• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Just buy the expansions? They are really cheap today.

I have been having a complete mare of a time installing this. I have got to the point where I had installed KR 1.2 over a clear installation of Armageddon 1.2 (taken from the anthology and patched).

I am now getting a message to say "Scenario files had errors". If you get past this and open KR the countires are pulling through incorrectly (e.g. Bengal has the name and government of communist north korea.

Does anyone have any suggestions for this (other than delete everything and start again)?

It was the KR scenario with an issue.

I had tried the 1936 scenario, but that seemed normal.

Will KR ever be developed for HoI3? I really think that the HoI3 Engine would work wonders for the game. HoI2 strikes me as somewhat dated graphics/game play wise and in serious lack of provinces, thus leading to bland, "infantry stack" warfare.

Kaiserreich is currently converted for Darkest Hour, which solves several issues. Darkest Hour itself fixes parts of what you mentioned

sorry to intrude - i've just been able to install a version of KR on my aod game (don't have hoi2) and i like it a lot so far (curious to see what DH will combine when it comes out) but i was wondering:
can you research techs in KR? i go to the research screen and have no holes i can plug teams into to research tech? i also have the slider but it seems like i dont get a free slider change per year? it could be the compability w. aod causing the malfunction but i was curious if it was just me experiencing this.
to those contributing to KR - great job :) it really gives hoi2/aod another dimension

edit: playing as germany i have no manpower whatsoever either. again, is it normal?

Last edited:
This is probably an old question, but are you guys going to add any new leaders to Commune of France, or even CSA and the AUS? Maybe we could get something like National France leaders defect to CoF event?

In my CoF game, I have a huge army with a lot of anonymous/useless leaders. That's the one of the only two things that bugged me when playing as CoF.

The second thing is that the AI (especially CoF and Germany) seems to never research and upgrade their tanks. So the CoF AI fielded a lot of FT-17 tanks from the great war in a 1940 war with Germany.

What will happen with KR for HoI, after it's released for DH? :)

We have two teams in the Kaiserreich mod, one for HoI and one for DH. We will continue having those two teams working on the mod for both of the games.
But after a while DH may grab "too much" attention and the mod may stop being developed to HoI but I don't think that will happen in a long while.

Does anyone know who made this picture? We'd like to ask the author to make a few changes so that it could be used as loading screen for Kaiserreich for Darkest Hour.
load1024.png

Yes, that was me, and ^_AC_^ has contacted me about it already :)

Speaking of which, ^_AC_^, please clean your inbox, I want to send you the updated map.

Edit: all done now :)

Last edited: