not be the best tanks out there, they will be expensive in IC/fuel/supplies, probably there only use will be to beak enemy lines. so there actual value on the battlefield could be a bit limited.

@ CCurio: Do you want H-armor to develop towards Tigers or StuGs?
towards Heavy tanks or inf suport vehicles?
Tigers and Churcils, to be more specific...not inf support vechiles, inf support tanks in specific. :)

I was thinking that there could be the common GW-HA, then it would branch into 3 models of inf support tanks and 3 models of heavy tanks.

I was thinking that assault guns could either be in Sp-art or L-arm...

CCurio said:
Tigers and Churcils, to be more specific...not inf support vechiles, inf support tanks in specific. :)

I was thinking that there could be the common GW-HA, then it would branch into 3 models of inf support tanks and 3 models of heavy tanks.

I was thinking that assault guns could either be in Sp-art or L-arm...

In my humble opinion, assault guns fit under sp-artillery . . . I've always envisioned l-arm as lightly armored, quick, maneuvarable vehicles primarily for recon, or combat against weak infantry units (militia, etc) .. . .

T-hiddemen said:
In my humble opinion, assault guns fit under sp-artillery . . . I've always envisioned l-arm as lightly armored, quick, maneuvarable vehicles primarily for recon, or combat against weak infantry units (militia, etc) .. . .
Yeah, as of now they fit, but despite the similarities an SP gun is diffrent from an assault gun...so I was wondering if we could turn the L-A into Assault Gun brigade...

Very good stuff all above! I will continuing staying out of the tech areas for the time being - :D

Couple of questions/requests:

* Can anyone tell me which is pic included in vanilla for Francis Xavier de Borbón-Parma - Passivocalia posted it a while back, but I've lost it as it's buried in the depths of the thread!
EDIT: Don't worry about this anymore - found him!

* The French Garde National - these have been put (understrengthed) into the starting French OOB to guard the frontiers. Do people reckon they should be garrison or militia?

Last edited:
T-hiddemen said:
Ok, here are a luftzeppelin, and a panzerzeppelin . . . .

The name Luftzeppelin doesn't make sense in german, because for germans it's like this: air-airship (or air-blimp).
If this should be a transport vessel (like the pictur indicates), then it should be named like "Transportzeppelin" or "Lufttransport-Zeppelin" (air transport zeppelin)

Miggel said:
The name Luftzeppelin doesn't make sense in german, because for germans it's like this: air-airship (or air-blimp).
If this should be a transport vessel (like the pictur indicates), then it should be named like "Transportzeppelin" or "Lufttransport-Zeppelin" (air transport zeppelin)
indeed. You wouldn't call a submarine a underseasubmarine either, now would you :)

Also, if we're extending to the cold war I want to build Raumslachtschiffe* Bismarck... :p

(Space Battleship, I hope I translated it right)

*vanishes, hoping that nobody gets the refence. :eek:o *

In all seriousness, I will try if I can whip myself to complete the doctrines today/tonight.

Much as I hate to interrupt the debate on how to get the biggest tanks possible ( :rolleyes: ) I have finally completed the events for Canada and the ACW2. Firstly, a few notes for them:

1) For them to work right it needs the flag CSA_ELECTION_VICTORY to be set in option d of the US election event (id 90802). I recommend putting similar flags into the other options in case they're needed later on too.

2) In event id 9 option a sets a flag USA_SUPPORTS_CAN and talks about the USA supporting Canada in a war with Britain (assuming they survived). Obviously I've not made events for this but I thought they'd probably work like these events but in reverse. Something to be done when we get deeper into the event scripting process.

3) Canada does go to war with these events, although a war between the CSA and either CAL or TEX can be triggered fairly regularly.

4) The last event (id 30) is the one I mentioned a while back to have oil in Alaska. One extra command that could be included for option a is the addition of an Alaskan Oil Company tech team for Canada. I've not included it though as I don't really know much about coding tech teams.

Anyway, here they all are:

event = {
id = 1
random = no
country = CAN
name = "Syndicalist secessions in the US"
desc = "The presidential elections in our neighbour, the USA, have been turbulent. So much so in fact that civil war seems imminent as a syndicalist uprising has occurred in the north. Considering our opposition to the syndicalists back in the Home Islands we can ill afford having a strong syndicalist faction on our own southern border. Perhaps we should aid the US government in destroying them."
style = 0
trigger = {
flag = ACW_CSA
exists = CSA
exists = USA
NOT = { exists = CAL }
NOT = { war = { country = USA country = CAN }}
}

date = { day = 1 month = october year = 1936 }
offset = 30
deathdate = { day = 29 month = december year = 1940 }

action_a = {
name = "Yes, support the US government"
ai_chance = 90
command = { type = relation which = USA value = 50 }
command = { type = relation which = CSA value = -25 }
command = { type = setflag which = CAN_SUPPORT_USA_1 }
}
action_b = {
name = "Remain neutral"
ai_chance = 10
command = { type = relation which = USA value = -25 }
}
}

event = {
id = 2
random = no
country = CAN
name = "Syndicalist secessions in the US"
desc = "The presidential elections in our neighbour, the USA, have been turbulent. So much so in fact that civil war seems imminent as a syndicalist uprising has occurred in the north. Considering our opposition to the syndicalists back in the Home Islands we can ill afford having a strong syndicalist faction on our own southern border. We could aid the US government but they are rather extremist in some respects. Instead we could support the secessionists in California."
style = 0
trigger = {
flag = ACW_CSA
exists = CSA
exists = USA
exists = CAL
NOT = { war = { country = USA country = CAN }
war = { country = CAL country = CAN }
}
}

offset = 30

action_a = {
name = "Support the Californians"
ai_chance = 70
command = { type = relation which = CAL value = 50 }
command = { type = setflag which = CAN_SUPPORT_CAL_1 }
}
action_b = {
name = "Support the US government"
ai_chance = 20
command = { type = relation which = USA value = 50 }
command = { type = setflag which = CAN_SUPPORT_USA_1 }
}
action_c = {
name = "Remain neutral"
ai_chance = 10
command = { type = relation which = CAL value = -25 }
}
}

event = {
id = 3
random = no
country = CAN
name = "Syndicalist victory in the US elections"
desc = "The presidential elections in our neighbour, the USA, have been turbulent. Unfortunately the Syndicalist faction has won the elections. Considering our opposition to the syndicalists back in the Home Islands we can ill afford having a strong syndicalist faction on our own southern border. some respects. However secessionists have broken away in California and we could provide diplomatic and economic support to them in the hopes of overthrowing the synidcalist regime."
style = 0
trigger = {
NOT = { flag = ACW_CSA }
flag = CSA_ELECTION_VICTORY
exists = CAL
NOT = { war = { country = CAL country = CAN }}
}

offset = 30

action_a = {
name = "Support the Californians"
ai_chance = 90
command = { type = relation which = CAL value = 50 }
command = { type = setflag which = CAN_SUPPORT_CAL_2 }
}
action_b = {
name = "Remain neutral"
ai_chance = 10
command = { type = relation which = USA value = 25 }
command = { type = relation which = CAL value = -25 }
}
}

event = {
id = 4
random = no
country = CAN
name = "Syndicalist victory in the US elections"
desc = "The presidential elections in our neighbour, the USA, have been turbulent. Unfortunately the Syndicalist faction has won the elections. Considering our opposition to the syndicalists back in the Home Islands we can ill afford having a strong syndicalist faction on our own southern border. some respects. The only faction to oppose them are the right wing America First group. We could support them in the hopes of overthrowing the syndicalist government."
style = 0
trigger = {
NOT = { flag = ACW_CSA }
flag = CSA_ELECTION_VICTORY
NOT = { exists = CAL }
exists = TEX
NOT = { war = { country = TEX country = CAN }}
}

offset = 30

action_a = {
name = "Support America First"
ai_chance = 80
command = { type = relation which = TEX value = 50 }
command = { type = setflag which = CAN_SUPPORT_TEX_1 }
}
action_b = {
name = "Remain neutral"
ai_chance = 20
command = { type = relation which = TEX value = -25 }
}
}

######## Canada supports US government chain ################################

event = {
id = 5
random = no
country = CAN
name = "Civil war in the USA"
desc = "The US government has now gone to war with the secessionist syndicalists. If we are to support them then now is the time to do so. Many of our nations leaders propose demanding Canadian occupation of Alaska in compensation, though others see Alaska as a worthless piece of land and say we should instead use our support now to bargain for US support in a future war against the syndicalists back in the Home Islands."
style = 0
trigger = {
flag = CAN_SUPPORT_USA_1
war = { country = USA country = CSA }
}

date = { day = 1 month = december year = 1936 }
offset = 30

action_a = {
name = "Demand Alaska in return for our support"
ai_chance = 55
command = { type = trigger which = 6 }
}
action_b = {
name = "Get US support for future campaigns"
ai_chance = 40
command = { type = trigger which = 9 }
}
action_c = {
name = "Remain neutral after all"
ai_chance = 5
command = { type = relation which = USA value = -50 }
command = { type = relation which = CSA value = 25 }
command = { type = clearflag which = CAN_SUPPORT_USA_1 }
}
}

event = {
id = 6
random = no
country = USA
name = "Canadian demands"
desc = "The Canadian government has offered us supplies and even volunteer troops to aid us against the Syndicalists, but only if we surrender control of Alaska to them. While Alaska is not very valuable land it is still US land and not everyone would be happy to see it go."
style = 0
trigger = {
}

offset = 30

action_a = {
name = "Agree to their demands"
ai_chance = 75
command = { type = trigger which = 7 }
command = { type = relation which = CAN value = 50 }
command = { type = secedeprovince which = CAN value = 545 }
command = { type = secedeprovince which = CAN value = 546 }
command = { type = secedeprovince which = CAN value = 547 }
command = { type = secedeprovince which = CAN value = 548 }
command = { type = secedeprovince which = CAN value = 549 }
command = { type = secedeprovince which = CAN value = 550 }
command = { type = secedeprovince which = CAN value = 551 }
command = { type = secedeprovince which = CAN value = 553 }
command = { type = removecore which = 545 }
command = { type = removecore which = 546 }
command = { type = removecore which = 547 }
command = { type = removecore which = 548 }
command = { type = removecore which = 549 }
command = { type = removecore which = 550 }
command = { type = removecore which = 551 }
command = { type = removecore which = 553 }
command = { type = supplies value = 1000 }
command = { type = oil value = 200 }
command = { type = add_division which = "Canadian Exp. Force 1st Corps" value = infantry when = 1 }
command = { type = add_division which = "Canadian Exp. Force 2nd Corps" value = infantry when = 1 }
command = { type = add_division which = "Canadian Exp. Force 3rd Corps" value = infantry when = 1 }
}
action_b = {
name = "No! Deal with the Syndicalists by ourselves."
ai_chance = 25
command = { type = trigger which = 8 }
}
}

event = {
id = 7
random = no
country = CAN
name = "US agrees to our terms"
desc = "The US government has agreed to secede Alaska in return for our support in the civil war"
style = 0
trigger = {
}

offset = 30

action_a = {
name = "Good. We have a deal."
command = { type = addcore which = 545 }
command = { type = addcore which = 546 }
command = { type = addcore which = 547 }
command = { type = addcore which = 548 }
command = { type = addcore which = 549 }
command = { type = addcore which = 550 }
command = { type = addcore which = 551 }
command = { type = addcore which = 553 }
command = { type = supplies value = -1000 }
command = { type = oil value = -200 }
command = { type = manpower value = -50 }
}
}

event = {
id = 8
random = no
country = CAN
name = "US turns us down"
desc = "The US government refuses our requests. We now have two choices - stay neutral in the civil war or send some limited support anyway, depsite their refusal of our request."
style = 0
trigger = {
}

offset = 30

action_a = {
name = "Provide limited support"
ai_chance = 50
}
action_b = {
name = "Take a neutral role henceforth"
ai_chance = 50
command = { type = clearflag which = CAN_SUPPORT_USA_1 }
}
}

event = {
id = 9
random = no
country = USA
name = "Canadian demands"
desc = "The Canadian government has offered us supplies and even volunteer troops to aid us against the Syndicalists. In return for this they want a guarantee that we will similarly support them in any future war between Canada and thesyndicalist controlled Republic of Britain. Such a guarantee limits our options but could be worth it for Canadian support now."
style = 0
trigger = {
}

offset = 30

action_a = {
name = "Agree to support them in future"
ai_chance = 75
command = { type = trigger which = 10 }
command = { type = setflag which = USA_SUPPORTS_CAN }
command = { type = guarantee which = USA where = CAN }
command = { type = relation which = CAN value = 50 }
command = { type = add_division which = "Canadian Exp. Force 1st Corps" value = infantry when = 1 }
command = { type = add_division which = "Canadian Exp. Force 2nd Corps" value = infantry when = 1 }
command = { type = add_division which = "Canadian Exp. Force 3rd Corps" value = infantry when = 1 }
}
action_b = {
name = "No! Deal with the Syndicalists by ourselves."
ai_chance = 25
command = { type = trigger which = 8 }
}
}

event = {
id = 10
random = no
country = CAN
name = "US agrees to our terms"
desc = "The US government has agreed to support us in our efforts to retake Britain."
style = 0
trigger = {
}

offset = 30

action_a = {
name = "Good. We have a deal."
command = { type = dissent which = -5 }
}
}

event = {
id = 11
random = no
persistent = yes
country = CAN
name = "Supplies shipment to USA"
desc = "In accordance with our agreement with the US government another load of supplies and oil has been sent to aid them in their war effort against the syndicalists"
style = 0
trigger = {
war = { country = USA country = CSA }
NOT = { war = { country = USA country = CAN }}
flag = CAN_SUPPORT_USA_1
}

offset = 30

action_a = {
name = "Send the supplies"
command = { type = supplies value = -200 }
command = { type = oil value = -50 }
command = { type = trigger which = 12 }
}
}

event = {
id = 12
random = no
persistent = yes
country = USA
name = "Supplies shipment from Canada"
desc = "The Canadian government continues to aid our war effort against the Syndicalists and yet another shipment of supplies has arrived."
style = 0
trigger = {
}

offset = 30

action_a = {
name = "More supplies have arrived"
command = { type = supplies value = 200 }
command = { type = oil value = 50 }
}
}

#################### Canada supports California events ######################################

event = {
id = 13
random = no
country = CAN
name = "Supporting California - the Seattle Treaty"
desc = "It is becoming increasingly clear that the rival American factions are not going to resolve their differences peacefully. It is time we made negotiations with the Californians. The plan many of our leaders support involves a military occupation of Alaska. California must go to war with the CSA and recognise our authority in Alaska, in return for which we recognise their independence and send supplies and volunteer expeditions to aid them."
style = 0
trigger = {
flag = CAN_SUPPORT_CAL_1
exists = CAL
exists = CSA
}

date = { day = 1 month = january year = 1937 }
offset = 30

action_a = {
name = "Begin the negotiations"
ai_chance = 80
command = { type = trigger which = 14 }
}
action_b = {
name = "Merely send supplies and don't demand Alaska"
ai_chance = 15
command = { type = guarantee which = CAN where = CAL }
command = { type = relations which = CAL value = 10 }
command = { type = trigger which = 19 }
command = { type = supplies value = -500 }
}
action_c = {
ai_chance = 5
command = { type = relation which = CAL value = -50 }
command = { type = clearflag which = CAN_SUPPORT_CAL_1 }
}
}

event = {
id = 14
random = no
country = CAL
name = "The Seattle Treaty"
desc = "Canada has offered us a deal, in which they supply us with men, arms and other necessities, as well as recognising us as a sovereign nation in return for us declaring war on the CSA and recognising their occupation of Alaska. How shall we reply?"
style = 0
trigger = {
}

date = { day = 1 month = January year = 1937 }
offset = 30

action_a = {
name = "Accept the terms of the Treaty"
ai_chance = 45
command = { type = trigger which = 15 }
command = { type = trigger which = 16 }
command = { type = war which = CSA }
}
action_b = {
name = "Limited Treaty - we will not go to war but do not ask for any men."
ai_chance = 45
command = { type = trigger which = 17 }
}
action_c = {
name = "We do not need foreign aid. Refuse the treaty."
ai_chance = 10
command = { type = relation which = CAN value = -25 }
command = { type = relation which = CSA value = 10 }
command = { type = clearflag which = CAN_SUPPORT_CAL_1 }
command = { type = trigger which = 18 }
}
}

event = {
id = 15
random = no
country = CAN
name = "Treaty of Seattle"
desc = "The Californians have agreed to our terms and we can begin to supply them with arms and men, while at the same time occupying Alaska."
style = 0
trigger = {
}

offset = 30

action_a = {
name = "The Treaty is signed"
command = { type = belligerence value = 10 }
}
}

event = {
id = 16
random = no
country = USA
name = "Canadian occupation of Alaska"
desc = "Taking advantage of our divided nation the Canadian government has sent troops to occupy the state of Alaska. In our current position we are unable to do more than send diplomatic protests."
style = 0
trigger = {
}

offset = 30

action_a = {
name = "Curse them!"
command = { type = secedeprovince which = CAN value = 545 }
command = { type = secedeprovince which = CAN value = 546 }
command = { type = secedeprovince which = CAN value = 547 }
command = { type = secedeprovince which = CAN value = 548 }
command = { type = secedeprovince which = CAN value = 549 }
command = { type = secedeprovince which = CAN value = 550 }
command = { type = secedeprovince which = CAN value = 551 }
command = { type = secedeprovince which = CAN value = 553 }
command = { type = relation which = CAN value = -100 }
command = { type = setflag which = CAN_OCCUPIES_ALASKA }
}
}

event = {
id = 17
random = no
country = CAN
name = "Treaty of Seattle"
desc = "The Californians have refused to go to war with the CSA but have made other concessions regarding our supplying of them. While not ideal, the Treaty does still allow for the occupation of Alaska and who know - war may break out anyway."
style = 0
trigger = {
}

offset = 30

action_a = {
}
}

event = {
id = 18
random = no
country = CAN
name = "Treaty of Seattle refused"
desc = "The Californians say they do not wish to rely on foreign aid and so have turned down our treaty proposals. We could still occupy Alaska but it is going to be an unpopular move."
style = 0
trigger = {
}

offset = 30

action_a = {
name = "Occupy Alaska regardless."
ai_chance = 75
command = { type = belligerence value = 20 }
command = { type = dissent which = 5 }
command = { type = relations which = CAL value = -50 }
}
action_b = {
name = "Stay out of Alaska, and the US as a whole."
ai_chance = 25
}
}

event = {
id = 19
random = no
country = CAL
name = "Canadians send aid"
desc = "The Canadian government has recognised our independence and agreed to send supplies to bolster our nation."
style = 0
trigger = {
}

offset = 30

action_a = {
name = "Hurray"
command = { type = supplies value = 500 }
}
}

event = {
id = 20
random = no
persistent = yes
country = CAN
name = "Supplies shipment to California"
desc = "In accordance with our agreement with the Californian government another load of supplies and oil has been sent to aid them in their war effort against the syndicalists"
style = 0
trigger = {
war = { country = CAL country = CSA }
NOT = { war = { country = CAL country = CAN }}
flag = CAN_SUPPORT_CAL_1
}

offset = 30

action_a = {
command = { type = trigger which = 21 }
}
}

event = {
id = 21
random = no
persistent = yes
country = CAL
desc = "The Canadian government continues to aid our war effort against the Syndicalists and yet another shipment of supplies has arrived."
style = 0
trigger = {
}

offset = 30

action_a = {
}
}

########################## Canada supports America First events ###############################################

event = {
id = 22
random = no
country = CAN
name = "Supporting America First - the Treaty of Minneapolis"
desc = "It is becoming increasingly clear that the rival American factions are not going to resolve their differences peacefully. It is time we made negotiations with the America First faction. The plan many of our leaders support involves a military occupation of Alaska. America First must go to war with the CSA and recognise our authority in Alaska, in return for which we recognise their legitimacy and send supplies and volunteer expeditions to aid them."
style = 0
trigger = {
flag = CAN_SUPPORT_TEX_1
exists = TEX
exists = CSA
}

offset = 30

action_a = {
name = "Begin the negotiations"
ai_chance = 80
command = { type = trigger which = 23 }
}
action_b = {
name = "Merely send supplies and don't demand Alaska"
ai_chance = 10
command = { type = guarantee which = CAN where = TEX }
command = { type = relations which = TEX value = 10 }
command = { type = trigger which = 27 }
command = { type = supplies value = -500 }
}
action_c = {
ai_chance = 10
command = { type = relation which = CAL value = -50 }
command = { type = clearflag which = CAN_SUPPORT_TEX_1 }
}
}

event = {
id = 23
random = no
country = TEX
name = "The Minneapolis Treaty" # Is Minneapolis in the America First controlled region?
desc = "Canada has offered us a deal, in which they supply us with men, arms and other necessities, as well as recognising our legitimate rights, in return for us declaring war on the CSA and recognising their occupation of Alaska. How shall we reply?"
style = 0
trigger = {
}

date = { day = 1 month = January year = 1937 }
offset = 30

action_a = {
name = "Accept the terms of the Treaty"
ai_chance = 55
command = { type = trigger which = 24 }
command = { type = war which = CSA }
}
action_b = {
name = "Limited Treaty - we will not go to war but do not ask for any men."
ai_chance = 35
command = { type = trigger which = 25 }
}
action_c = {
name = "We do not need foreign aid. Refuse the treaty."
ai_chance = 10
command = { type = relation which = CAN value = -25 }
command = { type = relation which = CSA value = 10 }
command = { type = clearflag which = CAN_SUPPORT_TEX_1 }
command = { type = trigger which = 26 }
}
}

event = {
id = 24
random = no
country = CAN
name = "Treaty of Minneapolis"
desc = "The America First leaders have agreed to our terms and we can begin to supply them with arms and men, while at the same time occupying Alaska."
style = 0
trigger = {
}

offset = 30

action_a = {
}
}

event = {
id = 25
random = no
country = CAN
name = "Treaty of Minneapolis"
desc = "America First's leaders have refused to go to war with the CSA but have made other concessions regarding our supplying of them. While not ideal, the Treaty does still allow for the occupation of Alaska and who know - war may break out anyway."
style = 0
trigger = {
}

offset = 30

action_a = {
}
}

event = {
id = 26
random = no
country = CAN
name = "Treaty of Minneapolis refused"
desc = "America First informs us that they do not wish to rely on foreign aid and so have turned down our treaty proposals. We could still occupy Alaska but it is going to be an unpopular move."
style = 0
trigger = {
}

offset = 30

action_a = {
name = "Occupy Alaska regardless."
ai_chance = 75
command = { type = belligerence value = 20 }
command = { type = dissent which = 5 }
command = { type = relations which = TEX value = -50 }
}
action_b = {
name = "Stay out of Alaska, and the US as a whole."
ai_chance = 25
}
}

event = {
id = 27
random = no
country = TEX
name = "Canadians send aid"
desc = "The Canadian government has recognised our independence and agreed to send supplies to bolster our nation."
style = 0
trigger = {
}

offset = 30

action_a = {
name = "Hurray"
command = { type = supplies value = 500 }
}
}

event = {
id = 28
random = no
persistent = yes
country = CAN
name = "Supplies shipment to America First"
desc = "In accordance with our agreement with the leaders of the America First faction another load of supplies and oil has been sent to aid them in their war effort against the syndicalists"
style = 0
trigger = {
war = { country = TEX country = CSA }
NOT = { war = { country = TEX country = CAN }}
flag = CAN_SUPPORT_TEX_1
}

offset = 30

action_a = {
command = { type = trigger which = 29 }
}
}

event = {
id = 29
random = no
persistent = yes
country = TEX
style = 0
trigger = {
}

offset = 30

action_a = {
}
}

################### Oil discovered in Alaska ###############################

event = {
id = 30
random = no
persistent = yes
country = CAN
name = "We have found oil in Alaska"
desc = "After our occupation of Alaska several of our industries moved in to exploit the area. One of these has, after an intensive survey, managed to discover a large oil field at Prudhoe Bay on the northern coastline. Unfortunately the tundra climate of the region means extensive pipelaying and other work is needed to exploit this find. However an oilfield like this, if successfully exploited, could really boost our economy and military."
style = 0
trigger = {
owned = { province = 549 data = -1 }
owned = { province = 550 data = -1 }
owned = { province = 551 data = -1 }
owned = { province = 553 data = -1 }
}

date = { day = 1 month = may year = 1939 }
offset = 10
deathdate = { day = 29 month = december year = 1941 }

action_a = {
name = "Fund the exploitation of the oilfield"
command = { type = supplies value = -2000 }
command = { type = money value = -1000 }
command = { type = oil where = 550 value = 60 }
}
action_b = {
name = "We cannot afford all the necessary work"
command = { type = oil where = 550 value = 10 }
}
}

Is there anything you want me to do in particular now Sarmatia?

Timotheos said:
Much as I hate to interrupt the debate on how to get the biggest tanks possible ( :rolleyes: ) I have finally completed the events for Canada and the ACW2. Firstly, a few notes for them:

1) For them to work right it needs the flag CSA_ELECTION_VICTORY to be set in option d of the US election event (id 90802). I recommend putting similar flags into the other options in case they're needed later on too.

2) In event id 9 option a sets a flag USA_SUPPORTS_CAN and talks about the USA supporting Canada in a war with Britain (assuming they survived). Obviously I've not made events for this but I thought they'd probably work like these events but in reverse. Something to be done when we get deeper into the event scripting process.

3) Canada does go to war with these events, although a war between the CSA and either CAL or TEX can be triggered fairly regularly.

4) The last event (id 30) is the one I mentioned a while back to have oil in Alaska. One extra command that could be included for option a is the addition of an Alaskan Oil Company tech team for Canada. I've not included it though as I don't really know much about coding tech teams.

Anyway, here they all are:

Many many thanks! Now I've got all (I think!) of these American dependency events, I'll assign them IDs and work out whatever extra triggers and flags will be needed.

;) - For details of more stuff that needs doing, wait a couple of hours...

Is it possible to make doctrines effect the combat efficiency of units?

You know, like those minister bonuses "+10 to inf def"?

Is it possible to mad units with 'deficient' combat efficiency so that you would have to research techs to make the units fight at full power?

How much, say, a 2% or 5% bonus means in combat?

Is it possible to change the effects ministers give? Like shifting bonus from one unit to another?